FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Book Signing Tour

Author Topic: Book Signing Tour
Blackthorne
Member # 8295

- posted      Profile for Blackthorne   Email Blackthorne         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I noticed that OSC was visiting Farmington, Utah on August 17. I am excited to see him in person, and I was wondering why exactly he chose Farmington. It's a great town and all (Lagoon excluding), but I thought it was interesting that he chose such a small town over much larger cities (I believe someone mentioned wanting him to come to their city in another topic).

Anyway, I created this for the book tour in general, soooo...um...post here...if you want to...um...discuss it.

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qrios
Member # 5259

- posted      Profile for Qrios   Email Qrios         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish he was coming to Phoenix. . . Whahhhh.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roseauthor
Member # 148

- posted      Profile for Roseauthor   Email Roseauthor         Edit/Delete Post 
I just decided that Card HATES Texas!!!!

I was blessed that I had a friend who went the distance (about 5/6 years ago) after I moved to Colorado FROM Texas, and I was able to talk to OSC on the phone when he finally DID come to Texas.

I moved from Colorado BACK to Texas.. and he showed up about 1.2 miles from where I lived in Colorado... AFTER I MOVED!!!!!

I've been back in Texas for 5 years.. and he doesn't come here. I would lay bets that if I moved to some remote town in Kansas.. he'd arrive there after I moved!!!!!

OK.. I'll stop whining!

Nonetheless, he was gracious on the phone when I did have the chance to talk to him long distance!

Posts: 163 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, just wondering who else is going to the one in San Diego....It would be fun to meet some Hatrackers in person [Smile]
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I'd known he was in Colorado. When was that? I've lived here since '95, in Aurora and Colorado Springs, and I don't remember hearing about that.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rackham
Member # 8127

- posted      Profile for Rackham   Email Rackham         Edit/Delete Post 
cant wait for the 12th!! ill be at the huntington beach signing. just in time for my new 1st ed. copy of enders shadow.
Posts: 62 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rackham
Member # 8127

- posted      Profile for Rackham   Email Rackham         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

nobody else going?

Posts: 62 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LB Bry
Member # 8309

- posted      Profile for LB Bry   Email LB Bry         Edit/Delete Post 
i am planning on driving to hunington beach on the 12th from NorCal. I also just got a 1st edition of ender's shadow, hoping to have a 1st of xenocide by that time too. I cant wait!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dog Walker
Member # 8301

- posted      Profile for Dog Walker           Edit/Delete Post 
"I just decided that Card HATES Texas!!!" - Roseauthor

I would have to agree. I just moved here from Ohio where he happens to be making 2 stops!!! Talk about bad luck.

Mr. Card if you're reading this know you have fans in Texas. Come 2 Dallas!!!

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.