FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » North Korea Missiles (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: North Korea Missiles
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne,
I posted this around four years ago in that thread you linked. I very much doubt you'll listen to it now any more than you did then, but here you go:
quote:
quote:
You don't frequent Sakeriver right? Right, so you wouldn't know then that I I've been recently diagnosed with PDD-NOS, I'm incapable of having a normal social life.
If your therapist told you that you are incapable of having a normal social life because he diagnosed you with PDD-NOS, I would strongly recommend seeing a different therapist.

PDD-NOS is diagnosed primarily in childhood and even then is sort of a cath-all for things that don't fit elsewhere (which is why the NOS means Not Otherwise Specified). As I understand it, it may be inferred in adulthood, but this is less a full diagnosis and more and indication that this may be the case.

Regardless, the therapist's job would not be to slap a label on you and say "You can't have a normal social life." but instead to work with you, using the potential PDD-NOS as a guide for where your impairments might be, so that you can develop as normal a social life as possible.

PDD-NOS is often a mild condition and the social impairments that it introduces can, in many cases, be managed or even overcome.

Being diagnosed with a mental disorder is not primarily about an excuse for your poor behavior or a way to get free money from the government, which seems to me to be the way you have treated it. It is the first step in working with a competent psychological professional to overcome or manage the disorder. I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure you haven't been to a mental health professional for that purpose since you got your diagnosis.

If you want your life to get better, this would be a big step towards pursuing that.

You have a choice now. You can either ignore me or commence cursing at me. (I mean, there's pretty much no chance you'll actually listen to me.)

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Easy on the dogpile guys.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a bit surreal to go back in that old thread and see the 2009-era Dan comment on people treating Blayne harshly.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
man I think I reported that thread and got the hell out of it early

quote:
It's a bit surreal to go back in that old thread and see the 2009-era Dan comment on people treating Blayne harshly.
why
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

Just because I'm pretty sure Blayne considers me one of the mean unfair nasties these days. At least that's the impression I get.

I mean, I knew I'd stuck up for Blayne on occasion (and still do, even, when I have a reason to). But I don't usually have cause to see those instances years later. In this case, looking back, I think that I was wrong to scold JT for not giving Blayne more benefit of the doubt.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
What? No, I feel your opinions are wrong and destined for the trashbin of history and this has nothing to do with you as a person; otherwise why would I be playing Pathfinder with you?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

Oh, fair enough then!
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
wow
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by steven:
My first thought at reading that thread was "Well, couldn't the Russian just be...drunk? 'Cause, you know...".

Also, Blayne, I'm curious, did you ever actually write that novel, or even start on it? Have you even written anything that you've let other people read? Apologies if you've started threads about it, etc., I lurk pretty infrequently here.

I've been in a process of working to reconcile creative differences with a friend of mine who also wrote a scifi concept but his is Babylon 5ish far future (a few hundred years from now).

I thought it would be interesting if we merged them, my story could be the "prequel" and his can be what happens after--allowing us to split up writing duties and share.

Its an obviously difficult process but I feel a worthwhile one and a good experience with working with people. His issue is that mine is alternate history with its first major point of divergence in 1955. His story originally invisioned things being 'accurate' OTL until we meet aliens in the future.

He also envisions China being the major world power while I stuck with the USSR through the actions of its crypto-jew genius who took control after Stalin died. Nothing is truly mutually exclusive per se, I never actually decided who would win WWIII, so I've suggested it does collapse, NATO is exhausted and China forges on ahead.

For me I felt I could more consistently write a accurate seeming Russian narrative than Chinese, and he's Russian so I'm loling on the inside.

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne has written several AARs. Among others:

Glorious Qin
Let's Play Europa Universalis
Empire of the Volga

All three take place in the same long-running multiplayer game as Children of the Fatherland, to which Blayne also contributed with "The Rise and Fall of Grigorii Rasputin" (a comic), and The Komneniad. Earlier he contributed to the later parts of The Great Game and to There Will Be War, although unfortunately you have to dig through a lot of comments to find the meaty AAR posts in these old forum threads. The index posts help somewhat but are not quite complete. There may be other Blayne AARs as well, but those are the ones I'm aware of since I wrote AARs for the same games. At any rate one can't accuse Blayne of not sharing his writing with the world.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I've also done a lot of learning to draw art over at Sakeriver in my Blogthread.

http://raenir-salazar.deviantart.com/art/Rumia-344497386

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
Empire of the Volga\

Can someone give me, like, the cliffs notes version of this
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

It's a story where I follow the POV of different characters serving in the armed forces of the country I was in charge of, I also have Isaac Asimov invent powered armour in science fiction and is charge of the Russian rocket program.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
In this case, looking back, I think that I was wrong to scold JT for not giving Blayne more benefit of the doubt.

Boom!
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of blasts from the past today. Where's Samprany of Orincolo? I feel like it's time to hear from him.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Blayne actually said "Samprany-Orincolo team" earlier in this thread.

I still think Samprany of Orincolo is a fantastic name for a character.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I think Blayne actually said "Samprany-Orincolo team" earlier in this thread.

I still think Samprany of Orincolo is a fantastic name for a character.

Yeah, he did. Got a good laugh out of me. [Smile]
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

It would have to have a low charisma score.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

as Samprany of Orinoclo I have for years been defending our borders from the savage Lithawns and the cunning Ralkeshans.

But name a gaming system and I'll make the Samprany for the setting.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm fairly certain that Orincoro spells his name with no "L".
Samprimary
Member # 8561

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
I'm fairly certain that Orincoro spells his name with no "L".

Stone_Wolf: Link.

What you are missing is all in the first sentence of Blayne's post, and in the subsequent responses.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I mix my l's and my r's.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you misspell my username intentionally.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Would that make me "Stone_Worf_"?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

./

quote:
i doubt it.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:

Proof?
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

because well my behavior was unacceptable but Orincoro's was worse, he got email warnings after all.

News to me. [Smile] I don't know what you were told.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
./

quote:
i doubt it.
Really?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
./

quote:
i doubt it.
Really?
I do. I think that especially in long posts, Blayne doesn't bother to go back over and correct spellings.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mix my l's and my r's.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. From what I've observed, you mix your r's and your l's. :nods:
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
how about Samprany of shadowrun.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
quote:

Proof?
Do you really think mine is an assertion that demands proof? Alternatively, do you actually think that demanding proof of a subjective assertion disproves it? Tell us about "objective," again Blayne. I so enjoy that one when you do it.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

So, did anybody notice North Korea has officially put us on notice, by pointing missiles at our stuff?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

you mean by saying they were pointing missiles at our stuff

even the stuff they can't hit

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I personally like the lengthy list of all the things they were pointing their missiles at.

Meanwhile we point our missiles at one place, and we've pretty much got all their stuff in our sights.

steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the only reason China support North Korea is because NK makes the Chinese government look like human rights paragons, in comparison.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
quote:
quote:

Proof?
Do you really think mine is an assertion that demands proof? Alternatively, do you actually think that demanding proof of a subjective assertion disproves it? Tell us about "objective," again Blayne. I so enjoy that one when you do it.
You are clearly an aggrieved party with some form of grievance, this only becomes 'reasonable' if there is evidence to support the assertion.

Otherwise it is "just making stuff up" or "lying through ones teeth" to make oneself feel good, such as your accusation of plagarism.

Maybe you have some other reasonable grievance, it doesn't make making up grievances reasonable and I'll just make fun of you for it.

Orincoro
Member # 8854

It wasn't a grievance Blayne. You only make yourself look childish by doing things like this. And more so by blowing up a comment into a "grievance," or an "accusation." I'm perfectly within my rights to suppose that you insult me intentionally. You have only to deny it- I do not need to "win," as I don't feel particularly aggrieved.

That this grandiosity suites your ego is clear. But I am not impressed.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I personally like the lengthy list of all the things they were pointing their missiles at.

Meanwhile we point our missiles at one place, and we've pretty much got all their stuff in our sights.

north korea makes a quite notable claim about turning seoul into a "sea of fire" and they can't even do that. I mean they can definitely kill a lot of civilians, but the end result would be the absolute destruction of their entire military structure in 48 hours, simply by cutting off the leadership and/or killing it.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
It wasn't a grievance Blayne. You only make yourself look childish by doing things like this. And more so by blowing up a comment into a "grievance," or an "accusation." I'm perfectly within my rights to suppose that you insult me intentionally. You have only to deny it- I do not need to "win," as I don't feel particularly aggrieved.

That this grandiosity suites your ego is clear. But I am not impressed.

You are within your "right" to suppose so, to the same degree you can suppose the world is flat; it just makes you silly for insisting on something you refuse to give evidence for.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Ok. Anything else Blayne?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Concession accepted.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Labeling that a concession explains so much!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

[Big Grin]
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
This is an excellent example of people who like to argue on the Internet. The goal is to just keep posting, never admit that there was any chance you could be wrong, until the opposing Internet person stops talking.

As long as you were the last person talking, it means you were righter and smarter and more awesomer than the other guy, because if he were right, he would have had more to say about it, right? Which only makes the "winner" that much more confident, which often crosses the line into obnoxiously belligerent, the next time.

Bravo, Internet.

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tittles
Member # 12939

- posted      Profile for Tittles           Edit/Delete Post 
I would pay cash money to see Blayne work customer service somewhere.

"NO sir it is an OBJECTIVE FACT that this item is not in resalable condition. Anyone interested in being intellectually honest could see this. Fine if you never come back to this store that will obviously be you conceding."

Posts: 200 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

i say it every time i can: Don't engage Blayne. Hopefully more people see why as time goes on.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Labeling that a concession explains so much!

I think he thinks we were arguing about something.
Parkour
Member # 12078

i say it every time i can: Don't engage Blayne. Hopefully more people see why as time goes on.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.