FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We have seen Wierd Al in IL! (details on pg 3) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: We have seen Wierd Al in IL! (details on pg 3)
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just saw in the allergy thread that Dana is allergic to cats. So I wanted to warn all of you that we do in fact have a kitten. She's very friendly and likes to be with people - and, as is usual with animals, seems to go straight for the ones who are either allergic to or don't like cats.

Bring your meds! Also, I'll try to remember to buy some OTC allergy pills, just in case someone forgets.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
And I have two furry canines. One of which is shedding profusely right now. They are sweet and like to cuddle, but will leave you alone if you want to be. That is unless you throw Jake the ball. Once you throw his ball you are fair game for being pestered by him for the rest of the time you are there.

I am also going to attempt to keep what is becoming the guest room fur-free until the concert because another friend who is coming to visit me is mildly allergic. She can stand the house as long as she has someplace to sleep without dog hair.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat...too far north.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

So sorry to hear that, Maccabeus. Though, it might be hard to get tickets at this point, anyway.

Maybe next time! [Smile]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*packs drugs*

I wish I could come and meet your canines, Banna, but it would add an hour and a half to my 6 hour drive home on Sunday. Sigh, too many friends, too far away. Someone needs to invent instantaneous travel.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Not a problem... sometimes I get to dog shows out in Iowa, so I'll let you know if I ever head that way!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

oooo...cool! I'm in the dead center of the state, so let me know. You and the pups are welcome to stay here any time.

You can compare my hideous orange countertops to your hideous orange carpet.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
So, we're back home safely and wishing a safe drive to the rest of the group as they make their travels today. We were very glad to hear that the traffic was good and the long drives a bit more bearable than expected. *grin*

Tom and I arrived last, so I can't vouch for the beginning of the party. *laugh* Go figure, we're the closest! We weren't sure if the final time decided upon was 1pm or 2pm, that's our only excuse.

Dan_Raven and catsmeow broke the ice with card tricks, trick yo-yos and the like, which kept us smiling.

I think the star of the room, though, was Vana's new kitten who, although nervous with all the people, was very playful and absolutely adorable.

Since the group was mostly acquainted, we were happily chatting in Vana and Lime's living room until it was time to go play mini golf. I'll leave the humourous quotes to Dan's accounting (he's much funnier than I).

We didn't quite have enough time to finish the game with the crowd and ten people at mini-golf, but it sure was fun! The water traps made the course quite challenging, but provided quite a few good laughs as well -- especially when a hole-in-one could be gotten by using one of the streams! BannaOJ almost fell in trying to cross a bridge from the outside, and Steve was trying to use the putter as a pool cue.

We decided to skip the Beef-A-Roo (although Tom seemed almost sad despite his protestations) and head to the Cheddars since it was a chain most of the other had never been to and was likely to have something for everyone. Celia and Bill met us at the restaurant and I don't even think we managed to scare Bill too much! Yaay! Perhaps he might be convinced to come to future gatherings?

We condensed cars and headed to the show. I got a brief ride in Steve and BannaOJ's new Spyder, and we took that little detour so I could have a bit longer of a ride and speed to catch up with you guys. [Taunt]

Weird Al opened with an act, Circus Boy, that Dan_Raven easily could have bettered, although he was still fun.

What can I say about the show except WOW! It was an amazing show! I think perhaps it was a bit rap-heavy for his new material, but absolutely amazing. I think every one of us really enjoyed the show.

Catsmeow was smart enough to have brought earplugs, but the rest of us were very deaf afterwards. We met briefly back at Vana and Lime's and headed home or to hotels to sleep.

Tom will have pictures up shortly. [Smile]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Man I don't remeber any of the good out of context quotes we had either... Wait there was one where Vana said
"The boys' balls are yellow"

AJ

Christy
Member # 4397

Anna, I mentioned that I had gotten the last blue ball and Dan told me he wasn't even going to touch that one! [Smile]

There were quite a few at the house, though, that I don't remember.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Pics: http://www.plastic-castle.com/tom/photos/hatrack.shtml

[ August 24, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's this?
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
That picture did the equivalent of getting included in a roll by mistake. [Smile] It's a state park in Wisconsin, midway between Madison and Milwaukee.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, god. that is the worste picture of me ever to appear on the internet.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
We made it safely home too. Do you know how difficult it is to drive while laughing? I kept thinking about our get together and break into giggles all the way home.

Some of the remembered lines:

"Why aren't there any golf related super heroes?"
"There was one they named a sandwich after. Didn't you ever hear of Par Boy?"

"Bill do you want a user name for tonight."
"No. I see no purpose in getting a name that I will never answer too."
"Then you don't want to get married."

"Its like ____________ but with more breasts." I can't remember the name of the game that fills in that blank.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I am finally home. I stopped in Cedar Rapids to visit my brother, and then in Ames, and called a friend to ask if she needed anything from the grocery store since I was in Ames, then stopped at her house to deliver it. And got suckered into staying and playing games. Yay!

The only thing I don't like about Hatrack gatherings is leaving. We need to do a whole weekend sometime so we can stay up all night talking and not have to worry about driving home.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw him today (tonight) in MN!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! (prob'ly woulda been cooler to see it with you all, but I had an excellent time)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan> Hopefully not Tomb Raider... [Wink]
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I think the game with breasts being referred to was some sort of beach volleyball nitendo game. I can't remember what the other game was.

I have updated the thread title to reflect events.
[Big Grin]

AJ

TomDavidson
Member # 124

I believe, speaking as one of the geeks present, that Dead and Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball was like Mission Hill with more breasts. [Smile]

But we'd really need Dan and Julie to confirm that.

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill wanted to make sure I told you all that he had a good time. He was especially fond of AJ. Of course, since we only joined you just before the show and took off shortly after, we only got to interact with a few of you.

I think the most memorable moment for him was when Tom decided to try to befriend the girl sitting next to our group, who had come all alone. That's one of those things Bill would never do, and was momentarily horrified to see someone else do to some poor stranger next to him. Did you see his expression when you said, "there will be a quiz later?"

Of course, Bill may have thought you were serious about the quiz since you made me guess who everyone was [Big Grin] I think I did pretty well.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Yes. Mission HIll. Someone was talking about a "shopping" game that was, "like Mission Hill, but with more breasts." That was going to be the title of our thread.

2) Celia, you did a great job getting everyone's name. I had been there since about 1, and still can't remember who was who.

3) The Coronado THeater, by the way, is a jewel.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
eek! i read this two days after it happens! :: sobs :: jeni! why didn't you tell me?!?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

It was at the Coronado!? Damn, now I really wish I was there, that's a beautiful theater. I saw the all-school production of The Wiz there last year. My little cousin was in it. (She was a munchkin. Aw.)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

My insanity makes people fond of me!

(clings to that thought.. maybe there is hope for me after all)

[Wink]
AJ

Vána
Member # 3262

I found it! Yes!

Sorry, guys. I've been traipsing about the US and Canada, and am just now back on the internet.

The game I compaired Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball to was Harvest Moon. They're both shopping/make friends games, but DoA:X has more breasts. [Smile] It's true!

Dan and I had a blast hanging out with all of you, and I'm glad so many of you enjoyed little Valentine (the kitten) and the Coronado! And the show was very fun, I must agree.

And Tom, next time you're in Rockford, we'll be sure to take you to Beef-A-Roo. I went there for lunch today, actually! [Big Grin] Best onion rings in the world. Yum.

I'm still kinda scatterbrained from my trip, so that's all I'll say right now. I'm just glad I found the reports from everyone else (though it sure took me long enough!).

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
This is, like, the twentieth picture of Glynn I've seen in this position.

Looks like you guys had a blast. [Smile]

If I had been there, I would have pwnd you at miniature golf.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

That's a picture from the last gathering. I was confused, since Glynn wasn't at the most recent one. But we did have fun. At both of them.

Ralphie, you'll just have to plan your next vacation to the Midwest and mini-golf with us.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yessie, ma'am. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

There's a gathering in the midwest? COOL BEANS!! I wanna come. My grandma, as I stated earlier this thread, lives in Rockton!

Ralphie, come to the midwest and see me! We can compare racks!

[ August 28, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Christy
Member # 4397

Sorry, guys! The pictures above the line are from the first gathering and below the line are from the recent Rockford gathering. And as someone also already found out, Tom snuck a random picture of me when we went to Glacier Morraine State Park into the group as well. Silly boy!
Christy
Member # 4397

Oh, and Vana, we'd love to see your pictures too at some point. We seem to have gotten mostly pictures while we were mini golfing and split up into groups. Hence the pictures mostly of Dan and Cindy and Dana.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.