FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Typer Shark (game)

Author Topic: Typer Shark (game)
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there. I just found a cool game at popcap.com. It's called Typer Shark... it's basically a game for people with good typing skills, and it's kinda fun.

Typer Shark

My best right now, on the "Hard" level (haven't tried expert yet) is:

Level 19 (if you get past this level, I bow before you, it kicked my behind solidly)
Score: 4,798,556
Avg wpm: 84
Accuracy: 96%
Rank: Lord Poseidon (I was 300k or so from the next rank, and I'm dying to know what it is)

Any challengers?

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Giggle, Giggle.

I found Typer Shark, too, a couple of weeks ago. I like it, but I have to be in the mood for it. I can't remember what my highest level or score is, but I generally manage somewhere in the 80s as far as wpm, with accuracy somewhere in the mid 90%. I really hate the pirhanas. [Razz]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

The worst are those damn green sharks with the letters that change while you're trying to type them. Grrr. Combinations that start out like "r&3)x1" and end up "r7cq7(" That's just aggravating.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
::mumbles:: Red shark. . .ghost red. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the pirhanas! [Razz] [Wink]

I average out at about 57 WPM with 97% accuracy lol.

Fun game! Thanks for sharing! ::goes off to keep playing::

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Very fun. [Big Grin]

Anyone remember the Wizard of Id typing game? I loved watching the wizard ZOT! the words. And the jester keeping the pace on his pogo stick during the passages. Loved that game.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
cool game. "dog paddler" 76wpm, 93%.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh heh! I type with <ahem> two fingers. 54 words per minute and 97% accuracy. I also hate piranas.
Oh, well. Pretty good for a two finger typer.

EDIT: With practice, I got up to 74/minute

[ June 29, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toes
Member # 4603

- posted      Profile for Toes   Email Toes         Edit/Delete Post 
53 wpm and 95% accuracy while stirring risotta for dinner! Hooyah!
Posts: 84 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Okay, I'm obsessed, I admit it. I've worked my way up to this point, and there's no way I'm making it any higher. I think I can finally give up.

Level: 20
Score: 5,834,622
Next Rank: 10,100,000 (yeah, right!)
Avg wpm: 96
Accuracy: 98%

Whew... now I can go back to minesweeper. I'm sure I can chisel a second or two off of those scores...

...or maybe I should do something productive with my life...

Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
Now why would you go and do something like that?

[Evil]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Perooductiv?

What is this you speak of?

[Confused]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
It is the numbers and symbols that screw me up [Frown]
I got to level 14, 1116278 score, 34:59 time, 69 wpm, 94% accuracy, rank: Salvage master.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

It's the dang green sharks with the letters that change randomly (with symbols no less!) that tick me off the most. I had 25 perfect accuracies in a row until those suckers came out... [Grumble]

I'd much prefer symbol piranha (which are annoying) to three ghost red sharks and two ghost black sharks all at once (which is just plain insane)... and the five green sharks was just ridiculous.

The only way I can see getting the 10 mil for the next level would be to have 99-100% accuracy every single round of fish. The bonuses would be obscene... unfortunately, that will never happen... at least with me playing... [Cry]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
It no really worky for me... [Cry]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
*random bump*
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I went back and found this a few days ago when I was bored. I've improved, but not by much!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
my stupid filter blocks it...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I was doing great and feeling pretty good about my typing skills until they threw in numbers and symbols. GRRRRR.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
WPM: 91

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
^ Liar
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I type about that well, too. It's all these long years of Hatracking.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to use Typer Shark to improve my typing. If I try to type properly, as in not looking at the keyboard, I'm lucky if I can get 20 wpm, but if I look at the keyboard, I'm in the 80s. Right now I'm in a job that requires me to maintain 10,000 keystrokes per hour. I don't know how that translates into wpm, but even looking back and forth between the keyboard and the sheets I'm typing from, I average about 15,000 kph. I've decided that this is good enough and there's no need for me to learn to type. [Big Grin]
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I've beaten the whole game on Expert. I don't remember my score though.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
ooh I'd forgotten about this game! Thank you!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
Score: 196,948

Level: 6

Time: 15:10

Words Per Minute: 45

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Normal, Chum, WPM 40, Acc 91%, On level 1.
Normal, Chum, WPM 42, Acc 90%, on level 2.
normal, flotsam, wpm 54, acc 92%, on level 3.
I died after that...

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
you guys don't want to know my final score and level today... all I'll say is I played ONE game from the time I posted above until just before 5:00. I had it paused for some extended lengths of time because of doing real work, but by the time I was done, elapsed game time was nearly an hour and a half...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, yeah we do.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, what she said.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
WPM: 29
Accuracy: 97%

Yeah, I suck.
[Razz]

(edited to add: oh yeah, and I had it set to easy. [Embarrassed] )

[ April 27, 2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody - you have the unfair advantage of typing legal briefs all day long [Wink]

I'm out of practice -- just like I'm very rusty on my piano as well.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid white ghost pirhanas and red sharks.

Hard

level 7

72 WPM

96% accuracy.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

FG - yes it definitely is an advantage...

I played Easy to get myself warmed up, didn't expect the game to last most of my day.

Level 21
WPM 87
Accuracy 94%
Final score (on easy, mind you) 1,247,000 (rounding cause I don't know exact now)

starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first to brag: my high score from last night.

Level 18

68 WPM

95% accuracy

Master Mariner

Anyone who gets past level 18 has my absolute and ultimate respect.

Second, and more importantly:

Something is WRONG with TyperShark! Starting last night, suddenly everything is moving MUCH faster than it was before. Even at the easier levels, the sharks and pirahnas are swimming insanely fast! Anyone else experience this? How do I fix it? Suddenly, I can't get past level 1. [Frown]

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.