FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Don't wish us luck . . . (the saga continues) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Don't wish us luck . . . (the saga continues)
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, that is awesome! Congratulations again.

(You are much younger in appearance than I'd imagined. And more of a devillish grin than expected for one so even-keeled in temperament.)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I look much younger clean-shaven (not to mention with my hair hidden away), as I had to be for that role. After a couple of weeks, I am now back to my god-of-war sideburns and goatee. I hope I have a picture to post soon. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I jinxing it if I ask about the other one?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I knew somebody would catch that omission . . .

I was offered a chorus part. Though I auditioned well, I guess I just wasn't a perfect match for any of the major roles. Anyway, I just finished doing a production and spending several nights a week apart from my family, and I am also taking a class, so I decided to sit this one out and wait for 1776; I declined the part.

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't wish us luck . . .

. . . but tonight is opening night!

[Big Grin]

EDIT 2006: Based on time, this must have been for Man of La Mancha. Apparently I never bumped the thread for Harvey. Too bad . . . Harvey was a lot of fun--more fun that the first time I was in it, back in 1994.

[ April 21, 2006, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Break the limb of your choice!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say don't break a jaw, but I remembered that a jaw isn't exactly a limp, as such.

*gives anti-luck*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my! It seems like you just had the auditions!
I so wish I was closer...
Good luck, you two!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky, that song, The Impossible Dream, was a song I sang in Jr High as s solo. I got a standing ovation...and then didn't make the show chorus, the first time in my whole life I didn't make the cut.

Funny thing is that I was good enough to solo in the Honors choir, and in States. [Dont Know]

I had auditioned with a cold, and hurt my voice. Since I had never had a vocal lesson in my life, I began singing wrong, way back in my throat, when I needed to sing my solos for the States.

I love that song, but can't get the last note anymore, not even in my current nasally voice. [Frown]

Good luck with the next audition though....I can say that now, because it isn't happening yet, therefore no jinx.

Yet. [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ February 18, 2005, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Don't wish us luck . . .

. . . but tonight is opening night for Fiddler on the Roof!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg, Icarus!

... Who are you? (Edited to add: in the play)

"If I had a rich man ..." [Big Grin]

[ April 21, 2006, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: JennaDean ]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Break a leg! [Smile]

I have a friend in high school who used to wish all kinds of horrible things on people who told him to break a leg.

Break a leg anyway!

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I am Avram the Bookseller. [Smile]

Good opening night (especially given that we opened on a night when no Orthodox Jews would be able to attend!)

CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that oughta be fun. For Ben Franklin's 300th birthday.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

How did it go?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad opening night went well, Joe. My sister and my mother are in Beauty and the Beast starting next weekend -- April is a very popular performance month!

*sigh* I do love Fiddler...I wish I looked more Jewish. A pox on Greg for not rubbing off on me... [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well the night is still somewhat young . . .
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the old country, everyone's middle name was "the". I'm trying to bring back the custom. I know Marty the Babysitter, Steve the Repairman, Arno the Astrophysicist, Irving the Doctor, and, oh yeah, Icarus the Thesbian.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Here is a review of the show. [Smile]
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool beans, Joe. And Lisa got a shout out! What was her role, again?
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante: How can Icarus be a Thespian? He's a BOY!
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm a Thespian in a man's body. [Smile]

-o-

Cor plays Grandmother Tzeitle's ghost.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Cool review....I am glad you got it all worked out. I may be able to go se it tomorrow night, what time is the show?

How much is it again?

Icarus
Member # 3162

8 pm

$15

Kwea
Member # 2199

3 hours? Hmm....

[Wink]

I might be able to handle it, since I don't have to go to run the pool tourney on Sundays anymore . [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Are you still up?

Whatcha up to?

[Wink]

Icarus
Member # 3162

In case you decide to go (Kwea),

http://celebrationplayers.com/theatredirections.asp

Basically, I-4 to World Drive, World Drive *away* from Disney until it ends, then RIGHT on Celebration Boulevard until *it* ends, and the school and theatre will be on your left.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I wish I could have made it, but I couldn't...I tried (unsuccessfully) to repair my truck tonight. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.