FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Why do you come to Hatrack? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why do you come to Hatrack?
Survivor
Member # 233

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta say, all the hug threads probably are part of the reason I despise this forum so much.
Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, I think Survivor wants a hug!

((((((Survivor)))))))

Hee hee.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what Blackthorne is talking about in the first post. Who's 'they' in line 4? And Why does #2 apologize to #2?
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

Thank you for making my life just that much creepier, Treason.

TSH, it's history. You can look it up if you want, but Card wants the whole thing forgotten if possible (it's a bit more complicated than that, but I decline to explain more). Like I said, that incident is the only reason I'm here now, but I'll get bored soon and find a better way to spend my time (or rather, I've already found a better way to spend my time, but it doesn't start just yet). Stick around here a while and you'll figure it out for yourself. How long it takes to realize it depends on how perceptive you are (and a little bit on whether anything happens to make me come back [Wink] ), but you'll probably realize it before you leave, one way or another.

For now, I'll respect Card's wishes on the matter, though I think his optimism about the human condition is misplaced. I have my own brand of optimism about people, though, so I'm not going to claim he's wrong on this point.

Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Survivor. Whenever you need a big bear hug, come see me.
[Smile]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

Oh, well a bear hug is different. I don't actually need them, but they're okay. That thing with the parentheses looks more like one of those touchy feely hugs, though.
Avery Good Schreibner
Member # 8772

- posted      Profile for Avery Good Schreibner           Edit/Delete Post 
As did Sir Edmund Hillary, I came because this is here. [Cool] Originally ... it's a blur now ... I think it had something to do with the cut-out cover of a paperback edition of Seventh Son and the kind of linenish relief of the paper. I thought it was cool, so I bought it and read it. I am from Indiana (from The Wobish Ter. around Vigor Church) and found it hugely fascinating that someone was using my location as a setting for a book. Then, I read the next in the series, though I think I like Little Alvin best. In the forward of book II, there was a note about online discussions. I thought that was also cool, but I didn't have AOL and I didn't intend to get it. Eventually, I guess I was looking for stuff on the Author - I'm not from Utah and I'm not Morman so I hadn't been, um, told about him. I found the writer's workshop and workshopped a novel there until we were forced to disband because we'd outstayed our welcome. Then, I came back to look around and found the Hatrack 1830's forum that's loosely derived from the Alvin novels. I tried to play but became disenchanted by having my characters ignored. I left, but, you know, rural Indiana isn't a real hotbed for literary exchange. So, I returned, felt jaded by the same-ol-same-ol, and packed. I joined an online-wirter's workshop which is great fun to use as a motivator, managed to get myself published ... about five shorties deep now, but still felt "I can't quit and let it go - I've got to be successful first, then quit." So, I came back to Hatrack 1830's. It's just too fun. Maybe I'm stupid, but it is truly like a child at his games with me. I make up stories and heros and have them do cool stuff and just kind of play like with paper hats and wooden swords and somebody's old shirt for a tunic all on a summer's day. Anyway, I usually just "X" out of the forum. I was thing today as I was about to "X"it that there must be a log-off button somewhere. I went to the site map. I saw a Hatrack forum that was not my Hatrack forum and came to look. What is this place? Y'all just hang out here and do the poor man's version of a chat room and snub one another now and then? I'd a come for the food, too, if it weren't pears. I mean pears are ok, but how are you going to get people to come to your party by saying "Hey! we're serving pears!" Even chocolate covered pears are still pears. [Cool] Anyway, not that I am OCD or have hypergraphia or anything, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.