FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Hug Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC Hug Thread
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Chris -- with your stance in that photo - of course he didn't put his arm around you! Those folded arms just say "don't touch me!" all over the place!

[Smile]

angio -- can you shorten the link (since it doesn't seem to work anyway) so it doesn't mess up the thread size please?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dab
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for dab   Email dab         Edit/Delete Post 
For me the worst thing as a child was when my aunts and grandmother would try to kiss me goodbye. slobber on the face as a kid is terrible.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think OSC hates me....... [Cry]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
you think everyone hates you.

::: gives Steve a nuggie to make him feel better.:::

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*

Everyone thinks OSC hates them.

(Except probably Puppy and KACard.)

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I have grown up, somehow, to have a real aversion to people who take physical liberties with me.
Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about being kissed by dogs?
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
And does the size of the dog make a difference?
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I blinked at Geoff's comment too rivka. I found myself wondering if I was just behind in the news. [Smile]

As for touchy feely, I used to be a lot more huggy than I am. I still don't mind it when people hug me, but it does weird me out if it's someone I don't know very well. There's the hug that signals "Yes. We are now very good friends and I'm signifying this to everyone else by hugging you at the end of our very short and meaningless conversation in the hallway." I hate those.

On the other hand, I do touch people a lot when I talk to them. (Never on the stomach, I hate that!) I don't know why I do it, but I'll touch them on the forearm (if their arms are folded and they're in front of me), or on the upper arm. I'm not sure if I do it to reassure myself that the person is still there in front of me (duh!) or to more fully make a point. I think I do it a lot when I'm giving a compliment or reassuring someone. And it's definitely not a grab, just light touches here and there. It's weird.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Narnia:
I blinked at Geoff's comment too rivka. I found myself wondering if I was just behind in the news. [Smile]

Well, since OSC stated outright (at the signing) that there will be a grandchild in December, I guess we can stop blinking. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I have always been a little uncomfortable with people I didn't know really well hugging me. There are some guys my age who I wouldn't let hug me for a long time, and I would just say "don't touch me" and glare at them. I am good friends with them now, and I would hug them, but now they think I just don't like hugs. They decided I have a "bubble", and no one is allowed in the "bubble".

But what I really hate people doing is using me as an armrest. I know I'm short! I know my head and or shoulders are the right height for an armrest for you! But that doesn't mean you have to use me as one!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think OSC hates me...
No. He hates me! Don't steal my thunder!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.