FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » I never really introduced myself...

Author Topic: I never really introduced myself...
HatrackR006
Member # 7262

- posted      Profile for HatrackR006   Email HatrackR006         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, i never really introduced myself on here, only on the forum about new members post here, but i dont htink i woudl ahve gotten much response there i was liek th elast person to sign there lol...Well i'm 15. from long island, NY.. i got into OSC in my science fiction class last year in school, we read enders game and i loved it...after that i got the alvin series, i finished that and now im in earthfall in homecoming, it's greta stuff, i plan on reading alomst all of his stuff..so just wanted to introdice ,myseld and stuff... so hey
[Smile]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alix
Member # 7287

- posted      Profile for Alix   Email Alix         Edit/Delete Post 
They actually have a science fiction class in school? If only I had a class like that back when I was in school. I love Orson Scott Card's books and writings. Welcome! [Wave]
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HatrackR006
Member # 7262

- posted      Profile for HatrackR006   Email HatrackR006         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
A Science Fiction class in school... If only they had that at my school. Bliss and Happiness. Happiness and Bliss.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HatrackR006
Member # 7262

yea it was cool..we read a lot fo cool short stories watched some movies like Minority Report, Pitch Black, Dark City, and some others too it was cool. We saw some tv series liek Harsh Realm, some episodes of outer limits. But i have to say the best thing we did was read Ender's Game. It was fun, more schools should have that
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiosity, what was the point? Was it a writing class or did it tie SciFi into other modern day problems or what? All I'm saying is what was your schools reasoning for having this class in the corriculum? [Dont Know]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HatrackR006
Member # 7262

it was just an elective for people who liek science fiction...
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
My school has a mystery and science fiction class, but it's a low level class so it wouldn't look good for me to take it. Besides, I know the teacher (I had him sophomore year and I'm stuck with him again now for Creative Writing) and so I know I would have absolutely hated the class. Last week he spent at least twenty minutes teaching us how to take the sentences "I am a teacher" and "I teach at [school name deleted]" and turn them into one sentence. [Wall Bash] If you've made it through high school without knowing how to do that then there's seriously something wrong.

[/rant]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.