FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » When can we expect the next Alvin and Ender books? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: When can we expect the next Alvin and Ender books?
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody should start a "We are the six" thread.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Raises hand.>

Wait, does this mean I'm a cylon?

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
2/3 of that 6!
Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm puzzled as to why he thinks the audience for that book is so small. The last three books were not to my taste to such a degree that I'm not interested in the final book, but I'd imagine that most Card readers are actively intersted in reading the series' conclusion.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

- posted      Profile for vineyarddawg           Edit/Delete Post 
I am also one of the increasingly-inaccurately-named "six!" [Smile]
Posts: 124 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he just meant that most of us have given up hope.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm #4!

I'm also waiting for:

Lovelock #2
Women of Genesis #4
Laddertop #3
and the post-COTM wrap up to the Enderverse

I'm not too picky about the order -- just keep writing 'em, and I'll keep reading 'em.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainy
Member # 13174

- posted      Profile for rainy           Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished Earth Afire. Mr Card and Mr Johnston, you are cruel men. Please keep typing!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainy
Member # 13174

- posted      Profile for rainy           Edit/Delete Post 
Can we ever expect to read any of Valentine or Ender's writing?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

quote:
Originally posted by rainy:
I just finished Earth Afire. Mr Card and Mr Johnston, you are cruel men. Please keep typing!

Well, you only have one more day to wait for yours. [Smile]
Posts: 124 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocToad
Member # 13211

- posted      Profile for DocToad   Email DocToad         Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking forward to the 7th and final Alvin Maker Book.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized it has been a couple of years since the "Works in Progress" page has been updated. I know the third Pathfinder book is coming soon (I already pre-ordered) and that Mr. Card is also writing the final Lost Gate book, but I am always interested to know what else he is working on.

The last time the page was updated, for example, he has the second Rasputin novel listed as a work in progress. [Razz]

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
I just realized it has been a couple of years since the "Works in Progress" page has been updated. I know the third Pathfinder book is coming soon (I already pre-ordered) and that Mr. Card is also writing the final Lost Gate book, but I am always interested to know what else he is working on.

The last time the page was updated, for example, he has the second Rasputin novel listed as a work in progress. [Razz]

Yeah, it's clearly not updated regularly, unlike Brandon Sanderson's page, which seems to be updated at least twice a week.

/looks at Sanderson's page
//sees that he's prewriting for the 3rd Stormlight Archive book
///SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa Moose: Yes.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we still allowed to like Brandon Sanderson?
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope so. But, I miss a lot.
Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piefka
Member # 13216

- posted      Profile for Piefka   Email Piefka         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for Master Alvin either!
Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave S
Member # 13233

- posted      Profile for Dave S   Email Dave S         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there may actually be more than 6 of us waiting!

LOL. I've followed this forum for years, I just never posted until now.

Love the new Earth Books, I finished Earth Awakens last night, and a good chunk of the Ender stories in the Intergalactic Medicine Show book.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.