FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » "I Pledge Allegiance..." (Page 11)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: "I Pledge Allegiance..."
Abyss
Member # 3086

- posted      Profile for Abyss   Email Abyss         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll say what I said before; thank you, and welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 280 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steel
Member # 3342

- posted      Profile for Steel   Email Steel         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid Abyss, always killing the good threads. [Mad]

[Cool]

Posts: 497 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump.....Mwahahahahhahahahaha!
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] Thank you so much . . . [Razz]

-o-

And still,

quote:
And, of course, the idea that the armed American populace could possibly defend itself from the government without the defection of the military itself is one of those laughable fictions that you see in apocalypse novels.

I think the past couple of years more than adequately demonstrate that a determined populace, including, hypothetically, that of the US, could defend itself from the US government.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of saying something about how the people of New Orleans managed to successfuly fight of all rescue and aid efforts, but thought better of it.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
AHEM! there is one thing that is weird about saying that the US could defend itself from the government. Its a secret but i'll tell you...

(U.S.A. citizens make up the government)

That is why there isnt all sorts of revolt, your going to revolt against your own neighbor because americans make up the american government and have equal say, unlike many other countries. I dont like the way the US government is going but its still one heck of a lot better than most.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
AHEM!

Talk to me after you graduate from high school. [Wink]

Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.