FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » How old were you..... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How old were you.....
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I was 11 when I read Enders Game. I didnt like it at first, but then I had to read it again for school last year, and I loved it!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was 16 when I first read Ender's game. A friend of mine was reading a tatered, aged hardcover of Xenocide in homeroom. The book looked like the epitome of bad eighties sci-fi (can someone EXPLAIN the covers to me). But there was something about the way that she said the book was amazing that made me remember the title and author in the school library that day. Even though I never read them all, I was never satisfied if I couldn't find at least three books to take home with me. I hunted down Xenocide and discovered it was the third in a trilogy; Ender's Game was there, so I took that instead. The rest is history. That was two and a half years ago.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
10 for me... Ah fifth grade... Fun year! Though, perhaps reading it at that young and reading what Peter was talking about wasn't so good for me... Kinda... changed a few things, what with my plans for world domination from 5th-7th grade... heheh.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that so many of you read Ender's Game at such a young and tender age. I started reading it to my sixth graders once and found that I couldn't.
I actually read Seventh Son, etc. first. Then a friend told me that her husband really liked Ender's Game, but told her she probably wouldn't like it. I thought I'd give it a try and it instantly became my favorite book of all time. I started trying to get everyone I know to read it. I was in my 30's.

Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamsfrood42
Member # 7464

- posted      Profile for adamsfrood42   Email adamsfrood42         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in 8th grade. My teachers used to call me quote-unquote "gifted," but I can't imagine what they'd say if they found some of you guys, reading EG at SEVEN...

Anyway, you asked exact age. It was right at the beginning of the school year, so I had either just turned 14 or it was a few weeks before my 14th birthday...I read it in 2 days [Big Grin]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.