FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FANTASY FOOTBALL!!! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
There will be an open call for participants when the league is opened. Could be a while if Shlo went to camp this summer like he did last year, though. I did the Second Half Fantasy Baseball at Yahoo, head to head scoring. After losing badly my first week, I've since roared back to legitimacy thanks to an offensive explosing and pitchers not sucking. Injuries have me down on that side, as I have Tim Hudson, Kevin Brown, and Josh Beckett. Spot starting Doug Davis and Jose Contreras (post familial defection) and the waiver wire grab of Kris Benson are all that saved me.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Eventually the league and password will be posted and the first 20 to sign up are in, unless we don't reach that number like last year and then you just have to sign up before the draft.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
can you stop talking about crappy baseball?
if you want to talk about a crapy sport,
try starting a crappy sport thread.
first y'all will start talking baseball,
and next it'll be the bicycle crap.

No Crappy Sport Talk!

<T>

<<<Go Texas Rangers!>>>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

We've gotta talk about SOMETHING to fill the time until football is here.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
How about a discussion on the great crop of receivers coming into the NFL?

Fitzgerald or Williams?

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
And their really tight pants!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Both will be good, but neither will have the breakout like Anquan Boldin did. I'm curious to see what Lee Evans does opposite a healthy Eric Moulds (with a better offensive coach).
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Squee! Lee Evans!

Sorry, I just get excited when I see his name. Call it four years of habit.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Is that a good reaction or a bad one?
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Antsports.com allows you to practice w/mock drafts. Also has money leagues available.

I'm a big fan of Lee Evans as well, thought he was gonna be huge value on draft day because of the knee issues, wasn't huge value, but still a good pick.

Roy Williams has all word talent but lacks heart, at least up to this point in his career. He just hasn't played up to expectation, the Texas QB situation certainly could have played a role in that, though.

Fitzgerald should be very special, but like KRob, he didn't log enough college time, so he may be VERY raw. Supposedly he's a much smarter and harder working guy than KRob though.

Reggie Williams is a dark horse, picked earlier than expected, he should be very productive, but he may have the lowest ceiling of all the players.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, ESPN and the Miami Herald's Dan le Betard are reporting Ricky Williams is retiring. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
[Wall Bash] [Grumble] [Angst] [Frown] [Cry]

Go Dolphins anyways!!! [The Wave]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I had to check 2 sources before I believed it. Wow. The Bills are now guaranteed NOT to finish last, at the very least. [Wink]
Carrie
Member # 394

I haven't been this surprised since Barry Sanders left. I, too, had to wait for verification before I could believe it.

Why can't I have a one-way ticket to Asia for no good reason?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

As I heard it on the talk radio today - they must have some good weeeeeed over there.
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Another Bump. I'll be attending drafts on the 15th of August, and the 5th of September, and probably the 28th of August.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Also appear to be drafting on the fourth of September in my local money league.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

SHLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you????

graywolfe
Member # 3852

Crying into his beer over the sad state of the Marlins (as I predicted). But take heart, in the knowledge that the Marlins got over BIG TIME at the trade deadline. They may not be winning anything this year, as I expected, but they got some nice assets at the deadline to further build around.
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
So, will there be a Hatrack league this season?
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

I Imagine so. Just waiting to hear about it, and keeping the topic on the front page periodically.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

And then the Marlins may lose Pavano, Benitez, Beckett, and others. [Frown]
TheTick
Member # 2883

First preseason game tonight!
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Bump because the first preseason game has passed and I haven't seen Shlomo post for months and months.
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
I joined a fried's league. I had, and still have, no idea what is going on. I picked people with funny names.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I'm still hoping he shows soon, nfl.
Carrie
Member # 394

You and me both.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's off doing something productive for the summer without a lot of internet access but I can't remember what...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Well, we'll keep this up here daily or thereabouts to keep the topic around. I've got enough leagues to play in already, but I like the participation in here, lots of teams (though some seem to take the season off)and an interesting system that's different from my other five leagues last year and my seven leagues this year.
TheTick
Member # 2883

Sound like a plan. Here's an interesting tidbit...if you ever wanted to play in a Fanball.com Keeper league but hated to pay, you do so for free now, sponsored by AOL. Here's the site, giving access to normal draft and auction leagues for free.

In Bills news, GM Tom Donahoe (and Travis Henry) made some comments recently that lend some credence to the 'trade Henry if McGahee does well' rumors.

graywolfe
Member # 3852

and another bump for good measure.
Carrie
Member # 394

Bump?
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Does anyone know Shlo?

Or his mom?

Can we get in contact them?

Last year, he kind of prepped us all before he left...

Time is ticking.

There will BE a hatrack league this year.

It's perfer it if Shlo ran it.

...but it will survive none the less.

<T>

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Questions:

How long do we wait for Shlomo?

Who's willing to run it if Shlomo never shows?

resnos
Member # 6730

- posted      Profile for resnos           Edit/Delete Post 
man...if i weren't already in two leagues and a pick 'ums league i would join up. maybe next year.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

[Wink] , I'm in eight leagues, four for money.
graywolfe
Member # 3852

maybe last bump before season goes in cr@pper?
TheTick
Member # 2883

I have one more slot on yahoo if you want me to create it.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

We still have some time left. And it is even possible to start the league after the season starts. I would still be willing to just create a league now and turn control over to Shlomo when/if he comes back. At this point though, I'm sure how many people are interested.
Carrie
Member # 394

I'm still interested...
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be very interested!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I can tell some people are interested but it doesn't seem like we'll have anywhere close to 20 or even last year's 14. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, it could just mean more available talent.

I created a league
League ID: 536858
Password: ender

If no one joins it or Shlomo comes back I'll just delete it. Don't pay attention to any settings because I plan on changing it to whatever the people in the league want especially since I realize that I don't have the "authority" that Shlomo did although I did have a very large say in the settings last year as I was (if I remember correctly) the only one who listed a preference for every setting last year and everyone else just listed a few major ones or copied mine.

If we could find a good time for everyone I would love to do a live draft either on Yahoo! or offline but if that's not possible I'll be fine with doing auto again.

Carrie
Member # 394

I'm signed up and ready to go. I'd be fine with an auto draft as well, mostly because trying to find time for a live one is rather a pain.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

My idea for a "live" draft that I think was proposed last time (not by me) would be to do it on Hatrack over a long period of time. We could set up a thread with a lenient maximum time to post your pick (order determined randomly) and you would be able to change your pick as long as the next person hasn't gone yet.

Unfortunately this might take too long and there could be problems if people delete their posts or something.

Another idea that was proposed last time (again not by me) would be to have a series of mini drafts setting aside smaller time frames but on multiple days. This seems a tad complicated to me but if we could work it out then it would be fine with me.

What I definitely don't want is a live draft where some people can't participate because that puts them at a huge disadvantage and could encourage them to give up and I hate those zombie teams.

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll join but if ya don't mind, tell me how to sign in to it... [Dont Know]
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

First you need a yahoo! account which is free. The you need to go to sign up for free fantasy football. Then you need to go to join a league, then join a custom league, then follow the directions. You'll need the password and league ID which I already posted.
graywolfe
Member # 3852

I'm in, I prefer a live draft. Just can't see myself setting the pre-rankings again as I'm gonna be really busy. Also may be travelling out of state which could be a problem, but I'll keep you updated.

Come on people, we need more to join, had 20 teams in '02, and 16 last year. Let's have some fun again this year.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

As soon as we either get 20 or a suitable amount with time before the season. People should post what times that they'll be able to take part in a live draft and then we'll see if we have a chance at making it work.

In the mean time I'm going create some settings and people can post whatever they want changed.

graywolfe
Member # 3852

Cool, thanks for taking command, I definitely appreciate it.
TheTick
Member # 2883

I'm in. One thing I noticed, are players being penalized for fumbles they lose, or just fumbles in general?
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Right now players are punished for fumbles and then extra if its lost. I know in the first season this was a major problem because a fumble was worth like 15 points, but I changed it so that it will only total 4, not be 2 for the fumble plus another 4 for losing it. For those of you who don't understand a player loses 2 points for any fumble. If the fumble is lost he loses another 2 points. If people don't like this I will change it. Like I said democracy rules. Still hope Shlomo reappears soon.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.