FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » All in Good Fun: Strange Foreign Language Covers

Author Topic: All in Good Fun: Strange Foreign Language Covers
Clumpy
Member # 8122

- posted      Profile for Clumpy           Edit/Delete Post 
Many of you have probably seen these before, but I'd like to draw attention to some of he weirder OSC covers out there. No surprise that they're foreign language editions. What do you think?

Orson Scott Card Book Covers

Posts: 127 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that one of the foreign editions of one of his books had the Starship Enterprise on the cover.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't there used to be a function to search through the foreign covers on the Hatrack homepage? I can't find it now, but coulda sworn I've browsed it before.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EP Kaplan
Member # 10855

- posted      Profile for EP Kaplan   Email EP Kaplan         Edit/Delete Post 
The Hebrew Ender's Game, mr_porteiro_head.

The search is glitching as of late, but with any luck will be up soon. The old philoticweb.net site had all the foreign Ender covers.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
ehttp://simania.co.il/bookimages/covers10/106875.jpg

Nice

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The G-Bus Man
Member # 10911

- posted      Profile for The G-Bus Man   Email The G-Bus Man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Japanese cover for "Lost Boys" is just. . . puzzling. It's kind of endearing, though - is this sort of thing commonplace?
The answer, in short, is yes.

And, uhhh...yeah. The "Ender's Schatten" one...I do speak German, so I should know better...but "Shadow" wasn't the first thing I was thinking when I saw that.

And yes, quite pudgy indeed. The kid looks like he has no real better idea why he's on the cover than we do.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
"Enders Schatten" -Der New York Times Bestseller.

I think that's how we should refer to The New York Times from now on. Der New York Times. It's more accurate that way.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Sorry, I just realized that this topic was started by the author of that blog. (I'm the one that posted the link in the blog comments.)
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abyss
Member # 3086

- posted      Profile for Abyss   Email Abyss         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... I liked the Young Adult cover.
Posts: 280 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be a collection of book covers on Philoticweb of the book covers. This collection still exists, but we have to rebuild that section of our site. And there are a couple I haven't seen on your blog. Cool.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clumpy
Member # 8122

- posted      Profile for Clumpy           Edit/Delete Post 
It took me awhile to find them, I can tell you that!

I liked the "Chess Game in Outer Space" one. Sort of an obtuse metaphor for the book.

My favorite covers are still the covers with the inscrutable spaceships. I prefer to read the book in the larger-size editions because the pages stay open easier.

(I don't mean a large-print edition but one with larger pages. They're thinner books but much taller and fatter.)

Posts: 127 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.