FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » A Keeper of the Home

Author Topic: A Keeper of the Home
greensong Rose
Member # 5590

- posted      Profile for greensong Rose   Email greensong Rose         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if someone here might know what "A Keeper of the Home" means. OSC signed my Heartfire book with that saying, and I thought maybe Heartfire would explain it, but I'm just about done with it and I still don't know what it means.
I got it signed at the release of "Shaddow Puppets", does it relate to that book? Figured someone here might know...
Thank ya!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Look closer.

It says, "A Keeper of the Flame."

Sorry. I was reading over your shoulder.

Doc

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC has certain catch-phrases he often uses when signing each book. "Keeper of the Flame" is one for Heartfire.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greensong Rose
Member # 5590

- posted      Profile for greensong Rose   Email greensong Rose         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooohhhh. Right. My bad. It really does look like Keeper of the Home, though. Hm, don't I feel smart? [Wall Bash]

Well, when I got that book signed, my mother was gone taking care of my grandma, so I was feeling like the woman of the house, the responsible one...a keeper of the home... I guess my brain just kinda implied it in there. [Big Grin]

Right then, thanks!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Lousy Tom, spoiling my shot at looking
omnipotent . . . [Grumble]

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mankind
Member # 2672

- posted      Profile for Mankind   Email Mankind         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you mean omniscient.
Posts: 75 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

I knew that.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.