FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » When can we expect the next Alvin and Ender books? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: When can we expect the next Alvin and Ender books?
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody should start a "We are the six" thread.
Posts: 1884 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Raises hand.>

Wait, does this mean I'm a cylon?

Posts: 6211 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2/3 of that 6!
Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm puzzled as to why he thinks the audience for that book is so small. The last three books were not to my taste to such a degree that I'm not interested in the final book, but I'd imagine that most Card readers are actively intersted in reading the series' conclusion.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

- posted      Profile for vineyarddawg           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also one of the increasingly-inaccurately-named "six!" [Smile]
Posts: 124 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he just meant that most of us have given up hope.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm #4!

I'm also waiting for:

Lovelock #2
Women of Genesis #4
Laddertop #3
and the post-COTM wrap up to the Enderverse

I'm not too picky about the order -- just keep writing 'em, and I'll keep reading 'em.

Posts: 179 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainy
Member # 13174

- posted      Profile for rainy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished Earth Afire. Mr Card and Mr Johnston, you are cruel men. Please keep typing!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainy
Member # 13174

- posted      Profile for rainy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we ever expect to read any of Valentine or Ender's writing?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

- posted      Profile for vineyarddawg           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rainy:
I just finished Earth Afire. Mr Card and Mr Johnston, you are cruel men. Please keep typing!

Well, you only have one more day to wait for yours. [Smile]
Posts: 124 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocToad
Member # 13211

- posted      Profile for DocToad   Email DocToad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking forward to the 7th and final Alvin Maker Book.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just realized it has been a couple of years since the "Works in Progress" page has been updated. I know the third Pathfinder book is coming soon (I already pre-ordered) and that Mr. Card is also writing the final Lost Gate book, but I am always interested to know what else he is working on.

The last time the page was updated, for example, he has the second Rasputin novel listed as a work in progress. [Razz]

Posts: 1935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
I just realized it has been a couple of years since the "Works in Progress" page has been updated. I know the third Pathfinder book is coming soon (I already pre-ordered) and that Mr. Card is also writing the final Lost Gate book, but I am always interested to know what else he is working on.

The last time the page was updated, for example, he has the second Rasputin novel listed as a work in progress. [Razz]

Yeah, it's clearly not updated regularly, unlike Brandon Sanderson's page, which seems to be updated at least twice a week.

/looks at Sanderson's page
//sees that he's prewriting for the 3rd Stormlight Archive book
///SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Papa Moose: Yes.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we still allowed to like Brandon Sanderson?
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope so. But, I miss a lot.
Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piefka
Member # 13216

- posted      Profile for Piefka   Email Piefka         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait for Master Alvin either!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave S
Member # 13233

- posted      Profile for Dave S   Email Dave S         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there may actually be more than 6 of us waiting!

LOL. I've followed this forum for years, I just never posted until now.

Love the new Earth Books, I finished Earth Awakens last night, and a good chunk of the Ender stories in the Intergalactic Medicine Show book.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.