FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Hatack Jews - Take A Look

Author Topic: Hatack Jews - Take A Look
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to find a song or poem called "Shir La'Melech". There's a tune taken from there, but I don't know the original words...

Google says nothing.

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, by Tennyson.

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reader
Member # 3888

- posted      Profile for reader   Email reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing you're talking about "v'Ata Banim"??

Link: http://yutopia.yucs.org/chords/Yeedle_Shiru.txt

Copied and pasted:

Yeedle - Shiru Lamelech

Intro
Am
Am
Am F E Am

Part I (2x)

Am Dm Am
Ve'ata banim shiru shiru

Am Dm Am
Ve'ata banim shiru lamelech

G Dm Am Dm
Ve'ata banim shiru shiru shiru lamelech

Am G Am
Betiferet mefoar

Part II (2x)

(E)

Am G Am
Ve'ashrei avadav oy avadav

Am G C (E)
Hamashmi'im bekol shivcha

Dm Am G Am
Ve'ata banim shiru shiru shiru lamelech

Dm G Am
Shiru shiru lamelech

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
wow I was going it over in my head and sounds good.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
(Just sort of looked out of the corner of my eye)
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You'd probably get more responses on this kind of thing faster if you posted on the other side. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
shir hamalos? Never heard of a song of hamelech. So many songs you never know. (I'm Jewish)
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think reader is correct, although it's not a song I know well, by any name.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders what Hatack is*
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Sid - I'm pretty bad with notes, but I love the tune.

*Sings it - assuming "it" is the correct tune - for "Mechalkel Chayim Be'Chessed".*

Oops, KQ! I wanted to post it on Otherside(R), and got it wrong.

rivka - [sings]
I just heard it last Saturday (by name),
Though I knew the tune from long ago:
I just heard, just heard the name last Sa-a-turday,
But the tune - was so familiar!
[/sings]

I don't know what Hatack is either, kaioshin<toilet>.

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

is rivka a good singer? I know I'm a horrible one, now as for jewish songs/poems/passages in the Torah I must say I really like how its kinda songlike and I like them they all have a nice solemn toon to it.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

What do you mean, that you like the cantillation tune? If so, then you HAVE to come over hear and hear people at my synagogue read (hopfully me too).

Apparently, last time I did Hazzanut I was very successful - good choice of tunes for the congregation (apparently), and that morning I also did some reading which a different congregation liked; but the second congregation of the two (reading) won't let me do Hazzanut, nor will the first one (except for "Teen Shabatot").

And it's just their "policy", despite the fact that both are theoretically "pluralist". *Groan*, and forget kids at my school, they're a hopless case - try a single new une at Hallel and they're off with a different one.

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

heh too bad I live in the middle of nowhere.
eyetell
Member # 8229

- posted      Profile for eyetell   Email eyetell         Edit/Delete Post 
Which brings up the question of the location of the fanbase.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.