FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Question about EG&ES characters

Author Topic: Question about EG&ES characters
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
What is everyones Nationalities? The reason is that me and my friends play Axis and Allies and Risk alot. So when we own or get a country with a Character(for instance China is to Hot Soup). So we have fun with stuff like that.
So can someone tell me everyones Nationallities(i know i spelt it wrong).
Merci.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DemonGarik
Member # 7793

- posted      Profile for DemonGarik   Email DemonGarik         Edit/Delete Post 
Bean: Greek
Ender/Wiggin Family: American
Petra: Armenian
Carn Carby: Austrialian
Crazy Tom: English
Dink Meeker: Dutch
Ducheval/Shove: French
Vlad: Russia/Belarus
Virlomi: India
Alai: Middle east/I think at one point they mention He's from Syria specifically but I could be wrong on this one.
Suriyawong: Thailand
Ambul: Ended up in Thailand but I think he is originally Indonesian

Hope that helps!

Those are all that I can think of right now...

Posts: 84 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
In SotG didn't it say someone was living in Australia? Just wondering, maybe I'll go check...
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Never really thought about this before but I wonder if there was some kind of signifance of each Jeesh member being from a different country. Was that ever mentioned in the series? I’m not remembering…….
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Shen is Japanese.
Fly Molo is from Philippines. I think there was a mention of Dumper as a monk in the Andes in SOTG.

[ April 25, 2005, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: accio ]

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a really valuable list. THANKS!
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever happened to Fly Molo? Did he just cease to exist?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
(SotG Spoiler)

Chapter 24, SotG, Fly Molo writes to Graff about getting into the colony program because the Philippines wanted him to conquer Taiwan.

[ April 26, 2005, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: CRash ]

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiggin105
Member # 7897

- posted      Profile for wiggin105   Email wiggin105         Edit/Delete Post 
Alia happens to be African (i think). He metions to himself in SOTG that the only reason he his the Calif is cause he was in Ender's Jeesh and happens to believe in Islam.

i like these things > [Wall Bash]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiggin105
Member # 7897

- posted      Profile for wiggin105   Email wiggin105         Edit/Delete Post 
oops

ALAI

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, now when im taking over countries i can say that i now have certain characters(me and my friends are nerds like that, you guys should try the strategies that they used, its alot of fun.)
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

Thanks, now when im taking over countries i can say that i now have certain characters(me and my friends are nerds like that, you guys should try the strategies that they used, its alot of fun.)
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
carn carby was from australia
Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DemonGarik
Member # 7793

- posted      Profile for DemonGarik   Email DemonGarik         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I forgot to mention that isn't mentioned anywhere but one tiny passage:
Mazer Rackham is a half maori New Zealander

Posts: 84 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Rackham's origins have been mentioned several times, actually. But mostly in the Shadow series, I think. Didn't seem to be too much mention of his nationality in EG.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
I took the list from DemonGarik
and made some additions and corrections to help out. It is said in SotH that Bean shows signs of being BOTH greek and african. And the wiggin family is actually polish. Enjoy. [Cool]

Bean: Greek and african
Ender/Wiggin Family: polish
Petra: Armenian
Fly Molo: Philippines
Carn Carby: Austrialian
Crazy Tom: English
Han Tzu: China
Dink Meeker: Dutch
Ducheval/Shove: French
Vlad: Russia/Belarus
Virlomi: India
Alai: African
Suriyawong: Thailand
Ambul: Indonesian

Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alistair
Member # 7858

- posted      Profile for Alistair   Email Alistair         Edit/Delete Post 
If I recall correctly it was Ender's father that was Polish, but the Wiggin children were American. In Ender's Game it is specifically mentioned that Ender is American.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DemonGarik
Member # 7793

Ancestorally speaking Ender's Father is polish but the children were all born in America

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.