FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » So I started back working at Subway.

Author Topic: So I started back working at Subway.
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
For the prestige, of course.

Anyway, while I was eating after work, an old (elderly) friend named Richard saw me reading Xenocide and said, "Reading crappy novels again?"

I said, "Huh? You haven't read it, have you?"
"No, I was just making fun."
"It's written by Orson Scott Card. Heard of him?"
"I have heard of him, I haven't read anything by him though."

Richard is one of the few, the elite, who like to read. I've let him borrow books of mine before. He still hasn't returned the 48 Laws of Power yet, the jerk! Probobly lost it.

I offered to let him borrow Ender's Game and he told me he'd be happy to get more books from me. He had just read "The Stand" and wanted a less complicated novel.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

- posted      Profile for SpEeDMaSTeR   Email SpEeDMaSTeR         Edit/Delete Post 
So you gave him Ender's Game? Nice......
Posts: 62 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bretagne
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Bretagne   Email Bretagne         Edit/Delete Post 
So are you saying that you're going to have to get yourself another copy of EG now, or do you think he'll give this one back?
Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Toasted subs are good.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
I will demand he return Ender's Game. My dad was supposed to read it but he's busy with a couple other books.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.