FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » P-Thong (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: P-Thong
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

- posted      Profile for Thong-Myster   Email Thong-Myster         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody remember a man named P-Thong?
Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Vaguely.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

- posted      Profile for Thong-Myster   Email Thong-Myster         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Share why it is interesting.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

Sharing, I have alway's believed, is the key to downfall.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Wow. A response that a bot could come up with.
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

Ahh, i've been a member some half-hour and already the bot accusation's are pouring in. You people are so paranoid.
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds just like something a bot covering up for itself would say....
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
As a test...

Share why it is interesting.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

It is not, thinking over the matter at all interesting, all though I do have reason's to be interested in Mr.Thong...
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have reasons for abusing apostrophes?
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

Apostrophe's killed my parent's and I'd rather not talk about them, you truely tasteless person.'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he's a bot, guys. I think he's just stupid. *shrug*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
You seem to be rather fond of your parents' killers.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sands
Member # 8344

- posted      Profile for sands   Email sands         Edit/Delete Post 
i agree. mr porteira head, do you know anything about "P-Thong"
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I just vaguely remember the name, but my wife recalls that P-Thong was a bot that got banned.
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

I would have thought that genius would have made an ever-lasting indentation on your pitiably self-absorbed mind's. as you can see, I have moved on to punishing the haofin, this word being mis-spelled to proove my lack of botishness.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Will the puddlethorpe intrude on the consciousness of desire?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

Ah, but alas, does it ever fail to do so?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I think that works better when you reverse the polarity.
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

Oh, you people's arrogance is so wickedly tiresome. I shall adjourn to a more pleasant and less cocky forum. Your not quite so witty as you seem to think.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
MPH, does that involve the deflector dish? Or crossing the streams?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

That isually involves discovering a hitherto unknown particle, solving the problem with it, and then forgetting about it forever.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah. I am exactly as witty as I seem to think.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thong-Myster:
I would have thought that genius would have made an ever-lasting indentation on your pitiably self-absorbed mind's. as you can see, I have moved on to punishing the haofin, this word being mis-spelled to proove my lack of botishness.

did you spell "prove" wrong for that reason to?

ahhhyouradouche

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

I don't get it. Why would you come here just to say how much we annoy you?
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Or rather, come here asking about a supposed bot, and then acting annoyed when we eye you suspiciously? You had chance to prove your worthiness.
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

Oh. I'll just nip into the bath-tub and slit my wrist's now that I have been declared unworthy. I'll stop beating around the proverbial bush. I was P-Thong, as I'm sure youve figured by now, I was just wondering if I was remembered. Now I'll let you get back to making hilariously cynical and condescending comment's in peace.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Before you go, would you consent to being shown how to properly use apostrophes?

You don't need to use them to indicate plurals (ie. multiples of a word). "Comments," therefore, does not require an apostrophe.

You can use apostrophes to indicate a possessive -- like "P-Thong's hat," meaning a hat belonging to P-Thong. You can also use them to indicate the omission of letters in a construction, like "I'll" (for "I will") or "she'd" (for "she had.") (Apostrophes can also be used in common time constructions.)

All the apostrophes in this sentence are used correctly:

quote:

I'd've wanted to show my aunt's daughter a better time, but it was already six o'clock and, back in '42, nights seemed to come to an end faster.

Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

The funny thing is, you honestly believe I give a wombat's uncle."""""""""""""""""""
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm not so sure he does give a wombat's uncle. Nor am I sure at all that he would have one available to give were he to so desire.

NOTE: The above sentence also uses correct apostrophes, (and I nice bit of itallics to indicate tone of voice.) [Wink]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

"And I nice bit of itallics to indicate the tone of voice"

Ah, not so perfect after all.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Not being able to type a complete and relatively grammatically correct sentence in an online forum is the equivalent of walking around in real life with a voluntary speech impediment.

If you don't like the inevitable conclusion people will draw from that, pay attention when you type. It's common courtesy, and it makes it a lot easier to convey a complete thought.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macnewbold
Member # 7660

- posted      Profile for macnewbold   Email macnewbold         Edit/Delete Post 
So what does _any_ of this have to do with OSC?

Failing any meaningful relation to him or his work, shouldn't it be on the "other side" of the forum?

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Unless I missed something with that particular thread, I find it interesting that Thong-Myster technically started American Dates are Killing Me. But his post isn't there.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, he started two identical "Dinosaur's" threads. The second was deleted, and the "American Dates are Killing Me" was given the same thread number. It's a glitch in the search feature. It's not a conspiracy, and Jonathan Howard is not OSC-fan and TomDavidson is not katharina is not BannaOj (you probably weren't here when the events to which I'm referring happened, kojabu, but I'm entertaining myself with the comments).

--PJ

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*Grin* I'm now entertained with the reminiscence though it kind of sucked at the time.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Nope, wasn't here.

Are you sure it's not a vast conspiracy started by some sentient being out in a computer in space to make sure we don't figure anything out?

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
"Are you sure it's not a vast conspiracy started by some sentient being out in a computer in space to make sure we don't figure anything out?"

Oh I get! Like from that book!

Just for the record, I think Apostrophe is a great title for a movie. I'm not sure about the plot. I'm building a structure and working toeards the inside.

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

'W' is generally seen as compulsory in the word 'towards'. And as for aliens trying to make sure you find nothing out, I think your mind-power has looked after that one.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Aren't you snippy
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

No. I'm Thong-Myster.
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
Your mom's mister has a thong.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
...wait a second

didn(apostrophe)t you, Mr. Thong,
say you were leaving and not posting again?

or something

like three of four times already?

...why hasn(apostrophe)t that happened?

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

do you need to borrow an apostrophe key?
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know why apostrophe's are so important. Its not like you cant tell what my post's mean otherwise. Geez. Youre all such a bunch of judgmental hypocrite's. Yall come along and mock me for no other reason's beside's the fact that Im a jerk.

Im leaving!

And you cant stop me!

None of you loser's can!

So dont try!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Thats funny. Thank's for making me laugh Icaru's. I had a hard day with lot's of annoying customer's and needed s'ome fun!

Thank's again.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Smyres
Member # 4350

- posted      Profile for Shawn Smyres   Email Shawn Smyres         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a bot?
Posts: 110 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

My father was, indeed, very fond of thongs. I have said I would leave, but not forever. How would you poor souls go on without me?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Happily?
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.