FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Children of the Mind and some other stuff.....

Author Topic: Children of the Mind and some other stuff.....
hiro1000
Member # 6905

- posted      Profile for hiro1000   Email hiro1000         Edit/Delete Post 
Well my thoughts on the books of the series, Ender's Game to Children of the mind, i liked all of them, especially Xenocide, for its length. I finished Speaker for the Dead in 1 night.

Anyway, When I finished Children of the Mind, I felt like the series is not finished, like the second Matrix movie. Many thing unanswered, Descoladaors (I think that’s the spelling?), i hope that Orson Scott Card, writes another book as a sequel. I have just started the "Shadow" series, pretty interesting so far.

Card is a fantastic writer. His books are never boring at any point, unlike most English Literature today, and European Literature of the past. I hope as well I will be able to see the movie, when ever it comes out. I think some of the characters are "outdated". I still think Sean Conary (spelling again...) is fine. But Haily Jole Osman (spelling yet again...) is too old to play Ender.

Those are just some of my thoughts. More, later about the whole space time idea.

[ September 29, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: hiro1000 ]

Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. I'm not always good about this myself, but sometimes it's good to put a spoiler warning if you want to talk about the end of a book.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

sorry, i am not used to forums like these, used to tech forums. [Smile]

thanks

though there are not that many people..... sadly....

Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Were you saying that there arn't many people on Hatrack? If so, you are terribly mistaken. This is only one half of the main forum here on Hatrack. there is another section called Books, Films, Food and American Culture where there are plenty of topics to discuss. [Smile]

In answer to your questions:

If any of this is wrong, I'd appreciate being told so.

Yes, there will be another book in the series. First, OSC will be writing Shadow of the Giant, which will finish up the Bean Saga. The next book in the Ender Saga is unnamed so far. It will tie the two sagas together. Rumor has it that Bean's kids (or something of the sort) will meet up with the characters of COTM to put the smack down on the Descoladores.

[ September 30, 2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

WEll i still have to read ze Bean saga, it will take me a while like 2 weeks at the most.
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyway, When I finished Children of the Mind, I felt like the series is not finished, like the second Matrix movie. <

More like the THIRD Matrix movie, imo. With Children, we're given an "ending" of sorts, ditto with Matrix Revolutions..but it wasn't exactly the ending we should have gotten...

TONS of unanswered questions with Matrix 3. It was a disappointment really. Good fights, very epic..but...where's the ending? What about the heroes true misson? *sigh*

>Many thing unanswered, Descoladaors (I think that’s the spelling?), i hope that Orson Scott Card, writes another book as a sequel. I have just started the "Shadow" series, pretty interesting so far. <

Ya, like another poster said, Orson is supposed to write a book that ties the Ender series and the Bean series together.

Personally, I liked Speaker and Xenocide the best. Really good books there. Children was a bit of a disappointment, cause I didn't like at all what happened to Ender, plus like you said..there were alot of unanswered questions. Though, I guess, mainly for me it was that I didn't like what happened to Ender.

Hopefully the book that ties both series together will answer all the questions and maybe do something with Ender..

Anyway, I haven't read the Shadow series yet.

I had my library order the first two books from another library...so I should get those two by Monday I hope! Then I'll start reading Ender's Shadow and then Shadow of the Hegemon. If I like them, I'll read Shadow Puppets and then I'll look forward to Shadow of the Giant next year! Boy I hope I like the Shadow series!

But I'm definitly going to read the 'Ender/Shadow' book no matter. I do want to see what happens next.

DF2506
" Now if only they'd make another Matrix movie so that they could finally give us an end to that series! *sigh* "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

I found it cool and sad, that i found ender's shadow for 9 dollars, and then I saw Shadow Puppets for $5.99 hardcover. I was like AWSOME, and then I thought, not mucho money go towards OSC.
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, OSC will be rolling in dough when the movie comes out. [Wink]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.