FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Films in development

Author Topic: Films in development
knightums
Member # 9982

- posted      Profile for knightums   Email knightums         Edit/Delete Post 
According to taleswapper.com, OSC has 9 films in development. Books that are being made into films that is. http://www.taleswapper.net/movies/endersgame/endersgame_update.html
Other the Ender's Game does anyone know anything about these others?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
We only wish!

Unfortunately, Ender's game is the only one being considered. OSC has said that no one's ever going to risk doing one of his works untill Ender's Game is a success.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightums
Member # 9982

so this is basically a wish list for him? seems a bit premature to list them as in development! unless he considers them in development because he is determined that they will be made into films...
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a little more than a wishlist. Taleswapper is a production company based in Los Angeles with an emphasis on feature-film development.

So they're not all in production with studios, they are all in development with a production company.

I know. It's like parking on a driveway and driving on a parkway.

This phase of the game is usually called "Development Hell," and there is often no escape. It just means people are trying to figure out how to get something made into a movie. During this phase screenplays are written, tossed, rewritten, revised, actors are "attached" and then "unattached," directors can even come and go, and studios can option rights and let options expire.

It's all called being "in development."

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightums
Member # 9982

thank you for clarifying. that makes perfect sense. i will stop holding my breath.
do you know of any developments in the Ender's Game film?

Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I know we've publically talked about the scripts I wrote for Pastwatch and Dogwalker, so I'm pretty sure those are both on the list.

Whether they go anywhere is up to the producer-types, of course ... [Smile]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePersonMan
Member # 9440

- posted      Profile for ThePersonMan           Edit/Delete Post 
Empire looks like it would get there before any of the others.
Posts: 53 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.