FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Wow

Author Topic: Wow
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading OSC's review of "Finding Neverland" my mother and I made a point to watch it in the near future. The near future happened to be last night and we both enjoyed it.

Where did they get these kids actors? They were amazing! Would it be possible to use any of these kids in the Ender's Game movie? Just a thought.

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a link on here?
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everything/2004-12-19.shtml

Uncle Orson reviews everything - Dec. 04

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alistair
Member # 7858

- posted      Profile for Alistair   Email Alistair         Edit/Delete Post 
I think OSC actually mentioned that specifically on the boards (can't recall when). The problem with using those actors is that by the time the movie actually gets made they will be much too old for the roles. Unfortunate to be sure but I do think that we can at least look at Finding Neverland and assure ourselves that it is certainly possible to find excellent child actors.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, Ender and Bean are specifically NOT English, and asking kids to "do accents" is a bit much.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
True true.

But like the other guy said it does give one hope. [Wink]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.