FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » SotG quotes?

Author Topic: SotG quotes?
Locke2525
Member # 7554

- posted      Profile for Locke2525   Email Locke2525         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember some great quotes in SotG...what are your favorites..

mine is when they talk about how "in the end the christianity had alrger army tahn the U.N."
or something of that sort

what are some good ones

Posts: 65 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily W
Member # 7504

- posted      Profile for Emily W   Email Emily W         Edit/Delete Post 
"la la la and same to you"
Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
hey! you took mine! ugh! i'll be back later
Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina
Member # 7451

- posted      Profile for Gina   Email Gina         Edit/Delete Post 
"Hear this."

It was so Dink. I think I fell in love with him then.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

ok so...
"la la la and same to you."
"hello, Mama." I cried! i loved that part

Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
Carn and Dumper's emails to each other at the beginning of chapter 17 are hilarious...
Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily W
Member # 7504

- posted      Profile for Emily W   Email Emily W         Edit/Delete Post 
I also liked when Andrew said "time." It just pulled that whole event at Petra's house together for me.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the whole Dink saying in the meeting how Graff was their buddy those were great.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

i also liked the part when bean was gonna kill volescu with one hand, and how he got petra angry.
Smasher
Member # 7640

- posted      Profile for Smasher           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm,quotes. "Re: Let's see . . . zipper . . . fly . . . pull . . .

Ouch! Ow! Oweeee!" An email by Carn.

Or when bean says, "Thanks mummy".

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
The part where Graff was explaining to the Jeesh why they had to leave Earth. Also the whole Carn Carby Bunper thing. Though nostgalically(?) the last chapter the conversation between Ender and Peter.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
endersbean3k1
Member # 7651

- posted      Profile for endersbean3k1   Email endersbean3k1         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't rememer Bean saying "Thanks mummy."... [Wall Bash] Page number?

I liked the book's last line. I have trouble retaining specific texts though, so there was probably something better than that somewhere...

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I know there were a bunch of quotes I liked, but the only one that I can recall right now is when one of the Jeesh members (Dink?) says, "We didn't invent war, we're just really good at it." That whole chapter was really good. I love how the Jeesh members have grown into cocky young adults.

[ March 27, 2005, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite part...

I enjoyed the line "take a look in the mirrior Virlomi, that is what the beginning stages of megalomania look like.." Hard to imagine an opportunity where such a line could be delivered in all seriousness with concern for the person aimed at.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Ma Wiggin being a grammar Nazi, and Bean pointing out that while English does, Common doesn't have the word "whom".
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.