FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Is there a reason that OSC doesn't come to utah anymore?

Author Topic: Is there a reason that OSC doesn't come to utah anymore?
borr04
Member # 733

- posted      Profile for borr04   Email borr04         Edit/Delete Post 
topic
Posts: 86 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
It's because he's scared of all those crazy Mormon folk. [Evil Laugh] [Wink]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
hummm . . . He comes all the time. They are just usually private rather than public events.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. Card, you made the Out of Context thread.

[ October 20, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
kat, you are so wicked!

Anyway, I was a little upset that he wasn't coming to Utah either. I knew living in Arkansas there was little to no chance of him coming and thought my chances were a lot better at the Y. I got mucho jealousy over Jon Boy and hansenj talking about his previous lecture at Y shindig v2.0 last Friday.

And OSC's certainly allowed to make private visits to Utah whenever he wants... [Big Grin]

[ October 20, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah or Indiana. Just think Kristine, you could sleep in the fold-out futon under my loft in a room that's 8.5'x15' with my drunken roomate. I don't see how you could possibly have not taken me up on this earlier!

Ohh wait, maybe I do...

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
How big is the room without the roommate? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
[Laugh] rivka's joke

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LockeTreaty
Member # 5627

- posted      Profile for LockeTreaty   Email LockeTreaty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbs is right, you can't forget about the Hoosiers. We need something to interrupt our Euchre games.

[ October 21, 2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: LockeTreaty ]

Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Hmm, about one night's worth of stench smaller?

Really though, this state lacks in Kristine and OSC goodness. I think it needs to be rectified.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xodarap
Member # 5821

- posted      Profile for Xodarap   Email Xodarap         Edit/Delete Post 
I only got to see OSC once...but it was worth it [Smile]
Stll fresh in my mind too.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, you could be one of those new Girl Scouts after that post.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is there a reason that OSC doesn't come to utah anymore?
Evidence that you should not post while high.

What about "Life, the Universe, and Everything?"

I think OSC's been to Utah at least a couple of times since the last time he came to Florida.

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's my third year at BYU and OSC has come both of my previous years. Last year was that "Life, Universe, and Everything" thing, and the year before was a signing of Rebekah. I was beginning to think it would be a yearly visit. [Frown] [Wink]

(I was rather confused at the fact that he wasn't coming here for the Alvin Maker tour...)

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Hobbes, I'm not at all sure OSC even knows Indiana exists. Not that I blame him, if I didn't live here I wouldn't know it existed either. But I mean, we have IU, he could come to IU and give lectures, it would be cool, really.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, if Rachel and Leah is due in the spring, I hope we get to see him then [Big Grin]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Blacwolve,

We actually lived in Indiana -- South Bend to be exact -- from 1981-1983. I still miss it in the fall. Noplace on earth has "crisp crunchy air" quite like Indiana in autumn.

Kristine

[ October 28, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: kacard ]

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Really? My whole extended family lives in South Bend. That's so cool! [Smile]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

- posted      Profile for roxy   Email roxy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well ...
I've lived in Utah my whole (short) life, and I've never seen him! I, too, was wondering why we aren't on his tour for Alvin Maker ...

Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

I also think it warrants a visit. [Wink]
Hobbes
Member # 433

Really Kristine, South Bend? I always assumed you guys lived in Vigor Church. [Dont Know]

[Wink] [Razz] [Wink] [Wave]

Hobbes [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

I am NOT wicked. I had nothing to do with the posting in the thread. I just thought I'd let Mrs. Card know she was so loved, she's even part of the in-jokes in the community. *sniff*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be I and the un-named person who tipped me off that'd be the the wicked ones.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It's no good protecting Ralphie like that. She made it a bumper sticker.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tempted, actually.

(btw - Hey, Tristan. [Smile] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X12
Member # 5867

- posted      Profile for X12   Email X12         Edit/Delete Post 
42 42 42

Who has ever heard of this Utah?
Is it some sort of forien planet?
Oh, the wonders...

Posts: 100 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prevail
Member # 5878

- posted      Profile for Prevail   Email Prevail         Edit/Delete Post 
tehehe good one X12
thats sarcasm folks

[ November 05, 2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Prevail ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X12
Member # 5867

- posted      Profile for X12   Email X12         Edit/Delete Post 
I pride myself. TY. But really, he should make nice public tours to all the continental states every couple of years. Hey, i dont think you'll care if he comes to Salt Lake city, will you (famous people only like to visit majoristic cities and stuff like that [Smile] )?
Posts: 100 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazer
Member # 192

- posted      Profile for Mazer   Email Mazer         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Utah between Saturn and Neptune?
Posts: 186 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's Idaho. Utah is a little further out.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be great if he took a tour to all the states, but I think he may have, you know, a life.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Frisco, are you calling me fat?

Hobbes [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.