FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » To: Jane´s father from ender

Author Topic: To: Jane´s father from ender
Starman
Member # 5577

- posted      Profile for Starman   Email Starman         Edit/Delete Post 
Many stories haven´t end. Why they haven´t? If story end when (Bean?) rescue his friend and his enemy live, what is it (at,a,per,behind or other preposition) end?

This is end on middle story..

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly are you asking? I'm not sure that I understand. Are you asking why the books leave you hanging? Well, if so, I'm sure that it's to make you read the ensuing book in the series...Is that what you're asking?
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starman
Member # 5577

My english isn´t good. I have only teoretic experience. [Frown]
That it is what I would say..
You don´t read Ender´s serie when the books end any story?
About Xenocide and Children of the Mind.. I thing that was only one book.
(Stephan King has fat books very frequently) [Cool]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Starman is my new favorite poster. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nessa Nu
Member # 5471

- posted      Profile for Nessa Nu   Email Nessa Nu         Edit/Delete Post 
Which books did you read so far, Starman? Ender's Game, for example, is finished in itself, don't you think? As for the other books, well, you are right that you *need* to buy the rest of the series if you want to know how it goes on. The same goes for other OSC series, I think. I can only speak for the Homecoming series, though, I don't know the Alvin maker books so far...
p.s.: and where do you come from if I may ask?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Starman is from the Czech Republic. I ran into him in the parachat yesterday, and I directed him to the forums.

Starman - Shadow of the Hegemon isn't the last of the books. The most recent probably hasn't been translated into your language yet. The next after Shadow of the Hegemon is Shadow Puppets, and soon to come out in english is Shadow of the Giant.

So, it doesn't end in the middle of the story. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
In the meantime, why don't you read a wonderful saga that has been translated to your language?

http://www.sapkowski.cz/

Ah, I get such a kick out of advertising my favourite writer to someone who can read him [Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starman
Member # 5577

Yes ender´s game has end. But Children of Mind isn´t ending.
Characters met any (out earthmen???) and what now?
Main Character died and make Two new other ones.
Is this end or no?
2:Kama Thanks to address (is TO good preposition?)

Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you want to say thanks FOR the address.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a second, Card isn't your favorite author Kama?!? Evil, I tell you, pure evil!

Starman welcome to Hatrack. Also, after Shadow of the Giant, I believe OSC is going to write another book that will connect Children of the Mind to Shadow of the Giant. [Smile] Have no fear, there will be more!

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Er.... ummmm.... should I change it to my favourite Polish author, then? [Wink]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
Children of the Mind does leave you hanging a little but from what I've read here (If I understand correctly)after the next shadow series book there is a book planned to link the Shadow series with the Speaker for the Dead series which will hopefully give a good ending to both series that doesn't leave you hanging. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Lítost jenž já nerozuměl. Já dovídat se nyní. Ten libreto po Temno od ten Hegemon je Temno Loutkas. Orson Scott Card je psaní libreto jejichž jméno je Temno od ten Obr který může být ten série od Temno Loutkas. Orson Scott Card je můj autor favorit. Je můj gramatika dobrá?
[Smile]

"Zmínit se o, ten vrata od ten nepřátelský je zabít"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starman
Member # 5577

Yeach fuj, You Write english please!
Translator is only for translate word, not sentensis. But I understand. [Grumble]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. But keep in mind that Shadow of the Giant won't even come out in America for a few years, OSC hasn't started writing it yet. It will be a long time before a book linking Children of the Mind with the end of the Shadow series, so don't hold your breath.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

sorry, Starman. I will remember this is the future. I can see, though, that ryuko takes pleasure in my embarrasment... [Big Grin] I am much more fluent (as I'm sure you tell [Blushing] [Blushing] [Blushing] ) in Spanish, English, and know a bit in others.
[Smile]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Random question:

Starman, where did you get your screen name?

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Not that I have any right to say this b/c you were directing the question at starman, but I would guess that it has something to do with the space travel in EG (or SFTD/Xenocide/COTM). Is that right, starman?
[Smile]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious...there is a video game with a character called "Starman" but they may not even have that where Starman is from.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starman
Member # 5577

PSI: if thought what mean To: Jane´s father from ender that:
Who is Jane? PI(počitačová inteligence)
alias CI (computer inteligent), but not AI
She was born as child queen, but who was his father? Ender? Why be ender wrote ender? Not
Target human isn´t ender. Who may be Jane´sfather too?
Only OSC. He is (spiritual? mind?) father.

What that mean?
Character speak to his creator and god.

Is there as mesage from Petra to Bean? [Smile] [Evil]

wieczorek
Member # 5565

That was humorous, PSI. When you said, "...they might not even have starman where Starman comes from", I know that you meant "starman (the character) where Starman (the person on hatrack) comes from", but it was still funny. It sounds like one of those philosophy questions.
[Smile]

Starman
Member # 5577

Where I can see that videogame?

Number of Starmen is as Stars on the sky. [Dont Know]

wieczorek
Member # 5565

To Starman: přezdívat komu je Starman ve internetový. kde jste to četl? lituji. Ja slabý česky.

This is what PSI was asking. I am curious, as well.
[Smile]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

This is a link to the website for EarthBound .

The Starmen are the bad guys. (I just asked because my name comes from the game too.)

Starman
Member # 5577

You ask me on my nickname. Why you ask downright?
[Smile]
Screen is glass in monitor..
It was name of superheroes if I devise many years ago.
It was better cousin T1000 from Terminator2. He can destroy that girl from Terminator3 very easy because he havent solid frame and can communicate
with big computer on something planet..

You ask.. [Evil]

PS: I will probably write "True story from Terminator 3" That old scrap iron cant chance kill that girl..
He say: "She is stronger,clever, and more immunity" (or something else)
But we see: he was clever and moore immunity.
She cant survive shot from her weapon and her weapon was destroyed very easy.

If she vas clever, then she use some rocket or explosives..

wieczorek
Member # 5565

LOL - Sorry if I asked too downright. [Big Grin] I haven't seen Terminator 3 yet, so I can't tell you what I think about it, but I would if I had...
[Smile]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I love you, Starman. Don't ever change. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.