FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What's next for OSC?

Author Topic: What's next for OSC?
Ayren
Member # 7317

- posted      Profile for Ayren   Email Ayren         Edit/Delete Post 
With the completion of Shadow of the Giant marks the end of the shadow series and unless OSC chooses to do the book that would tie the Shadow series and the Ender Quartet together or another book like First Meetings SotG will be the last book in the Enderverse or for that matter the Beanderverse as MidnightBlue put it. Anyway with those series completed the only book left that I know of in a major series of his is Master Alvin. So what does everybody think is next for Card? I would love it if he decided to write another series but it's possible that he'd be to wrapped up in other things among them being the movie. What does everybody think?
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Magic Street is due out this fall. He also plans a fourth book in the Women of Gensis series called The Wives of Isreal I believe. He then will be able to get to the two I have been looking forward to for years and that is the next two Pastwatch books.

Then he can take a breather. [Smile]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Nonono!! Then he and kathy have to sit down and finish Mayflower!! I want those!! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
If it were up to me OSC would be chained to his desk working on the linking novel and doing everything in his power to get the Ender's Game movie made. [Smile]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still pushing for a Beanderverse book! [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheClone
Member # 6141

- posted      Profile for TheClone   Email TheClone         Edit/Delete Post 
Pastwatch Screenplay.

Pretty please?

Well, actually thinking about it, Pastwatch would have to be slaughtered fairly heavily to ever make it into theaters, a Muslim blowing up the ships would probably offend a large group a people. :-/

And then there's that whole thing with the needles and the eerghh.

Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I’d hope there would be some “Peter Jackson” liberties taken with those scenes!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to Shadow of the Giant in March alot!

After that, I hope OSC does a Ender/Shadow book! I think that would be VERY cool. I also hope he gets to do that Mazer book!

I'm also looking forward to OSC's Ultimate Iron Man this year! That should be awesome. Hopefully it'll lead to him doing some other comic books too!

Oh and I can't wait till the Advent Children game comes out! That looks really cool! I think I heard OSC is supposed to write books based on Advent Children too! [Smile]

Oh and I'm definitly looking forward to the last Alvin Maker book!!

DF2506
" Hopefully after he finally gets down with Ender & Shadow & Alvin he'll come up with some other cool on-going series! Though I am going to miss reading the Ender, Shadow, and Alvin books. They are some of the best books I've read! "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjmelberg
Member # 7099

- posted      Profile for jjmelberg   Email jjmelberg         Edit/Delete Post 
i'de like to see some sort of autobiography simular to nicholas spark's "three weeks with my brother". i know it may be sacralige to comapre the two authors, but its just the genre that i was thinking about.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it'd be great if he did more standalone novels. Don't get mere wrong I like his series and all (btw the plural form of series is series) but it's so frustrating waiting for the next novel in a series because he's doing so many different series at once.

STOP THE MADNESS! I'm hibernating 'till March . . . [Sleep]

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
ADVENT CHILDREN?! Are you talking bout' the FF7 Movie?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
What I would honestly like to see is a book after Children of the Mind, where we get to learn more about the Descaloda (sp?) virus makers and how Peter is able to gain control of the Starways Congress. Hopefully though, he will be able to end the book without raising a ton of additional questions which beg another book.

Something else that I would love, is a sequel to Treason, where the inhabitants are able to leave Treason and rejoin the rest of humanity. (Of course, I think this is more of a pipe dream than anything else...)

Jesse

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he needs to slow down. I don't have time to read every book of his I want to read.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the time. I spend about 4-5 hours a day playing on my new computer so of course I have the time.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
ADVENT CHILDREN?! Are you talking bout' the FF7 Movie? >

*hits self on the head* LOL!

I meant Advent RISING. [Dont Know]

All these Advents running around...so hard to keep track...... LOL!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to OSC's game Advent Rising!

DF2506
" Er..I'm pretty sure thats the name anyway? Right? "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think he needs to slow down. I don't have time to read every book of his I want to read.
You've got the rest of your life to enjoy those.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.