FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Dark Knight Review (spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC Dark Knight Review (spoilers)
npbeers
Member # 9612

- posted      Profile for npbeers           Edit/Delete Post 
This can finally be put to rest.... Warner Brothers has posted the Dark Knight script online:

http://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/assets/images/TheDarkKnight_Script.pdf

"DENT: NO! Not me... Why did you come for
me?!

Batman STARES at Dent. The Joker lied."

I am actually a bit disappointed by this... I agree with OSC that the movie I thought I saw was better than the script... but oh well...

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I liked mine better too, but I decided people had a good argument that Batman was trying to save Rachel.

However, I've decided the real issue was the decision to have Bale growl when wearing the suit. If he talked normally the rest of us would have understood what he said as he was leaving the station. Even without that, though, the "I can't breathe through my nose" guttural muttering was the worst flaw in the film. Other characters should have been cracking up when he was talking like that.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve_G
Member # 10101

- posted      Profile for Steve_G   Email Steve_G         Edit/Delete Post 
It was put to rest for me when I saw it in the theatre, because the only theatre showing it at the time we could watch that night had subtitles for the hearing impaired. It was distracting, because we ended up reading everything even though we could hear just fine. So I knew exactly what was said even when the voices were overpowered by the music as is often the case in movies.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I heard every line in the movie. And everyone concludes batman was making the "cliche" choice when he just as likely could have based his choice on the distance and terrain from the station and the two locations. It'd be pretty convenient for the mob to have control of two structures precisely the same distance relative to the station, and they could've held Joker somewhere else for all anyone knew.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
npbeers
Member # 9612

- posted      Profile for npbeers           Edit/Delete Post 
In the script Batman actually doesn't say "Rachel" as Bale seems to have growled... Instead Batman says "Dent knew the risks"...

That tells us a bit about his motivation...

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
That line doesnt even make sense.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
While the growling is extremely odd, if you go back and watch George Clooneys portrail of the caped crusader, you'll find that he did not have a single bit of Batman in his character just alot of Bruce Wayne. In my opinion, Bale has been the first actor to play both sides of the role fairly and accuratly, whereas Kilmer was a good Batman (but a very moody, quiet and removed Bruce Wayne) and everyone else was just billionaire playboys in rubber suits... with nipples..... ew.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.