FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » North Korea Missiles (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: North Korea Missiles
vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
ElSa?
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
ERSa?
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vegimo:
ElSa?

And then when, one day, BB is a blushing bride, the processional can be "ElSa's Procession to the Cathedrral".
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
S_W, perhaps you should stop using Blayne, as you so often do, as a proxy for your discontent with other people.
yeah the "if one can be judged by your enemies, Blayne is top notch stuff" was piling it on real thick
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Good thing I clarified myself within a couple of posts, otherwise we might still be talking about it a whole page later!

[ April 04, 2013, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
well I mean this really sums it up

quote:
There's a reason you're so much quicker to note the bad behavior of Samprimary and Orincoro over others here-or even over Blayne himself, earlier in this thread. You can have whatever narrative about that that you like, and no one can stop you

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

My post was wry and droll.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Stephan needs to rename this thread title. It's not even close to accurate anymore.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Funny how yall seem to think that blade has only one edge...Rakeesh and Samp being hypercrirical of me...-that- has never happened before!

Your opinion on the situation has been duly noted.

Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
Thread drift happens.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tittles
Member # 12939

- posted      Profile for Tittles           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol at Blayne deleting his username so people can no longer search for his asinine previous posts to rub his nose in them.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tittles
Member # 12939

Because if he thinks we can't just because the forum search won't work, his google-fu is weak indeed.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug* If he wants to do an image makeover, go for it, anyone should be allowed to do so.

But by all means, Tittles, continue attempting to substitute overt mean-spirited trolling for wit, and perhaps we'll be rid of you that much sooner.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tittles
Member # 12939

1) I don't troll.

2) Hahaha should I mutter something about really just trying to help him? Will that make it witty again?

Tittles
Member # 12939

And image makeover? His "new" handle has 12k posts on it.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
I vaguely wonder why you would even care if you were a "new" account, but that is distinctly unlikely.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tittles
Member # 12939

You start to annoy people really, really fast is all.
steven
Member # 8099

I think several participants in this thread would desist if they knew just how much entertainment I'm getting out of it.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Stephan needs to rename this thread title. It's not even close to accurate anymore.

the real world situation has many astute parallels
Tittles
Member # 12939

Can I be China? I've always wanted to be a worthless totalitarian dictatorship.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

One out of three ain't bad [Wink]
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
I think several participants in this thread would desist if they knew just how much entertainment I'm getting out of it.

I'm betting it wouldn't change their behaviour one iota.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tittles:
Can I be China? I've always wanted to be a worthless totalitarian dictatorship.

What you're doing there... I see it...
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

quote:

With great power comes great amusement.
Tittles
Member # 12939

quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:
quote:

With great power comes great amusement.
Sounds like a troll to me.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

And trust me he would know!
Tittles
Member # 12939

Well yeah ever since I started reading this board I've watched you follow Sam and Rakeesh from thread to thread in order to throw in your little non-sequitorial jabs whenever you think they leave an opening, so I've definitely seen them at work before.

eta - trolls, i mean.

Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

As opposed to Ogres or Owlbears, trolls require acid or fire to kill off forever.

*lights tinder*

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I've always seen myself more as an ogre.
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
I can actually see what you are doing, stonewolf, even if you can't. You might need to recognize that you have many parallels with Blayne, even if you are unwilling to recognize them. You act up, and you often require a lot of patience. you are also bad at compartmentalizing your grievances, so it becomes really easy to see where you are trying to get your wounded licks in where you can. Maybe don't make a habit out of it, for when this thread is no longer tittles latest trollslum.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

*shrug* I don't know about all of that. What I do know is that earlier in the thread, when other people were criticizing Blayne, Stone_Wolf was on that side of the fence. When that group shifted to be largely 'enemies', abruptly he was on Blayne's side of the fence.

Coupled with some specific remarks the math on that is pretty easy. It doesn't have to be about any impossible-to-substantiate psychoanalysis.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by jebus202:
quote:
Originally posted by steven:

I'm betting it wouldn't change their behaviour one iota.
maybe. But the enjoyment level keeps rising. [ROFL]

Rakeesh, I don't want to be a douche to you, but...do you ever just take a step back from the whole hatrackosphere and say to yourself "wow...tempest in a teapot"? There's an xkcd that really made me think of your approach here...
here is that xkcd I mentioned

Of course, in that case, the "box" is Hatrack, and you, among all other people IN the box, have the least awareness of the larger world OUTSIDE of it. Not that you couldn't get that.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

the last thing i want to do right now is revisit stone_wolf psychoanalysis, but yeah. SW, your habits in this regard are practically palpable and are pretty much like rakeesh describes, whether or not you are consciously aware of the habit so
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Heh, Steven, there are a number of people who could pin that on me and not be laughably hypocritical, but you're not one of them. There's a good grain of truth there, but seriously, who do you imagine you're fooling being the one to offer it? Over in another thread you got invested and grandiose in your claims (doesn't know film, indeed) only to-when you were on the ropes-flip the table and announce how silly it all was.

That is often one of your concluding points, but hardly ever one of those you start with.

steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Heh, Steven, there are a number of people who could pin that on me and not be laughably hypocritical, but you're not one of them. There's a good grain of truth there, but seriously, who do you imagine you're fooling being the one to offer it? Over in another thread you got invested and grandiose in your claims (doesn't know film, indeed) only to-when you were on the ropes-flip the table and announce how silly it all was.

That is often one of your concluding points, but hardly ever one of those you start with.

IIRC, Sam was the one who got all butthurt first, and my entire POINT was that the feminist angle was dead in the water compared to the overall-quality-of-the-film, but...whatever, sure, if it makes you happy.

But as far as the xkcd thing, I honestly thought of you IMMEDIATELY, the very first time I read it. You were literally the first person who came to mind. I didn't even try to think about "who is someone who acts like those people in the box?" I just immediately, unbidden, thought of you. Sorry, and I not trying to bust your chops, but that's just how it went down.
[ROFL]

Seriously, I would bet that everyone here agrees that you are the Hatracker MOST like those people in the box. And that's not necessarily entirely a bad thing. To some degree, it just is what it is. You have a personality characteristic. It has features and flaws both.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

Yeah, Rakeesh kind of has a point: you get on the ropes, and default to a pretty trolly "I'm going to sit over here and laugh and look down on you" posting tone and mentality. Moreso the more your position becomes challenged.

I'm glad we are providing you such amusement, but it only really reinforces that you aren't a person who can be expected to argue in good faith. Especially by people like me who can flip over to this thread while the discussion is literally still taking place and see I am being described as ~gettin all butthurt~ or whatever.

Like, and yes, it's a habit. Your response can at this point be patterned based off of your increasingly flippant response to being challenged!

Samprimary
Member # 8561

*quietly piles steven into the list of people sam has ended up armchair poster-analyzing over the course of this thread*
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Yeah, Rakeesh kind of has a point: you get on the ropes, and default to a pretty trolly "I'm going to sit over here and laugh and look down on you" posting tone and mentality. Moreso the more your position becomes challenged.

I'm glad we are providing you such amusement, but it only really reinforces that you aren't a person who can be expected to argue in good faith. Especially by people like me who can flip over to this thread while the discussion is literally still taking place and see I am being described as ~gettin all butthurt~ or whatever.

Like, and yes, it's a habit. Your response can at this point be patterned based off of your increasingly flippant response to being challenged!

I never said you were in the box with Rakeesh, Sam. In the majority of cases, you're actually pretty detached. It almost throws me for a loop sometimes. However, on the Blayne issue, we both know you own real estate there. If it were a college, half the buildings would be named "Samp" or "Sampri" or whatever, etc.. The rest would be named after Rakeesh and Orincoro. ROFL

I'm just messing with you, man.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
What I do know is that earlier in the thread, when other people were criticizing Blayne, Stone_Wolf was on that side of the fence. When that group shifted to be largely 'enemies', abruptly he was on Blayne's side of the fence.

Except for a compliment for BlackBlade's patience, I come out swinging, and haven't stopped.

My third post in this thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
And what right lessons have your less patient but presumably just as well meaning approach taught him professor Samp?

quote:
Please refresh my memory what the "right lesson" is again?

Blayne goes overboard...clearly, but BB's commitment to patience and affiability are hardly a bad thing. Golly I wish I could do it. I'm too hot headed by far, even though I do try.

Clearly, I'm on Blayne's side...oh wait, no I'm just against Samp...as I have made perfectly clear.
quote:
Blayne...you could have skipped the last page and a half and simply said, "I disagree." and accomplished more.

Without a time machine AND a mind reader, there won't be a definitive, provable answer.

And antagonizing people here is not worth trying to prove the unprovable.

Oh yea, pro Blayne all the way.

I could go on...but to this:

quote:
Heh, Steven, there are a number of people who could pin that on me and not be laughably hypocritical, but you're not one of them. There's a good grain of truth there, but seriously, who do you imagine you're fooling being the one to offer it?

I could belabor my point here, but instead I'm simply going to do this:

Heh, Rakeesh, there are a number of people who could pin that on me and not be laughably hypocritical, but you're not one of them. There's a good grain of truth there, but seriously, who do you imagine you're fooling being the one to offer it?

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
I never said you were in the box with Rakeesh, Sam. In the majority of cases, you're actually pretty detached. It almost throws me for a loop sometimes. However, on the Blayne issue, we both know you own real estate there. If it were a college, half the buildings would be named "Samp" or "Sampri" or whatever, etc.. The rest would be named after Rakeesh and Orincoro. ROFL
This to me is the exact same as saying "We both know you are very consistent in calling Blayne out during his long history of a very patterned repetition of inappropriate habits"

Oh, yes. I frequently commented.

Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

I feel like this is good webcomic material.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Stone_Wold, I was pointing out that you *weren't* defending Blayne or taking his part earlier in the thread, but when your 'enemies' (the bullies, yes) were the ones talking rather quickly your posts became about them, and decidedly more mean spirited, while still insisting otherwise. Now you're taking *steven's* side, and are you really going to suggest he's being bullied or whatever excuse necessary to take shots at folks you don't like?

Look, I offered to drop this awhile ago and you batted it aside. I glossed over your...less than complete recount of past moderator involvement. I didn't made a post or maybe two when you alluded, again, to your 'opinion of me' wherein you get to resay that particular post without having to do so. I would be happy, still, to drop it but if you're going to continue treating me as though I'm a fool and don't see these frequent swipes of yours I'm not going to pretend I don't see them.

So. Wanna drop it? Or keep taking shots...in Blayne's defense, or in opposition to bullies, or whichever pretext? And before you become offended at that characterization, do recall some of the characterizations you've made yourself and please skip over that part.

steven
Member # 8099

Rakeesh, tell us about the inside of the box.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Steven, tell us some more about how above it all you are, about how you're totes not intending to be insulting but by the way guys here's how ridiculous you are, about how meaningful and worthwhile your pursuits are, and while you're at it could you 'splain why it is if your posts are to be any indicator, you haven't changed very much from the guy who tried to destroy a community because he didn't like its sponsor?

That's what I'm talking about. If you wanna put up this kind of gimmick, Steven, you need to change your screen name or something. Or at least your style.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

Speaking of which, I kind of wonder what shigs/tittles next screen name is going to be
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

And my point, which because I'm the one making it, you can't seem to get, is I was -never- on Elison's side, I was against the dogpile that the hatrack jerks (your words, not mine) where piling.

And how in the heck can you possibly think I'm on steven's side, for quoting you to you. My point, which you also missed, is that it is hypocritical of you to tell steven that his opinion is biased of you, but somehow your opinion of me isn't. You want to drop it, then drop it. Offering to drop it and then putting down (another) three paragraphs of merde is not dropping it. And I am fully aware of your opinion, as I am of Samp's that I am just taking shots, but I don't agree at all. So you can keep saying that as if it were true, it won't effect anything, because no matter how often you repeat that snow job, it doesn't change that I have been very consistent in what I have said here.

Elison needs to work on not being so thin skinned and immobile (which it seems he is). And those who are jumping all over his stuff are not in the slightest bit trying to help him, no matter how they rationalize their behavior to themselves.

I have also been very consistent that I am not doing this *for* Elison either, but because of my own sensitivities. I also never called these people "bullies" I said their behavior amounts to bullying. In the end, you see me how you see me, and that's fine, but don't ride in on a high horse as if you are going to enlighten me.

steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Steven, tell us some more about how above it all you are, about how you're totes not intending to be insulting but by the way guys here's how ridiculous you are, about how meaningful and worthwhile your pursuits are, and while you're at it could you 'splain why it is if your posts are to be any indicator, you haven't changed very much from the guy who tried to destroy a community because he didn't like its sponsor?

That's what I'm talking about. If you wanna put up this kind of gimmick, Steven, you need to change your screen name or something. Or at least your style.

What, you can't take a little ribbing? Seriously, boss, I KNOW you must have known this about yourself. Have none of your lifelong friends ever mentioned such to you? What about other forum members? Anyone? No one? Don't tell me this is the first inkling you've had that you have this tendency.

I'm actually curious how it plays out IRL. I, for some reason, thought you had converted to Mormonism years ago, and I imagined you earnestly talking to teenagers at Mormon youth group meetings, trying to keep them on the straight and narrow, using the same tactics that you use to argue here.

It's odd what we imagine about people from forums.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
What, you can't take a little ribbing? Seriously, boss, I KNOW you must have known this about yourself. Have none of your lifelong friends ever mentioned such to you? What about other forum members? Anyone? No one? Don't tell me this is the first inkling you've had that you have this tendency.
I still don't completely understand what salient interpretation of how he posts you are trying to ascribe to him. Is it supposed to mean that after posting here for so long he can easily dissect a lot of hatrack interrelational issues, drama, or what, I don't know, rakeesh are you in a box? are you a shade of blue? are you the crushing lightness of being? what is this I don't even
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
I still don't completely understand what salient interpretation of how he posts you are trying to ascribe to him. Is it supposed to mean that after posting here for so long he can easily dissect a lot of hatrack interrelational issues, drama, or what, I don't know, rakeesh are you in a box? are you a shade of blue? are you the crushing lightness of being? what is this I don't even
Dude, your posts often read like my 14-year-old daughter's do, this one in particular, especially the last sentence. Are you immature, or is she mature beyond her years?

Did you even read the comic, though? Read it, please, it's short. I'm curious. What person in your life, on forums, etc. would you say comes to mind first when you read the dialogue from the "in-the-box" people? Anyone in particular? If it's not Rakeesh, or you think his approach to discussions doesn't remind you of that, fine. It was just something that struck me the first time I read it.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Dude, your posts often read like my 14-year-old daughter's do, this one in particular, especially the last sentence. Are you immature, or is she mature beyond her years?
I ... sincerely thank you for unwittingly playing a straight man to wry memes. And please congratulate your daughter for me.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.