FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Just finished Shadow Complex

Author Topic: Just finished Shadow Complex
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
For the most part I loved it. I was really pleased with how well it turned out.

It did feel a lot like Metroid, however this gave a sense of nostalgia and did not detract from the game at all. The game felt original, and while there are similarities in the "powers" you receive, it added to the entire experience.

I thought the last battle was epic, my only complaint was how it all tied up at the end.

Minor spoiler below

|
|
|
|
|

After the final battle you are confronted by the leader of the compound. Then he is shot in the head. I don't understand why the person that shot him would do so, as he would have been a valuable source of information. But no, he is just shot in the head, a helicopter arrives, the main character gets a thank you, they hop on said helicopter and the credits roll.

I understand that this leaves the story open for either another game or for the upcoming book, which I am fine with. I just didn't get why the leader was shot in the head instead of captured and interrogated.

Besides that minor annoyance it was an absolutely wonderful game and worth the 1200 Live points. I'm playing through it again to try and find all of the secret items. I want to find out what is behind that door you need the passkeys for.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I now have a lot of hope for the Enders Game erm...game they are making.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clumpy
Member # 8122

- posted      Profile for Clumpy           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about the game receiving acclaim, but until I saw the post here I did NOT know that game was by Chair and is based on Empire. After watching a review it's a given - I'll be downloading it this weekend after I get my HDTV (whoo-hoo!).

We need more stuff like this in the XBLA.

Posts: 127 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.