FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Jon Boy discipleship sign-up thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Jon Boy discipleship sign-up thread
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
celia, I understood the joke. I was just pointing things out to the viewing audience who might not know what I do.

Now run along and look at some breasts or something.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Kasie. I thought you were just mocking my stance in the gay marriage thread.

*shakes*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I was just poking fun at the crazy arguing that was going on over there. I didn't mean it against you in particular.

But I still like the idea of Zal's good looking cult [Big Grin]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Two pages in nearly record time.

It just goes to show that it takes the resistance of a giant to avoid making fun of Jon Boy in one of his own posturing threads.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

No, I think it just goes to show that even those who mock me must have some sort of thing for me. Obviously, you just can't handle your attraction to me, so you deal with it by mocking me, which simultaneously improves your own faltering self-esteem.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

afr, I was having fun with kat's involvement in the gay marriage thread and the purple one with the purse and ... [Dont Know]

Would somebody like to start writing my jokes for me? Mine aren't too good.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Just ask Ralphie where she hired her monkeys.
zgator
Member # 3833

quote:
which simultaneously improves your own faltering self-esteem.
Good night, Jon Boy!

Wow, I really can feel my self-esteem building back up.

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
who let you have self esteem? [Razz]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I still like the idea of Zal's good looking cult.
Yeah, me too, Kasie. [Smile]

Oooh, maybe I'm fickle. [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

You know, I don't find the whole "Good night, Jon Boy" thing to be mocking, especially since that's how I got the nickname in the first place. I wouldn't have picked a nickname that was so obviously tied to something that could be used to mock me.

Sheesh, Zan. Your insults are even worse than your jokes.

zgator
Member # 3833

quote:
who let you have self esteem?
My wife. She takes it back on the weekends, though.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute - you want to be my minion because you were fired from your other two minion gigs?

Sheesh! The quality of the applicants these days!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

No no no! I want to be your minion because you're cool. I want to study under your expert tutelage.
katharina
Member # 827

*looks at him blankly*

What do you expect to learn?

I'll an essay of intent and three recommendations.

[ August 07, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

and now that you're unemployed, you just happen to have the time? [ROFL]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I have to write an essay? Ugh. Maybe I'll just settle for being your evil triplet.
Eliza Bennet
Member # 4493

- posted      Profile for Eliza Bennet   Email Eliza Bennet         Edit/Delete Post 
My dear, I worship the very ground you walk on. Or hover over. Or whatever. [Kiss]

Although, I'm not sure discipleship is the best option for me right now. Do you really want me to end up just like you?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Darcy
Member # 4958

- posted      Profile for Mr. Darcy   Email Mr. Darcy         Edit/Delete Post 
See! I knew someone here loved me.

I think you're deserving of something much better than mere discipleship.

Oh, and [Kiss] back atcha.

[ August 07, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Darcy ]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

why isn't there a puking smilie?
Mr. Darcy
Member # 4958

Wow, celia. That was almost as funny as when I used the same line on Saxon.

[ August 07, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Darcy ]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

oh, so sorry that i don't keep track of your every post. i mean, i try, but i'm running out of skin to tattoo them onto. and i can't even see several of them to read.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude! Why are you going around kissing Saxon? I'm horribly jealous!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Darcy
Member # 4958

I seem to remember you kissing me first, dude.
saxon75
Member # 4589

So? That makes it OK for you to two-time me with that cheap, name-capitalizing floozy?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

What? When I say "Saxon," I mean you. Storm Saxon is Storm. Everyone knows that, except for whoever it was that called him saxon or sax or whatever.
saxon75
Member # 4589

So, is this like that thing you do to Kayla where you respond seriously to her jokes, or did you really not see this one?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I really must not have seen this one. I thought you were assuming I was talking about using that line about the puking smiley on Storm Saxon. Now I'm thoroughly lost.
saxon75
Member # 4589

I hereby declare the last six posts to be invalid according to Paragraph 2, Subsection 6 of the Uniform Code of Hatrack Justice, which states that any serious of posts intended to be funny but were based on a misunderstanding of the subject matter may be invalidated at any time after said misunderstanding is detected. Invalid posts must be ignored for perpetuity once they have been so designated.
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote that that post be taken out and shot.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rat Girl
Member # 4893

- posted      Profile for Rat Girl   Email Rat Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Going back a bit, the first smilie of the "Monkeys" series looks a little green around the gills [Monkeys] . And one could imagine the "Taunt" [Taunt] smilie is spewing forth some red food substance instead of its tongue. Mr. "Rolleyes" [Roll Eyes] looks a little nauseated too.

[ August 07, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Rat Girl ]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now I'm thoroughly lost.
Hmm. . . close, but not quite right.

Did you think about, "I'm thoroughly lost at least 99.5% of the time"? [ROFL]

quote:
So, is this like that thing you do to Kayla where you respond seriously to her jokes
sax, I'm really glad you said something about this. I was starting to think I was the only one who noticed that. [Kiss]

[Party]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks around questioningly*

Is it too late to sign up?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Kayla, apparently you missed it when I explain why I respond seriously to your jokes. It was something along the lines of weirding you out and watching you get all flustered.

No, Rivka, it's never too late to sign up.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

[Hail] [Hail]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

You mean like that? [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*snickers*
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Exactly like that. It's so much more fun to treat everything you say as if it were serious.

[ August 08, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, no chance.

People, follow me. I've got candy.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy by decree of your former master you are to become my minion, and therefore, unless I give you permission you are to correct my english mistakes and worship only myself.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

you mean "English mistakes" not "english mistakes"

ack! the cult has me!

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Reasons to become Jon Boy's disciple:

1. He has great taste in women
2. To get one more step closer to celia
3. Because if you're a good acolyte, he may let you use one of his alternate nicks
4. Because he shows exceptional range in his Hatrack postings, ranging from fluff to serious to discussions to more fluff
5. Because he studied under Master Patrick and like Pat he is what the Romanians would call 'cumsecade' [pronounced "koom-say-caw-day"]-- it means he's a nice, easygoing guy [literally, cumsecade = how it falls]
6. He wants to be a writer and what's more fun than be a research assistant/copyeditor/flunkey?
7. That quick sense of humor
8. For the crepes
9. He knows Gaelic
10. If you get really lucky, he may take you streaking with him

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Editor-in-Chief
Member # 5014

- posted      Profile for The Editor-in-Chief   Email The Editor-in-Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jon Boy by decree of your former master you are to become my minion, and therefore, unless I give you permission you are to correct my english mistakes and worship only myself.
Jon Boy, by decree of your former master, you are to become my minion, and therefore, unless I give you permission, you are to correct my English mistakes and worship only me.

How's that?

Posts: 100 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ah, beautiful Gaelic! My favorite phrase is "Tha mi a fuireach anns an taigh-osda" ("I live in the toilet").

When I learned that one, I had no idea that I would find use for it on an internet forum two and a half years later.

[ August 08, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, well I actually have a friend who knows Gaelic and can sing a song about a Seaweed Herders Daughter Falling in love in it.

It's called... Dulamon or something like that.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy: You show excellent pr instincts. How would you like help honing your skills? For a small fee, I'll do a full pr strategy/image consultation. With all the acolytes you have, I'm sure you can come up with 15, 20 grand.

[ August 08, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Zalmoxis ]

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Candidness? What's wrong with expressing my love of random Gaelic phrases?

The PR campaign sounds pretty good, though. I'm sure I can extort enough money from my minions, disciples and acolytes to pay for it.

Kayla
Member # 2403

I think he might be talking about the fact that you live in a bathroom. [Wink]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*pat pat*

Yes, Kayla. Of course that's what he meant.

Kayla
Member # 2403

Yeah, well, I knew that. I was just making sure you did. We all know you're a bit slow on the uptake. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.