FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Received an Email from OSC's assistant (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Received an Email from OSC's assistant
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
Wow, it just takes 48 posts in a useless topic about getting a free gift to help prove how childish we all are. Every time I see this topic I am annoyed at the insistence on clutching at the tiny amount of validation getting an email from someone's assistant has afforded everyone. Please stop. For me.

So it was all well and good earlier in the thread when you expressed a wish for an autographed copy of the book, but now the whole thing is a childish mistake? Little hypocritical there don't you think? Halfway through the thread it starts to drift here and there anyways, it's not full of sychophants gushing about validation. It IS kind of neat, so people are excited about it (myself included). I think you're being melodramatic.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep in mind, like nearly all conversations here, the subject has morphed. I WAS about who this person was soliciting personal information. That was completely cleared up.

Now the discussion is about the wisdom or need for guarding personal information on-line, and what the real risks are. I think that is a valid topic for serious discussion, even if some of the 'serious' discussion is lighthearted.

Hey...I'm just saying...

steve/bluewizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irregardless
Member # 8529

- posted      Profile for Irregardless   Email Irregardless         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlueWizard:
The potential scam could be anything -- revenge for some perceive offensive statement on-line, identity theft, psycho-axe-murder plot, SPAM, unrequited love, or any number of things.

OK, so how does confirming that Kathleen Bellamy is really the e-mailer prove that she isn't going to do any or all of these things to you? [Smile]
Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a question of whether she really is the emailer she claims to be, but that she is indeed OSC personal assistant and that she intends to do what she claimed she would do.

If she were a psycho-axe-murderer, I think OSC might have noticed before now.

Steve/bluewizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
So when do I get credit for almost coming up with the working title for the new book?

[Wink]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
hy i want a free book
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

hey man i want a free book
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I want a free mountain of treasure!
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

heh heh heh
me too

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I want a pony! With sprinkles on top!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
I want a sandwich.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimari
Member # 7519

- posted      Profile for Kimari   Email Kimari         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted quite early in the topic, so I assume that if I did get an e-mail, it certainly was filtered into my junk and is gone by now.

Darn.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.