FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Which OSC book is currently on YOUR nightstand? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which OSC book is currently on YOUR nightstand?
Morgaine
Member # 4691

- posted      Profile for Morgaine   Email Morgaine         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, Shadow Puppets is the only book I brought with me from home. I'm planning to pick up a (used) copy of Prentice Alvin and either Sarah or Rebecca, or anything else I can find cheap. I'm going to a library soon, so I should pick up some others there.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at the moment I will admit to reading a couple books that are not by OSC. I am just about 100 pages off of finishing the Legacy of the Drow by Salvatore, and am reading Timeline by Crichton on my Axim when I have spare moments.

I plan on getting into the Alvin Maker series next though.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Borommakot
Member # 2160

- posted      Profile for Borommakot   Email Borommakot         Edit/Delete Post 
Currently the OSC on my night stand is Worthing Saga.

Your Friend,

Borommakot

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgaine
Member # 4691

quote:
Timeline by Crichton
Good book. I had a couple technical problems with it, though. Let me know if you notice anything . . . wrong with it.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
PastWatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus

I'm reading it for the second time. I loved it the first time through...it's one of the best Sci-Fi novels I've ever read.

Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Morgaine,

I loved Timeline -- but I'm dying with curiosity to now what technical problems you thought about when you read it. It has been awhile since I read it, but would still love to hear your viewpoint.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Good book. I had a couple technical problems with it, though. Let me know if you notice anything . . . wrong with it.
I liked Timeline, what's wrong with it?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgaine
Member # 4691

Farmgirl/Nick,

How familiar are you with the laws of physics pertaining to parallel universes? Because there were some serious flaws in the information he used, which is amazing because of the amount of research he does for his books. It sounded good, most of it was good, but the important stuff was not clear, thrown together, and didn't seem like he even understood them.

Basically, the characters in Timeline found the note from the Professor on the dig, then went to a different universe to save him (since time travel is impossible, one must go to a similar, parallel universe to that earlier time). How could the note, from a different but parallel universe reach them? And then Marek at the end? It's impossible.

The only answer I have is that at the same time the Professor left to a parallel universe, another Professor, from another universe, jumped into the current Earth, but in the past. Some clarification of the scientific principles he used would be great, because it would help prove this theory, otherwise, there's this major gap in the "timeline" and a flaw with his pseudo-time travel theory. I hope not, I'm so sure he's too smart to leave such major holes like this.

[ August 31, 2003, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Morgaine ]

wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I've finally finished my summer reading, so I can read OSC again!!! Yay!!!
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bricks-N-Sandwiches
Member # 5603

- posted      Profile for Bricks-N-Sandwiches   Email Bricks-N-Sandwiches         Edit/Delete Post 
My summer has been spent getting re-aquainted with OSC...I just took back COTM to the library...
When I was much younger I read Wyrms...but I could not wrap my brain around all of the concepts...so when I re-read it at the beginning of summer I aquired a new respect for OSC. So I looked thru the section where I got it and started on Enders game...I made short work of it and was HUNGRY for more. SFtD wasn't at the library so I had to wait for the inter loan...So I read Enders shadow shadow of the hegemon and shadow puppets.Still waiting for the inter loan(very tiresom) I picked up on the Alvin Series and read all of the released works. I did this so I didn't poison my view of Speaker with the half information I would have from Xenocide. To make this very long story short...I'm just waiting for the next installment to the series.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Same here, bricks. I'm anxious to get my grasp on sotg, if that's what you mean by "the next installment of the series". I find it difficult - I finish books so quickly that I can't wait for the ensuing book. Like Harry Potter and OP. I finished it in three days and now I have to wait. But then again, I finished EG in 1 day (over night) and the rest within the next week). I've got to find other things to do to keep myself occupied... [Party]
[Smile]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Morgaine,
I understand what you're saying (yes, I've read Schrodinger's Cat and all those theories, and I have a college-son who is a physics major and very interested in the concept of parrallel universes).

However, I don't think at any time in Timeline, that Crighton was saying we were working with different universes. He wrote the story from the viewpoint of time travel in this universe (so I didn't have a problem with the things that were found, etc).

Of course, we all know all the problems with the whole idea of time travel at all, when speaking logically. But I was reading Timeline to be ENTERTAINED, not as fact, so that is why I didn't have a problem with it, I guess.

He made it more believeable, I might add, than some of the "time travel" episodes there were on Star Trek <HA> (or Quantum Leap, if you are old enough to remember that show!)

I guess if I wanted reading to be absolutely factual, I would read non-fiction instead of fiction and sci-fi. Crighton does a good job of researching so well that is SOUNDS believable a factual -- but we have to remember that in the end, he is writing fiction.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgaine
Member # 4691

quote:
Orignially posted by Farmgirl
However, I don't think at any time in Timeline, that Crighton was saying we were working with different universes. He wrote the story from the viewpoint of time travel in this universe (so I didn't have a problem with the things that were found, etc).

Not so. If you read carefully the chapter when they're on the plane and Gordon (I don't have the book, but that name sounds right....) is explaining the theory, he distinctly says that time travel is not possible, and that they are not travelling in time. They are going to a different, but parallel, universe where time has progressed slower, which is inevitable with an infinite amount fo similar, parallel universes.

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl
Of course, we all know all the problems with the whole idea of time travel at all, when speaking logically. But I was reading Timeline to be ENTERTAINED, not as fact, so that is why I didn't have a problem with it, I guess.

He made it more believeable, I might add, than some of the "time travel" episodes there were on Star Trek <HA> (or Quantum Leap, if you are old enough to remember that show!)

I guess if I wanted reading to be absolutely factual, I would read non-fiction instead of fiction and sci-fi. Crighton does a good job of researching so well that is SOUNDS believable a factual -- but we have to remember that in the end, he is writing fiction.

Yes, I remember Quantum Leap. One of my favourite shows, actually. If I remember correctly, there were very few serious holes in that show. A bunch of paradoxes, and questions, but nothing major to the integrity of the basic premise of the show.

The thing with Crichton is that his books are usually so well written, it's hard to tell that he's writing fiction. Heck, in Andromeda Strain, he had constant footnotes from non-existant and real sources. That's his style. So when I read his books, I expect to find no line between fiction and reality, something he usually does very well, even with obviously fictional ideas, such as Jurassic Park. Because I think of his books so seriously, I read them more carefully. This seemed like a major thing, to "forget" that they're not in the same universe, that it's a different one, therefore the eyeglasses, the note and the deal with Marek couldn't have happened.

Also, I understand that the concept of time travel is impossible. It's still a fascinating subject. If one can make it sound plausible, while not sounding too spaceship-y, great. He did, the theory was amazing about the time travel, but there's still the question of Marek and the professor, which is a major one.

As I said, I've seen only one possible way for his theory to be regarded as correct, and the plot to flow, and that is to have a simultaneous "leap" (if I may) of a different professor from a different universe into ours, at the same time that the professor from ours left to yet another one. So a diagram would look something like three parallel lines, A, B, and C (the universes) with a jump from the end of B to the middle of C. at the same time, there would also have to be a jump from the end of A to the middle of B, B being our universe, C being the one where everyone goes, and A being a similar but more advanced universe.

Meh, ok, maybe I take it too seriously, but if you're going to write Science Fiction, or at least Science-based fiction, you'd better be prepared for people to read your work critically. Especially serious fans!

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Thanks for the correction, Morgaine.

It HAS been a long time since I read Timeline, so maybe I should go back and read again a little more carefully. I must have missed (or forgotten about) that passage you refer to.

However, I also agree with you -- he writes so very realistically on the scientific level, that it is often hard to remember that we are reading fiction!

I found his most recent, "Prey" to be that way -- but I know so little about the area of science he addresses in this book, I wouldn't recognize any discrepancies if there were there.

Morgaine
Member # 4691

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl
Thanks for the correction, Morgaine.

It HAS been a long time since I read Timeline, so maybe I should go back and read again a little more carefully. I must have missed (or forgotten about) that passage you refer to.

However, I also agree with you -- he writes so very realistically on the scientific level, that it is often hard to remember that we are reading fiction!

I found his most recent, "Prey" to be that way -- but I know so little about the area of science he addresses in this book, I wouldn't recognize any discrepancies if there were there.

No problem. The only reason I'm familiar with it is because I must have read the book about 15 times (almost as many as Shadow Puppets [Eek!] )

I haven't read Prey yet, but I plan to. It is amazing how much research he does for his books. I always wondered whether all novelists put that much care and effort into them, to make them seem plausible, or if some people just have a knack for making the impossible sound possible, or if only SciFi writers cared.

"Nothing is impossible, only improbable." - Isaac Asimov

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently reading Enchantment again. Not only is it the best OSC novel ever, but it also has the coolest cover. [Smile]

(Always judge a book by its cover)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Children of the Mind, now. I'm sort of mad, though...after I finish this one, I would have read all of the available Ender/Bean books, and I'll have to wait for SotG. I don't want to do that. :/ I would next read the Alvin Maker books, but I don't want to start another series that I couldn't finish for a while. And the other books written by OSC don't look as interesting, which means I'll probably venture on to another author. But if I do that, and get involved in another author, I may forget about Bean's series!

Agh, reading is a frustrating business. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Crystal City.

I wish. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Reading can be frustrating - I finished SP about a month ago and I'm just waiting for SOTG to be released...but imagine all of those people who read SP when it was released, about a year ago. They have to wait for an even longer amount of time. See, this part is frustrating, too!! [Big Grin]

I am currently reading The Seventh Son , but I'm only on about page 10. I don't know why I haven't found time to get around to it. I feel terrible [Cry] !! Well, I have plenty of time over the weekend I suppose. I really wish that SOTG was available for reading now, but I will certainly bump it up to the top of the list when it comes out!! [Big Grin]
[Smile]

*edited because I accidentally said that SOTG had been released a year ago when I meant to say SP... [Embarrassed]

[ September 06, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE--I haven't posted in a while (though I've been a lurker extraordinaire) so here goes:

In the time since I originally posted this, I finished Unaccompanied Sonata and started on both The Worthing Saga and First Meetings. Both of them currently occupy the place-on-the-floor-next-to-my-bed-where-a-nightstand-would-be-if-I-actually-had-one (aside: that may have set a record for the number of hyphens in a phrase.)

Also, I have moved back to Radford, Va. because the season ended with the (musical Big River) on Aug. 23rd and I started classes at Radford University on the 25th.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Weltallz
Member # 5649

- posted      Profile for Weltallz           Edit/Delete Post 
Right now: Pastwatch
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for Shadow of the Giant and The last two Alvin books! [Big Grin] Right now I'm sort of re-reading Ender's Game (from the library, I don't own it [Cry] ). I also want to read OSC's other books, but I have to get the money to buy them first [Mad] . Darn bookstore only has expensive hardbacks...ARG... [Grumble]

I'm also reading The Book Of Merlyn by T.H. White.

[ September 16, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sackler
Member # 5683

- posted      Profile for sackler   Email sackler         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even know who OSC was until about 5 weeks ago. I started with Ender's Game and read through the shadow books, then started with Speaker and I just finished Xenocide tonight, but I didn't finish it until the bookstore had already closed, so I couldn't go get COTM [Frown]

I've been reading the enderverse back to back for the past five weeks. Hi my name is Ryan, and I'm addicted to OSC!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I just picked up Pastwatch, but I've only read the prologue so far.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shartae
Member # 5688

- posted      Profile for Shartae   Email Shartae         Edit/Delete Post 
I currently have Enders Game, Children of the Mind, and Shadow of the Hegemon on me bed... because I dont have a night stand! [Dont Know]

but interestingly enough, I have two single beds side by side to each other, and it makes good room wich totally makes up for a night stand

I wanna read Shadow Puppets!!!! *Will suggest many more OSC to her school library*

Ive read every other Ender book. I need to try to find others like Sarah... *and she just forgot the rest of the other book's names*

[ September 18, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Shartae ]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
I was sick today, and my family gave me Shadow Puppets paperback for my birthday, but I hadn't read Shadow of the Hegemon yet, so I borrowed it from my little brother and read that today. I guess Shadow Puppets is up next...

Was that even proper english? :0)
Wonder Dog

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
I did a search and couldn't find this so I'll ask someone to explain, why is time travel impossible? Get as physics-y as you want, I'll follow.
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Game. For the...

:: counts on his fingers... toes... ran out of fingers AND toes... asks friends for help... ::

Err, nevermind. The important thing is I'm reading it. Again.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tman
Member # 5716

- posted      Profile for Tman   Email Tman         Edit/Delete Post 
Just last night I finished Shadow Puppets, and I can officially says I've read all in Ender's saga. I had just started The Worthing Saga, but when I got this book I jumped to the occaision.

After I'm done with that, any next-series suggestions?

(This is my first post on any Hatrack River forums, btw.)

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Rohan
Your question is best answered by Morgaine, but it has already been discussed in this thread, when we talked about Michael Crichton's book TIMELINE

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001988;p=2#000051

CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm halfway through "Hitting the Skids in Pixeltown."
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, Farmgirl, but it still didn't answer the question of why time-travel is impossible. The name Schroedinger's Cat was thrown out, and the problems with the book Timeline were mentioned but none of these specifically addressed why time travel is impossible. that's ok, though. it is too much probably for this thread, and a definite derailment.
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgaine
Member # 4691

[u]About time travel and why it cannot happen:[/u]

(please note that I do not consider this suffiecient proof for time travel not being possible, it is a good concept nonetheless.)

According to Dean Koontz, in the wonderful novel Lightning, time travel is impossible because of the paradoxes it creates.

A person cannot go back in time, because anything he alters will not create his timeline. He would have created a tangent to the original line. (think "Back to the Future Part 2") His world, his timeline, where he came from, does not exist anymore, so neither does he. He ceases, at that moment of change, to exist.

A person cannot go foreward in time for the same reason, just reverse. If they change the future, it would mean a change in the past of the future, and his world wouldn't exist anymore. He ceases to exist as well.

Therefore, we may be able to get there, but we can't do anything. I mean anything. Breathe, take up space, because any change leads to our non-existence.

There are other, more technical, physics related answers, I can go into them another time, but right now I have to catch a bus. Hope this helps. Read the Dean Koontz for a better, clearer, explanation. (I asked the question at NASA, they verified it, so don't think it's just one novelists idea)

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
A person cannot go back in time, because anything he alters will not create his timeline. He would have created a tangent to the original line. (think "Back to the Future Part 2") His world, his timeline, where he came from, does not exist anymore, so neither does he. He ceases, at that moment of change, to exist.
I think time would freeze. Your theory works, except, if he doesn't exist, he couldn't change the past, which means the change of the past (since it wouldn't exist) couldn't possibly affect his future. So, I think time would freeze.

[ September 24, 2003, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Ryan_Larsen
Member # 5530

- posted      Profile for Ryan_Larsen   Email Ryan_Larsen         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished the Homecoming series. It was pretty good.

Now I'm finally reading Harry Potter, though... I want to find "How to write Fantasy and Science Fiction"....

[ September 25, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Ryan_Larsen ]

Posts: 24 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yzerman
Member # 5741

- posted      Profile for Yzerman   Email Yzerman         Edit/Delete Post 
EarthBorn

Next in line are the tales of Alvin Maker.

Still waiting on the next book in the Shadow series.

And for those of you reading Pastwatch...stick with it, it took me a while to get thru the first Half of the book(almost a month and a half) but once the characters are layed out and the plot is set, the rest is well worth the wait.

[ September 25, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Yzerman ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished reading Enchantment...again. I love it! *sigh* It's a great book. I really like books that take fairy tales and put a new twist on them.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
seems like the only time i can find to read is during my lunch at work. i'm about to finish neil gaiman's american gods, and i would like to find my way through the harry potter series, but as for OSC, i'm keeping up with the online preview of the crystal city, i still need to get ahold of a copy of shadow puppets, and somewhere, though i am about to move, i have a copy of saints.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelbar Spin
Member # 5791

- posted      Profile for Pelbar Spin   Email Pelbar Spin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently rereading Maps in a Mirror. I love his short stories and how he can expand some of them into novels without changing the short, like EG. Some of my favorites in it are: Eye for Eye; Kingsmeat; Sandmagic; Fat Farm; and my favorite, A Thousand Deaths. I enjoy every short in the book and they are put together perfectly. I can sit down and read the whole thing in one sitting, or I can read one at a time. The book just flows.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LockeTreaty
Member # 5627

- posted      Profile for LockeTreaty   Email LockeTreaty         Edit/Delete Post 
Currently I have just finished all of the Enderverse books again, and I find that college leaves me with some spare time. My problem is that after reading many of OSC essays I find that I fear the unknown, in the aspect that I'm cautious about reading other writings by OSC, because they could leave me with a repeat distaste.
So as not to obtain that impression again, I was wondering what books you would suggest that are similar to the Ender series. To put it bluntly a series without a lot of personal politics involved. Thank you for all potential suggestions. [Smile]

Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeker
Member # 4608

- posted      Profile for TheSeeker   Email TheSeeker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I would say that Earthborn is on my nightstand, but one I don't have a nightstand and two, I carry the book around with me in my car so if I get a spare 30 seconds, at a train or something, I can read. But other then that I have been so busy lately, I have been reading Earthborn for about a week now [Frown]
Posts: 58 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting for Crystal City. Now that Walking on Water is finished and I don't have a fix every few days I'll probably reread the rest of the series just to get me back up to date.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elsimer
Member # 5889

- posted      Profile for elsimer   Email elsimer         Edit/Delete Post 
currently reading Crystal City (advanced proof). I was a little worried about the fact that it was available before the release date, so I wrote an email to Tor. Never received a response so I guess they don't mind.

Crystal City listing

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Prentice Alvin! [Big Grin]

Edited for my own carelessness [Wink]

[ November 08, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

CaliphAlai
Member # 5915

- posted      Profile for CaliphAlai   Email CaliphAlai         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaker for the Dead ... took me a while to get into it, but its good now!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseidon
Member # 5862

- posted      Profile for Poseidon   Email Poseidon         Edit/Delete Post 
i FINALLY got the Crystal City-- 5 days after it came out. aggg, the abuse!!! anyway. i'm on page 232 and its pretty good so far. yay. [Evil] i stayed up really late last night reading that and my damned confusing science magazines so now i'm pooped. [Sleep] [Roll Eyes]

[ November 15, 2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Poseidon ]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Alvin Journeyman! [Big Grin]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow Puppets, then I'm planning on rereading the Alvin series before friday, when I'll go to the signing [Big Grin] and buy Crystal City.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

HEARTFIRE! I've got to finish it by tomorrow so I can start to read Crystal City!!
LockeTreaty
Member # 5627

- posted      Profile for LockeTreaty   Email LockeTreaty         Edit/Delete Post 
The Investment Counselor from First Meetings. Can't get enough of the super-being Jane. Especially when they can do what she did with Ender's taxes. [Smile]
Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.