FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Welcome to Shira

Author Topic: A Welcome to Shira
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

I just wanted to welcome Shira to hatrack... welcome Shira! Hope you enjoy this place!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*welcomes Shira*

Hiya! [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Shira! I love that name. [Big Grin]

<-- has a Shira asleep in the next room.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Shira!

Speech! Speech!

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shira
Member # 5469

- posted      Profile for Shira   Email Shira         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone, wow I've never heard of this place but it sounds like there are nice people. HAHA I'm not sure what to do from here, so I think you all should lead the way
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome.

You have three main responsibilities here as a new member.

1) Admire Ralphie or Celia or JonBoy.
2) Laugh at all of Bob_Scopatz's threads. Especially laugh at the serious ones. That really confuses him.
3) Hang around until Slash comes through and devours you. Don't worry, it only hurts a little bit, and can tickle some as well.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shira
Member # 5469

- posted      Profile for Shira   Email Shira         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, thank you very much Dan_raven that was very good to know, haha, I'm so glad that I know what the situation is! hehe, [Razz]
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Shira: Don't let these guys fool you:

They really are pretty cool.

Welcome! [Smile]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Beware of my sword.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about KAMA, she's not real.

Have fun [Smile]

((((Shira))))

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Am I to the point where I now have my own admirers? [Cool]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

No, we all hate you, go away [Wink]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! And my advice to you is to ignore any advice anyone gives you on this thread
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a second, Dan. Bob has some serious posts? Crazy!
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome from the Moose household as well, Shira. And I advise you to take heed of what Toretha said.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*combusts from self referential thread*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, if we do waht toretha says then we would not take her seriously, but if we do not take her seriously then we must take Papa Moose seriously and if we take him seriously, we must take Toretha seriously. Help my brain hurts.

Or what Fugu said.

[ July 28, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Head Ditch Digger ]

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Shira, welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darwin
Member # 5473

- posted      Profile for Darwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. You'll get the hang of this place sooner or later....

or at least that's what they tell me.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Shira,

No matter what he might say, Jon Boy is not for admiring, he is for abusing. Never miss out on an opportunity to do things like this: ::flicks Jon Boy's left earlobe::

See? Just like this.

::flick, flick, flick::

Hmm? Was I saying something?

Oh yeah, welcome, Shira.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon, we all know that you just have a hard time expressing your true feelings. You just pick on me to show that you care. You shouldn't be ashamed of your feelings like that. As we can clearly see, I have hordes of admirers. You shouldn't be afraid to be one of them.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- admires Jon Boy [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Let's follow this one a bit further. I am clearly a third grade boy who is having trouble expressing his emotions. That must make you the girl I like.

I guess I can deal with that. Do you want to be my girlfriend, Juanita?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Shira. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you stay. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! In addition to Slash eating you, Trogdor should be by to burninate you soon, if he hasn't done so already.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Shira! Aha, yet another one of us from Bloomington joins the ranks, oh well, heres my advice, stick to the last post thread, because you never have to say anything coherent, oh, and carry a lot of weapons with you in hatrack, because a lot of people get eaten, of hit with picakxes. [Wink]
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome...and don't be nervous. If the first few times you respond to a thread with your opinion and no one responds, it's completely normal!

At least, I hope it's normal. Then again, it has been a few years... [Angst]

Oh yeah, anyway, hope you enjoy the place. [Smile]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
*shoots Rhaegar with flamethrower*
No more Last Post! It's evil, I tell you, EVIL!
*gets back to playing Halo*

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Notorious Shira
Member # 6089

- posted      Profile for Notorious Shira   Email Notorious Shira         Edit/Delete Post 
sounds lovely...since i know Rhaegar i think i want to hit him with a bow....a bow that some lovely elf left behind just for me! **lalala**
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Yes Rhaegar, but see, Shira doesn't have a problem speaking coherently the way you do. [Taunt]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

Welcome, dearest Shira, to this place we like to call "Hatrack." It is our home -- a virtual home where all and sundry can either behave like family or like idiots.

[Razz]

Anyway, welcome once again! I hope you enjoy Hatrack as much as I do!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Or like family AND idiots.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused...is Shira and Notorious Shira the same person? Because if so, I think I welcomed her twice. [Confused]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Notorious Shira
Member # 6089

- posted      Profile for Notorious Shira   Email Notorious Shira         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the same person, people preferred to call me Shira because it is shorter, but thank you for double the welcome...! [Smile]
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it pronounced Sheer-uh

or Shire-uh

Or maybe Shire-ae or Sheer-ae.

Anyway, hello again!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
*Pulls our pickaxe*

And you'd thought I had stooped using this eh LAF? Hah!

*Thwacks LAF with pickaxe* Insolent child!

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I'm getting flashbacks of She-Ra and He-man over here.

Welcome, Shira! Party On!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
*smashes beer bottle on table, stabs Rhaegar repeatedly, then brutally decapitates him with rusted chainsaw*
<-Probably crossed a line

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.