FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What's up with Alvin Maker?

Author Topic: What's up with Alvin Maker?
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only read the Enderverse from card and liked it alot. But i really don't know what to expect or even anything about the Alvin Maker series so I was wondering if someone could enlighten me with NONE_SPOILING details incase I do end up wanting to give it a shot. I know it's a fantasy tale and I'm not much for fantasy but there are a few I like so I may give it a shot.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjzeller
Member # 8536

- posted      Profile for rjzeller   Email rjzeller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pickup Seventh Son and see for yourself. The book is so short you really don't lose much if you should happen to decide you don't like it.

But I think you will. The use of fantasy elements does not dominate the story, which seems to make it more believable and interesting.

My 2 pennies....

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macnewbold
Member # 7660

- posted      Profile for macnewbold   Email macnewbold         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Alvin Maker series almost as much as I like the Enderverse... I agree with rjzeller: You should pick up a copy of Seventh Son and check it out. But make sure you have easy access (i.e. a library or something) to the rest of the series too, since you won't want to wait to keep going.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.