FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LA Hatracker picnic: Anybody want to play? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LA Hatracker picnic: Anybody want to play?
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to work on Friday and I won't get off work on Thursday until 6 or 7, so I don't think Juliette and I will be able to make it on the 21st. But we ought to be able to do Sunday. Just let me know where; email address is in the profile.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Directions for Sunday have been sent to saxon and Moose. Kat, if you tell me where you'll be coming from, I can send you directions; otherwise, I'll just send you my address.

Who else needs directions?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like 5 miles from Sandy -- we'd better try to get her there.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

That would be great, Pop. You mean NdRa, yes? Should I email her?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes - I haven't heard from her. Has anyone seen her?

I am so excited! porce, I need to talk to my friend that I'm staying with. I'm not exactly sure where it is.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] This is great.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Looks like Sandy hasn't been on Hatrack for a couple weeks. I'll send her an email.
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, Sandy is planning on coming, and she might bring Emily along.

Since no one else has suggested an actual time for Sunday, might I suggest one-ish, if that works for everyone?

katharina
Member # 827

Yay! That sounds great. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Approves of one-ish.>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
kat-
What time does your flight get in on Thursday?

Moose- When you say "early" allows you to bring Carl, what time does early mean?

I'm pretty flexible, so I really have no preference except to want it to be as convenient for as many as possible.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Well, if I bring Mooselet, I really should leave by around 7:00. Thus, I'd hope for it to be early enough that I'd get to spend a good chunk o' time wit' the Shinda-ers. If it doesn't start until 5-6PM, I can probably get someone to watch Mooselet for the last couple of hours before Mama gets home, and I can stay much later. Bottom line, I'd be good with the time of the first one -- noon to one, or even earlier. Mooselet will probably go napless again if we do that, but even sleep-deprived he's a pretty agreeable kid.

Since some people actually have jobs, that time on a non-holiday Thursday might be pointless, though.

--Pop

katharina
Member # 827

I get in... *rummages through desk* at 11:30 AM - so I'm good at almost any time. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, an 11:30 arrival time at LAX (or is it Burbank?) means making it out to where the cars are at about 12, most likely. Kat said something about renting a car, which takes time too. Plus time to get out to LadyDove's.

Of course, the rest of us could all already be there waiting . . . [Wink]

Pretty much any time works for me.

rivka
Member # 4859

*bump*
LadyDove
Member # 3000

How about we start at 1:30?

Let me know if I've missed someone, and if there's a "?" by your name, please confirm or deny that you'll be joining our happy Shinda:

Kat- [Smile]
Pop & Mooselette- [Smile]
Squirrel & Popette- [Frown]
rivka & rivkettes- [Smile]
Ralphie & Dan- [Cry]
Mike & Juliette- [Smile]
flish - [Frown]
brettly - ?
jd2 - ?
littlemiss - [Frown]
docmagik - ?

rivka- What can I have available that you & your kids can eat?

[ August 18, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
L-dove,

what is the date and time and location for this? (went through thread in uncharacteristic flish-fashion and can't keep the the details straight).

I can't make the 24th as I have a house-warming party in culver city to attend.

flish/mike

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

flish-
Thursday 8/21 at my house 1:30PM - ?

filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
LD,

thanks for the update!

*gurgle*

I'm officially starting my new job this coming Monday. Normally, late-week afternoons are a good time to blow off, but not sure during the first week of new employment.

*argh*

flish

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the shindig. I am going to be in the L. A. area from Sunday (tomorrow) through Wednesday. I had hoped to stretch the trip an extra day in order to attend, but scheduling doesn't permit. Drat. [Cry]

But I'll be thinking of you all. Have a great time.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Rivka & the Rivkettes... [ROFL] sounds like a 50s girl band.

And "Popette"! [Big Grin]

LadyDove, I'll AIM you. Thanks for asking!

katharina
Member # 827

Three days and counting... [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
saxon75
Member # 4589

It looks like Juliette and I will be able to make it on Thursday, although we'll be rather late. Not sure if we'll be able to do Sunday anymore, though; we have some unexpected out-of-town guests coming in.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Okay, its the day after tomorrow. I was talking to my friend and explaining to her why I have plans for when I'm there. *grin*

Okay, according to my understanding, we are gathering at LadyDove's house on Thursday at 1:30. I have directions to her house in my e-mail.

Also, there is a shindig at rivka's on Sunday at 1:00pm. Is this correct? Sara and Emily may come?

Also, I need to write porce. I haven't yet. I'm doing that right now. I'm not sure why I'm posting this part, except perhaps as a public atonement.

[Smile] This is so cool. [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

Yup, my house, Sunday, one-ish. [Big Grin] Sandy said she will be coming, but it's moving day, so she'll be late. She was going to let me know about Emily.

Oh! And kat, I never emailed you directions, because you never told me where you'll be coming from. So I'll just email you a map. [Smile]

Looking forward to Thursday and Sunday. It is indeed, very cool. [Cool]

LadyDove
Member # 3000

It was so nice to get to spend time with Kat. She is bright, warm and understated. When she called her friend and said she "lived" in Whittier, I knew she was comfortable. [Smile]

rivka- It was wonderful to get the time to chat one-on-one. I'm so glad you brought your kids (I just love their names!)

Mike, Juliette, Pop and Carl were their normal charming selves.

Ralphie made a phone in appearance (it just wouldn't have been a Shinda without her ) Ralphie, just in case you were wondering, Kat can take Jake's room, the guest room is still yours. [Kiss]

Sorry this is so brief, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone before leaving on vacation.

rivka
Member # 4859

Thanks for hosting us again, LadyDove. [Smile] I had a great time, and so did my kids. Have a great vacation!
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for calling me and making me feel warm and squishy! ("It just wouldn't have been a Shinda without her." [Blushing] )

Have a great vacation Christine, Paul, John and Jake. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Pfff. Ralphie's trying to cover up her loserness by acting like she's too good to talk to me on the phone.

Anyway, I ended up getting very few photos this time around, but Juliette managed to get a completely precious one of Mooselet and rivka's daughter.

John totally schooled me at air hockey. He was crowned King Biggie Super Mega Ultra Champion of Shinda III Air Hockey. Paul also thoroughly destroyed me. I made myself feel better by beating everyone else. (::thumps chest:: Me big strong man!)

Christine and Paul, thanks again for having us over. You are among the most hospitable people I've ever encountered and I really enjoyed myself both times. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation!

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

[Eek!]

Mooselet and rivka don't have a daughter, silly saxon.

saxon75
Member # 4589

[Big Grin]
Lazer King
Member # 4580

- posted      Profile for Lazer King           Edit/Delete Post 
John speaking,I was a host! [Cool] We had a party! [Party]
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

And tomorrow, we meet again. [Big Grin]

If there was someone I was supposed to send directions and didn't, or who suddenly realizes they can come after all, please email me.

quote:
Mooselet and rivka don't have a daughter, silly saxon.
[ROFL] [ROFL] I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! [Wink]
katharina
Member # 827

I'm back!!! *runs around hugging everybody*

LA was fabulous. LadyDove and rivka were absolutely wonderful hosts, Papa Moose has the ability to embarass me with my own words as easily in person as at Hatrack [Wink] , and Mooselet is completely darling, with long eyelashes that place him in the "veritably to be envied" category. It was great to meet saxon75 and Juliette, and to see Mama Squirrel again. Julliette and Mama Squirrel need to post much more often. I'm sorry I missed the other LA Hatrackers - LA will call to me again, I'm sure. This was a fabulous trip. [Smile]

I also got to spend lots of time with my friend, and that was great. I figure that waking time was about 60 hours for the vacation, and we talked for almost 50 of that. I'm exhausted. It was wonderful. [Smile] I need sisters, dangit.

We were college roommates for just three months one summer, but this was a "renewing old ties" trip that was completely worth it. She's in the biochemistry doctorate program at UC Riverside working on multiple sclerosis, and I got to go in with her one day and inject mice with cells and protein. Very fun. Almost made me miss the lab; my research was much, much more boring. My friend is getting married in a month, and while she's not really into internet interaction, she's going to try to send her husband here. [Smile]

[Group Hug]

I AM trying to block out the last 24 hours, though. I got to the airport in time for my 10:30 flight to discover the flight actually left at 2:30; I'd remembered wrong. This is not fun, but not tragic - I have certainly made the same mistake before, only then the flight left four hours before I got to the airport. Once everyone was boarded on the plane, we were informed of bad weather at the destination airport and it was better to wait on the runway in California instead of in the air at Dallas. They kept saying "just 30 more minutes", so the result was two hours on the runway. Did you know the airconditioner doesn't work correctly on ground power?

Flight was fine. We landed at 9:30pm. Due to a very long line of planes waiting for gates, we finally exited the plane at 2:00am, and that was out the back and onto the runway. A friend was picking me up, and she stayed at the airport from 9:00pm to 2:00am. I need to make her cookies.

The airport charged her for five hours of parking.

This morning, I got a flat tire on the way to work. The tire was ruined and needed to be replaced. I'm just blocking out the past 24 hours. [Smile]

It's nice to be back! [Group Hug]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice to have you back, sweetie.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Welcome back to Hatrack, though in person you're pretty cool, too.

Next time there's a gathering, I really need to bring a notepad. There are such wonderful "out of context" opportunities every time.

--Pop

rivka
Member # 4859

[Eek!] I would block them out too! [edit: kat's unfortunate 24 hours, not the out of context opportunities -- those are great] Glad you made it back safe, though.

It was great seeing you in person, and you surely will come back again -- we're definitely going to hold you to that. [Big Grin]

[ August 27, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
It was great meeting you too, Kat. I'm sorry about all the traveling troubles and the flat tire. What a horrible welcome home. Its good that you enjoyed your trip to L.A. though.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.
-Juliette

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.