FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » The Hive Queen, The Hegemon, The Life of Human (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Hive Queen, The Hegemon, The Life of Human
antronics
Member # 11894

- posted      Profile for antronics   Email antronics         Edit/Delete Post 
..Well CRash, that quote of mine was directed to a poster who at first chose a sarcastic style of writing twords me. This was just a response to that individual. And being met with hostility didn't only occur in this thread, it was the basis of thread I made when I first joined this site. Not to mention that most all of what you quoted of me is taken out of context when split up like that. Did you just read my posts or the posts leading up to my posts?

It doesn't matter to me, I was looking for some thoughtful discussion on OCS and his works, but I can't seem to find that here. Good luck folks!

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
antronics, the context is still there. Yes, people who start in the middle of a thread might not get the entirety of your argument, but who does that anyway?

Question for you: Does thought put into disagreeing with you not count toward "thoughtful discussion?"

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by antronics:
I was looking for some thoughtful discussion on OCS and his works, but I can't seem to recognize that when I see it.

Fixed that for you.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And being met with hostility didn't only occur in this thread, it was the basis of thread I made when I first joined this site.
I just checked that thread. No hostility there, either, but you were again pretty quick to accuse people of hostility when they disagreed with you.

So let me say this again: disagreement is (edit) not hostility. You've had some relatively unformed ideas, and people have pointed out the flaws in them. They've done so politely, civilly, and respectfully.

I don't like waving goodbye to visitors, but if you really can't handle having someone disagree with you, this probably isn't a good site for you.

[ February 17, 2009, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Psst. Tom-you-missed-a-not.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by antronics:
..Well CRash, that quote of mine was directed to a poster who at first chose a sarcastic style of writing twords me. This was just a response to that individual. And being met with hostility didn't only occur in this thread, it was the basis of thread I made when I first joined this site. Not to mention that most all of what you quoted of me is taken out of context when split up like that. Did you just read my posts or the posts leading up to my posts?

I assure you, I read the entire thread and your posts. I was just trying to point out problem areas for you with the general tone of some of your posts (and you should check because not all of those comments I quoted are directed at Sean).

In looking back over your threads I don't really find hostility there. I do see a lot of Hatrack-style discussion that I think accurately addresses your points/questions. If you read that as hostility perhaps you would be more comfortable in a different forum setting, for example philoticweb.net (I see you've posted over there before). Hatrack is not for the faint of heart. [Wink]

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la.SOMA
Member # 10608

- posted      Profile for la.SOMA   Email la.SOMA         Edit/Delete Post 
in relation to the original post:

i agree that we already know the stories and have no need to read the hive queen, the hegemon, or the life of human... but i still WANT to read them in the same sense that i want a lightsaber.

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la.SOMA
Member # 10608

- posted      Profile for la.SOMA   Email la.SOMA         Edit/Delete Post 
and furthermore.. i'm pretty sure i'll get a copy of the three books around the same time i get a lightsaber.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brayden
Member # 11996

- posted      Profile for Brayden   Email Brayden         Edit/Delete Post 
They'd just be short stories though, wouldn't they? Didn't it say Life of Human only took an hour to read?
Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.