FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The "Last Post in 2002" and "First Post in 2003" Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The "Last Post in 2002" and "First Post in 2003" Thread
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they were going to crop up before the day's out anyway, I might as well be the one that starts them. This way we keep them confined to one thread.

Oh - and only forum time counts, regardless of what time zone the poster is in.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, the forum clock is off by almost 5 minutes. (Knowledge courtesy of my Atomic Clock Christmas present. )
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
The winners get official Hatrack tshirts.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Easy promise, since there are no official hatrack t-shirts.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Better get crackin', then!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, what are you doing to me? I am not gonna wait untill you finally have your New Year!
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Does not mean the winner has to go topless?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiua of SiWangMu
Member # 4338

- posted      Profile for Aiua of SiWangMu   Email Aiua of SiWangMu         Edit/Delete Post 
I terribly doubt that Dan.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm winning.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a relief. I thought I was winning.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody. I have to work from 12:30-8:30pm, after which I will be home alone. I can play this game.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

What I'm really worried about is the number of jatraqueros sitting topless before their computers when the ball drops.
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Should I go bowling or play this game?
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you guys know I have every intention of getting both the last post of 2002 and the first post of 2003.
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is my last post of 2002, I'm going to a party in Boston so I won't be able to be competitive about it.

Hatrack Ball Drop:

<10>
<9>
<8>
<7>
<6>
<5>
<4>
<3>
<2>
<1>

Happy New Year Hatrack!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited December 31, 2002).]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaethorieII
Member # 4362

- posted      Profile for MaethorieII           Edit/Delete Post 
my last post lol
Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Another point - no deleting allowed.

Play the game fair, or don't play at all.

Now we get to see who are the real losers who don't have anything planned for New Year's Eve other than hanging out on an internet forum.

Yes, I'm one of them - Wes is at the station tonight, so it's just me and the kids at home and I'm not going to take all four of them anywhere. Especially not in this weather - lots of rain today and tonight.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't want me posting at midnight tonight. It would shatter any image you might have of me, and that's unacceptable.

So I'll have my nephew's pet salamander post instead...

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So I'll have my nephew's pet salamander post instead...

Noooooo...then they'll think it's ME. It's been said that my posting style mimics that of a salamander.

I'm working odd hours tonight that I created for myself, just to get out of working in the morning. I hate our local IFS department. Their slave drivers.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

I'm confused..I didn't post that previous post that has my name..wth?
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Maet. Your "clone" already made 10 posts it seems.

And I don't think it's funny.

Edit: See also
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/Forum1/HTML/001505.html

grrrrrrr

[This message has been edited by Sal (edited December 31, 2002).]

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I DONT CARE ABOT THE FORUM TIME IT'S 00.29 IN POLAND I'M, THE FIRST (AND DRUNK AS IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED)

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SaI
Member # 4364

- posted      Profile for SaI           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year, Poland!!!

PS: How many kisses, Kama?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

Drunk indeed..Cheers!

So that's where the other posts went..

Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
So, how many posts will there be right at midnight?

And I only need to stay up until 9 to get the last post in! I suppose being on the west coast has some extra benifits..

-Nato

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I was the last one to finish reading LotR this year. I just finished about an hour ago. (My third time reading it.)
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

Maeth, your impostor uses the username Maethorieii with uppercase I's that look like L's in the forum font.

Sadly, users like that make it look like reopening registrations wasn't a good idea.

-Nato

<edit>I'm about to finish The Two Towers in a couple hours.. Perhaps I could read the third really really quickly.. No, I admit defeat. *cheers for jehovoid*</edit>

[This message has been edited by Nato (edited December 31, 2002).]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

::applauds Jeho::

lol

ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year !!!

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have much else to do. maybe I'll get lucky and get last post and first post.

Actualy i was expecting to work tonight. but the cheepskates gave every one the night off. so they don't have to pay them time and a half.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*posts early so it'll look like she tried to make it*
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the four of us in our household have collectively given up on the fireworks.

We got in at 11:25 for a quick respite, but have decided we're too plumb tired.

I do intend to stay awake for a while, as I have begun cooking rice for homemade sushi rolls (nothing raw, but tasty stuff).

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

*ahem*
I have post 101000!
Now returning to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

bloody fireworks-evil evil evil evil evil EVIL THINGS
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from work. Time for a nice cup of Sleepytime (cue whistling teakettle). And read a bit before bed.

What? Fireworks? New Year's? Huh. News to me.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

lucky-I just got back from babysitting-for a baby-with fireworks across the street. and smoke from them making me cough, while trying to soothe the baby. nightmare
Toretha
Member # 2233

Doodeedoo-can't believe I'm doing this...
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched my watch turn. What time is it here?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

Ball has dropped.
Toretha
Member # 2233

Ought to be ashamed that we're trying to get this
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

Trying for last post on Hatrack Time....
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

Now?
Sal
Member # 3758

Happy New Year, Hatrack!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

Which of us made it? or did we both?
Nato
Member # 1448

The real challenge is trying to guess how far off the system clock is from the real clock..

Do I win a prize?

-Nato

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

Ha, Toretha beat me. But I have the first MEANINGFUL post of the year.

[This message has been edited by Sal (edited January 01, 2003).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.