FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » So, Troy is coming out next May... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, Troy is coming out next May...
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
... so maybe there's a chance Wolfgang Peterson will decide to do Ender's Game next!

Or maybe not.... [Dont Know]

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hoping!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as I saw the preview for Troy, at the matrix showing... my first thought was, get this out of the way, so we can get Ender's Game going! but... we'll see.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't he doing Batman vs. Superman first? It's been SO LONG since we've had a thread about this (it actually has!) that I don't remember.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that works out well after the next election [Roll Eyes] .

But I do seem to remember that from somewhere. Though it's only fair to warn that you yourself may have been the source.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

I know I read somewhere that Batman vs. Superman got the axe. It might have been AICN but I'm not sure. I'm off to google and I'll be back if I find our more.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

check these sites

site 1

site 2

Don't know how reliable they are but we can all hope they are true.

pooka
Member # 5003

I was interested to see the Troy Trailer

Oh, and I think if EG has a final script first they might move ahead with it, but we'll see. After all , there are the many production obstacles such as child actors.

[ November 14, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseidon
Member # 5862

- posted      Profile for Poseidon   Email Poseidon         Edit/Delete Post 
am i the only one here who thinks that Orlando Bloom is defaintly NOT a good enough actor for Paris? [Wall Bash] stupid stupid casting people
Posts: 43 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
wellll, seeing how as I haven't heard of him...
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty boy Legolas. Not sure as to his acting ability, (haven't really seen him enough) but already he seems to be typecast into large scale escapest movies.

We'll see.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alai
Member # 1663

- posted      Profile for Alai   Email Alai         Edit/Delete Post 
Batman vs. Superman won't happen and IF it does it won't happen until both new movies come out (which is still several years away).

As for Orlando Bloom playing him... How do you know he's not a good enough actor? You shouldn't complain about his performance until AFTER you've seen him play the role.

I for one believe Ender's Game will begin production in the first half of 2004. Either Peterson will be directing it or not. If Troy is a huge flop look for OSC and Warner Bros to find another director, however if it is a huge success and the Ender's Game script is READY (that will be huge) then I foresee that being Peterson's next project.

But many things still have to line up for that to happen.

Posts: 872 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseidon
Member # 5862

well i've seen him in Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the carribbean, and based on his past performances, that's just my opinion. maybe i stated it wrong: i don't think Bloom is a good enough actor for Paris. also, even if he was an amazing actor, i never have pictured Paris looking anything like the pics i have seen of Bloom in Troy.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I think that next to Eric Bana, Bloom does look like a fop. But I always thought of Paris as kind of a twit anyway. I have a hard time seeing Brad Pitt as Achilles, but maybe it won't be so bad. They have five months to work on stuff, like that visual of the Greek Armada. The first view was impressive, and the final view, but in between looked very CG.

Here's the funny thing, I never read the Illiad even though I studied Greek mythology a LOT in high school. Maybe I'll check it out. I read the Odyssey many times. But I've lost a lot of it over the years.

Brenuine
Member # 5891

- posted      Profile for Brenuine   Email Brenuine         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it seem to anyone else that in all the photos Brad Pitt looks like he's about to cry. If that is how he's going to portray Achilles I am very nervous about seeing it. But I'm sure thats not going to stop me. I think Orlando Bloom is a fair enough actor, and I agree that Paris' character is a bit of a wuss.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseidon
Member # 5862

yeah i agree with that. maybe a good actor for Paris would be one thats not a good actor. ha. or maybe i could just trample Troy to the ground a be done with it. [Taunt]
pooka
Member # 5003

Peterson's movie not a Bush pleaser

I hope he and OSC will be able to get along. Of course, this was an interview for the German Press. I'm not suggesting that Peterson actually does like Bush, just that his remarks are being interpreted by an apparently anti-Bush paper. Obviously the story of EG is not one of black and white morality either.

Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
He seems to be a rather hit and miss director. He can be brilliant and bland; although that might have to do as much with the scripts and stories as his directorial abilities.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

So, at last night's signing, OSC said that Wolfgang Peterson is still 'it.' He said that he(OSC) had combined the stories of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow for a really great script (that he said didn't work until after he started working the Shadow part of it in). He also said that now they're probably going to send rewriters in etc. So nothing can happen yet because the script isn't ready. He also mentioned 'the possibility' of Peterson doing another movie before he took on Ender's Game.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
*is jealous that Narnia got to go to a signing*

(psst! Narnia, I don't want to hijack another thread, but I just wanted to let you know that I read Wyrms, so whenever you finish it we can start a thread of our own (I know, imagine that! [Wink] ) to talk about it.)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[aside to jen] I am totally with you. Give me three weeks and I'll be free and have it done. Then it's discussions galore!! You and me have to find a mutual signing...or another excuse to hang out. [Wink] [/aside to jen] [Smile]
pooka
Member # 5003

Time's a wastin'. Somebody better get on the stick. My mom used to say both of those things, but I've never heard them on Hatrack. I wonder if that's why I'm a procrastinator.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Well, at least we know it's going to be in color! [Smile]
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Two posts in this thread in the past month in a half. Anyone got any new news?
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I don't think there would be a decision until Troy is finished. Though I think I am ready to shift my anticipation to that after the letdown of ROTK.
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed
Member # 6061

- posted      Profile for HeWhoMustNotBeNamed   Email HeWhoMustNotBeNamed         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all! i actually don't have any news to add. Sorry. [Wall Bash] But, I was just curious what pooka found so disappointing about ROTK. I wasn't that impressed either, but I can't quite put my finger on why. I don't know, maybe I was just in a bad mood. But, I saw the first two around 7 or 8 times each, but I have been able to get myself to see this one a second time. Who knows?, maybe I'm just maturing...ok, probably not.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone other than me really, really worried about the effect horrendous child actors are going to have on a story which is SO incredibly good but requires twenty or so decent child actors ? (at LEAST decent; Ender is a more complicated character than, say Annikin (sp.) Skywalker)

Any info on casting?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

At the last signing, OSC said that they wouldn't even think of casting until the script was completely ready. So far it's not and the director's not free. I think it's one of the last things they'll do because they can't have the kid aging too much by the time the movie actually gets filmed.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found that my expectations for a film have a huge bearing on how much I enjoy it. I looked forward to the Star Wars films for years, and was dissapointed. As a result, I didn't expect too much from Fellowship, but I loved it. I went into TTT with high hopes, and was dissapointed. I wasn't expecting too much of RTK, and I found it to be my favorite of the three.

I guess what I need is for the studios to make really bad previews so I'll think the movies will be horrible, and then get friends to force me to watch. [Wink]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

[ROFL]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tonatiuh
Member # 6052

- posted      Profile for Tonatiuh   Email Tonatiuh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey he who must not be named maybe you didnt enjoy rotk because its for hours long when went to it I got a big headache from staring at that screen for so long but I still thought was great but there is such a sense of finality at the end it doesnt make me want to see it again.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Not to be a grammer nazi, but could you use a little punctuation please? It gives me a bit of a headache to try to read that post.
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed
Member # 6061

- posted      Profile for HeWhoMustNotBeNamed   Email HeWhoMustNotBeNamed         Edit/Delete Post 
That's probably why, thanks. I thought about that, too, and now it seems like it makes enough sense to go on the truth shelf.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTK is about the same length as the other two. Personally, ROTK is my favorite, I think it's twice as good as the other two combined.

Of course, the freaking HOUR LONG battle in TTT really annoyed me, especially as it's only about a chapter in the book.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

It's not that I didn't like it, but nothing could have lived up to the anticipation. Though the :fade to black: :fade to black: :fade to white for a change: :fade to black: made me want to applaud when the credits finally did roll. I found it completely unneccesary and intrusive, like when the bad guy got blown up in "Hulk". But they didn't blow him up, they had a frozen cutout of him backed by a fiery explosion.

I think Andy Serkis will be acting CGI for all the child cast members. They are putting off production until the program for gooseflesh gets perfected. [Wink]

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
"The enemy's gate is downwards, precious, yes, downwards it is."

[Wink]

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I had heard that he was planning on doing Enders Game, I hope they don't destroy it, as could so easily happen. *Bites Nails*
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarecrow
Member # 6109

- posted      Profile for Scarecrow   Email Scarecrow         Edit/Delete Post 
sadly it doesn't take much to kill a movie, before or after it is made. we can hope tho. its a good solid story, audiences will lap it up.
i made the mistake of going to a LOTR marathon - 10 hrs!!!lotsa coke was drunk!!! never again!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

It will be good. Repeat after me: "It will be good." All we have to do is keep saying that and nothing bad will happen. [Smile]
It will be good.
It will be good.
It will be good.
It will be good.
It will be good.

lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew Troy in college. Guess this explains why he was so unlucky with girls.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseidon
Member # 5862

i don't see why everyone's so worried about child actors. theres plenty of good movies out there with good child actors in them. even if those kids are grown up by now.
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

Such as?

(I'm not arguing, I'm curious. I can't think of any that are more recent than Sixth Sense)

pooka
Member # 5003

Icarus: [ROFL]

I'm Troy McClure...

"gay! if only it were that easy!"

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i don't see why everyone's so worried about child actors. theres plenty of good movies out there with good child actors in them. even if those kids are grown up by now.
I think that the worry is that most people disagree with that statement. Or at least we disagree that there are plenty of movies out there with good performances from child actors.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the main worry is over the number of good child actors needed. When was the last time that you remember there being a dozen good child actors at once?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Have they still not figured out how to make good child actors? Can't there be some kind of method of identifying and training them? You know, like Battle school. But Oscar school. [Wink]
lcarus
Member # 4395

[Big Grin]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camber
Member # 6154

- posted      Profile for Camber   Email Camber         Edit/Delete Post 
The Little Princess had some good child actors in it. Liesel Matthews/Pritzel did a very good job. Of course, she's about to turn 20 now, but she was 10 or 11 when it was made.
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Rumor
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

It's so creepy how that guy keeps moving his head after he's done talking!

[Angst]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.