FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » December gift exchange thank you thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: December gift exchange thank you thread
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Still nothing here either.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, yours SHOULD be on its way. If it isn't there in a week, we'll organize torches or something

Quid, I went to the post office this morning. It arrived at the Post Office the day before I left for Utah, and since I was gone for two and a half weeks and couldn't pick it up, the lady said they SENT IT BACK. To SRI LANKA. !!!!! I'm not sure about that, but I'm calling them today.

I HATE my post office. It took three months for them to start forwarding my mail, and my mailman reads my Entertainment Weekly. [Grumble]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon, your replacement is going out in tomorrow's mail. I had a really rough morning and forgot lots of stuff at home this morning... including my train ticket. Good thing my conductor knows me =)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Coccinelle -

Ebay. Where else? [Smile]

Glad you like them. I got the idea from a gift my sister gave my mom some years ago.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, that totally bites! Make them retrieve it. Make them fix it! I don't want it back! [Cry] [Cry]

Wait a sec. Didn't they at least give you an attempted delivery slip or something? Damn post office. [Grumble]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie Katie!!!!!

It arrived! I can send it back to you again!!!! Please let me know if you want it sent back to the same address!!!!! Superfluous exclamation marks are necessary in this post, even if it drives you up the wall!!!!!! [ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

It will be in time...

Just in time for NEXT Christmas.

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quid, make sure she doesn't leave Texas for a while first [Wink]

[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, I think that's why I'm verifying the address, but maybe I'm so bubbleheaded that that's just my imagination????? [Confused]
Kama
Member # 3022

no, I mean leave as in leave for the vacation. Like she did the last time. Even though the address was right [Razz]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Well, yeah, that was implied. At least in my own mind. It was, it really really was. [Confused] Honestly and everything. [Angst]
Kama
Member # 3022

<-- very literal

[Blushing]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Maybe we should just tie her to a chair or something. Or take away her passport and car keys. Or drain her bank account, with all proceeds going to me, of course, so she can't afford to go anywhere. Or. . . Um, yeah. That's all I've got. [Dont Know]
Kama
Member # 3022

I'm sure Frisco would be quite happy to tie her to her chair [Razz]

... or a different piece of furniture....
[Monkeys]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Monkeys]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like the voice of experience speaking,Kama... [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

hey, I was not the one doing pranks that deserve being tied to furniture.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I've never tied anyone to a chair. Never.

Packing tape, well now, that's a whole other story. . . [ROFL]

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

[Eek!]

Quid! It made it back!! Oh, you are such an absolute darling to offer to send it again. Yes, I'm at the same address, and while I'll be taking little trips, I'm not going anywhere for longer than five days anytime soon. [Smile] [Smile]

I have greater faith in our postal system now - maybe this will make up for my dissapointment in my local post office.

You are so incredibly sweet. [Smile] [Smile] Thank you!!

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

kat, even if you go just for a few days, you could call them and ask to keep the package there for you, just in case.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have them stop your mail when you go out of town, even for a few days?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

I made arrangements. They did not cover this.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Katie Katie!

There is no way I want you to not get your December gift. That just wouldn't be . . . nice. You need it. Well, need is a bit of a stretch, but still. Of course I'm going to send it again! Why wouldn't I?

I'll send it on its way again in the next couple of days.

Next question. Because you should have had it a couple of months ago, and you are, most likely, the last person to receive their gift, do you want spoilers on the contents? [Big Grin]

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least I'm in good company.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Boon? Whatcha talkin' 'bout? Have you not sent yours? Or not received yours? Or had yours returned by the postal system? Fess up, now, Boon.
Boon
unregistered

I didn't get a package. [Cry]

That's okay though. I have a birthday coming up in June...hey, maybe we could do a "Birthday Buddies" exchange. With some careful planning...hmmm...I'm gonna hafta think about that for a while...

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Boon! I'm so sorry that happened to you! Did you tell Katie so she could track down your sender and light a fire under their butt?
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT????? The second one didn't arrive either????? I'm gonna go beat someone up at DesPlaines! And this time I even sent to the home address that you emailed me directly after the fiasco with the first one!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

that, or Boon likes your gifts so much she wants more [Wink]

[Kiss] j/k Boon

[ March 02, 2005, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

Oh, Boon!!! I didn't know! There was one other person that didn't get a package, but I don't if one was even sent in that case. [Frown]

Quid, you don't have to send it again, but I'd be so delighted. I don't want spoilers on the contents - at this point, I think I'm going to frame the postmark. [Smile]

Boon
unregistered

Seriously, I'd forgotten until I saw this thread again, what with tax time and all. It's okay. Really.

But I am still mulling over the "Birthday Buddies" idea. ('Cause that's just what I need - another project!)

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
How would it work? It sounds like an excellent idea to me, if I can understand the mechanics of it...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Katie, I'm sending it. You deserve to have a December gift same as the rest of us schlepps. Besides, I think you'll enjoy it. [Big Grin] Can I at least give you hints? [Evil]
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

Bigger or smaller than a breadbox? *grin*
Boon
unregistered

Well, let's see...

1. Everybody interested could send me their birthdays and addresses and then I would assign the person who has a birthday before them to get a gift for. That way nobody would be sending a gift to the same person who sent them one.

2. I could pair everybody up with the person who has a birthday closest to them.

3. We could make it more random: assigning everyone someone mostly random, but definitely split up geographically and birthday-wise. This would make the gifter more of a surprise to the giftee.

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know yet if I will be part of it, but you sure should post a new thread about your idea, Boon.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Smaller than a breadbox. Of course, this is assuming normal North American size of bread box, not Barbie's playhouse size. [Big Grin]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

And I agree with Quid. Boon deserves a December gift too... but this time it's going to go FedEx!!!

I've got company this weekend so I won't be able to get to this till Monday, but I WILL get this out by the end of next week!

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump* cause this thread was such a kick in the pants and the old one got me all nostalgic. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.