FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Where is hell?

Author Topic: Where is hell?
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it on another planet? Is it in another galaxy? Is it in another dimension? Is it living without God?

Where is hell?

<T>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is in my sock drawer, right next to my pile of novelty shirts that I will never wear.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that hell is the state caused by not living with God and knowing that the reason why you aren't is because you chose to separate yourself from Him (through your actions).

[ August 01, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is a small town in Arizona.

or is that Missouri?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Michigan
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is having to live with the bad choices that you could change but you don't change.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is the final fulfillment of self-centeredness...
quote:
Then when this kindly world all round the man has been blackened out like a lie; when friends fade into ghosts, and the foundations of the world fail... then the great individualistic motto shall be written over him in avenging irony. The stars will be only dots in the blackness of his own brain; his mother's face will be only a sketch from his own insane pencil on the walls of his cell. But over his cell shall be written, with dreadful truth, "He believes in himself."
It's from Chesterton, of course.
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
ps. Remind me never to borrow socks from Eslaine. [Evil]
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Right here.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
of course, with DoomIII due out soon, the real answer is "Phobos"
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell? Ugghhh. Something smells like sulfer . . .
Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have it on good authority from a friend that Hell is in the Philippines.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it now?

*is Filipino-American*

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is an exciting folk tale, on par with Valhalla and Middle Earth.

Jeff

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
hell is merely one in a large set of brilliant creations by matt groening.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan--

To access the sock drawer, you must first cross the subterranean river of Pesto, and you must either avoid or defeat the three-headed persian kitten known only as "Scooter".

I can see why you would hesitate.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. ALL you folks have a real talent for serious comment [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell seems to be pretty much wherever my brother is.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is a place on Earth. Wait. No, that's not right. Heaven is. Hmmm...Or maybe they both are. Or something. Anyway, the thing I really want to know is, where is Purgatory?
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Somewhere next to Brahma and Witchita.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
hell as suggested in the bible doesn't exist unless gods an asshole. WHich i highly doubt. God seems like an intelligent cool guy.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand there is a Hell in Russia somewhere.

As for the other, I suppose one could say that it is in another dimension.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is my room.

OH CRAP!
*runs out of Hatrack b/c she just remembered that company is coming tomorrow*

It's spring cleaning time for Hell!

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Hell is the same thing every day.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Down.

[Evil]

[ August 07, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EllenM
Member # 5447

- posted      Profile for EllenM           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, is starting a tread and having it stomped into the ground, with in 10-20 posts. [Smile]
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is actually in Heaven.

http://www.caymanislands.ky/tour_guide/about_grand.asp

And I have been to both places.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.