FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm Ugly. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm Ugly.
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
<laughs> That really squicked me out too! <shudders>
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon: No, people don't get mad here, it's my friends who get mad at me. I think they're tired of hearing about how I don't have a boy, and I want one. [Razz]

And I have no idea why my colors etc. are not working... everything in my computer decided to break down and malfunction. My scanner doesn't work, my printer doesn't work, and my keyboard stopped too, so I took my dad's.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And there were LOTS and LOTS of people who would rather tease me than do just about anything else.
While I am one of those people who derive uncanny amounts of joy out of teasing Geoff, his post was pretty spot-on, Thor.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, if Xav's right, you can always date NON-Polish males. If you don't mind LDRs, I'm sure there are Hatrackers here who'd like the opportunity.
[Hat]

[Wink]

[Kiss]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Wowzers. Have I mentioned how much I love my Hatrack family? All you kids and even you adults are so kind, caring and filled with wisdom, you lift me up and you lighten my burdenous load.

One of the direct side effects of my loneliness has been to moan outloud about how lonely I am, and how much I would love a girl. This has allowed me to direct some of the more serious stress from a more serious problem...

--->"Crapcrud! I need a Job!"

...to my love, focus and romantization of love, girls, relationships, and the sweet, sweet kiss of a good woman.

This is good in a few ways.

One - It allows me to pour all of my heart into my songs, my poetry, and my writing.

Two - The screenplay I've been working on right now is about a guy who lost his true love and has been miserable without her. So my real life yearning feeds right into the screenplay and the Character is living in me and my mind. I feel his total loneliness and desire and need for true love and he feels mine.

The negative side effect -

People get tired of you moaning and whining about wanting, needing love, (unless you are very creative and comedic about it).

Hatrack allows me to spill my guts, and then usually you guys hand me my guts back all new and improved.

- Raia -

I pass to you what I give to myself, that if we have faith in Love, Love will have faith in us. If we reward Love, Love will reward us. If we give to Love, Love will give to us.

No matter how long it takes, patience, love and understanding are the things we must learn and live with.

- Geoffery -

That was one of the coolest, nice-est posts I've ever read at Hatrack. It's weird because I've always pictured us as an Ender/Bean type two-sides-of-the-coin parallel. You having a great strong family, strong straing and great breeding, me having to wade through the worst of the world, both attempting to get to the same place.

I think you hit a personal philosophy of mine, be as cool, kind and nice as possible, and then allow people to respond and gravitate towards you.

This doesn't always work and it hasn't worked much for me in the last 2 years.

I don't want anyone to think that I am exactly like the persona I aura out here at Hatrack. In real life, I am great at listening, great at maintaining respectful conversation, making sure that everyone is included and that all people and opinions are respected. I'm much more funny than serious.

...but...

here at Hatrack, something happens, something about writing brings out the THOR in me, the hammer swinging, let's discuss the issues that will save and change the world, here I am allowed to take out all my frustrations on the politicos of the world that I read, see and hear on TV or in the Newspaper or on the Radio.

Here I'm allowed to blow off all steam and let it all out. And that has me coming off like a BIG OLD JERK sometimes.

quote:
There are places where you fit.
That is what I am trying to find. My place in the world, where do I belong, and what can I do to improve all around me.

I'll be a bit of extra batty until I find this, and finding my niche has been tough, I've always been weird, or different, but it used to be easier to be more entertainingly sociopathic, now that I'm a 31 year old manchild, I stand out like Muhammed Ali at a Klu Klux Klan rally.

I think the hardest thing for me has been growing up, because it forces you to grow up and play by the already set rules, where a big part of me really wants to be Peter Pan til I die and doesn't understand why everyone doesn't understand this.

I've had serious, serious family issues my whole life, and I've usually be given a GREAT, GREAT group of friends to make up for this. From the kids in elementary and Jr. High who were all a pack of geniuses that helped me build worlds through all of our Dungeons and Dragons, Action Figure wars or stryraphone kinght battles, to my Army of Footballing friends (4th grade through Freshman year in College) to my best friends from Highschool, College and my Casket Carriers now.

I had about as good as adventures as any highschool kid could have with my gang.
The Gang

And my Early to middle 20's were an Amazing Epic Journey of Mythology with my Boys

The Boys

and then it all started to dissolve as everybody grew up, and got married and I spent a 90% of my time with this girl...

Jenny Penny Pony Icecream

Common Law Divorce is no party.

So now I'm faced with a strange future.

As the King of America and the World's Greatest filmmaker, what am I going to do?

The first thing is to say thank you, to everyone and give an extra special thanks to Geoffery and Tom Davidson who wrote something that touched me greatly.

Tom Davidson, Slash the Berserker may win Hatrack's popularity contest, but I really thing you are the best Cool Big Brother here. You are a great writer, and I want you to know that some of your words from the post here have made it into the suicide song.

I love you guys.

<<<THOR>>>

[ August 14, 2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: The Silverblue Sun ]

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Geoff, that was a great post. I'm really glad you're a part of Hatrack.

That said, dog secretary? What? I'm sick today, so maybe that's why, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm really, really curious though.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thor, thanks for the advice. I understand that patience and everything is essential, it's just really hard to come by sometimes...

When everyone else has experienced the wonderment of being with another person, and hardly any of my friends are single anymore, one tends to feel a bit left out of things.

(((((Thor)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Noemon)))

I hope it's the sort of not feeling well that leads to a little extra time reading in bed, a touch of melancholy broodiness (followed by a newfound hopeful optomism), and a lot of pampering from Mrs. Noemon. [Smile]

I was puzzled by that post, too. I think it has something to do with the "can't see the colors" part of the conversation, maybe combined with misidentification of post authors? [Confused]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Thor, it's awesome to watch you going through this personal metamorphism, and it's even better that you've found a family here to support you through it. [Group Hug]

[ August 14, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] Thanks CT! That's exactly the type of not feeling well--nothing serious. Unfortunately Mrs. Noemon is on a trip at the moment, and won't be back until Saturday evening, so I'm taking care of myself.

The color blind angle was the only thing I could come up with that seemed even vaguely plausible, but it still didn't quite add up. If there's author misidentification, like you suggested, that would probably explain it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon I figured it out, look in your post a couple before Geoff's: dog secretary= meatspace... Geoff got too cute in his gramatical correction and went over all our heads.

AJ

edit for incomprehensibility

[ August 14, 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Hmmm...I still don't get it. Where's the grammatical error in meatspace? And if there is one, how does the dog secretary figure in?
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I guess it was a spelling not a grammatical error and think he thought you meant metaspace instead of meatspace, on if you meant a "meat market" like a shopping mall etc then he misunderstood you.

AJ

And with the meat bit.. it's like one of those dog food commercial where the dog assumes everything edible is meat and it effects his outlook on the world accordingly.

[ August 14, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the dog comment it was a color blind thing. I was saying that Noemon can't see colors because everything is being relayed by a color-blind interpreter. It was a dumb joke, and I didn't put a lot of thought into it before I typed and sent it [Smile]
Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
*I* got it. <laughs> I guess it takes one... [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Shows what I get for trying to interpret the twists and turns of a game designer's mind.

So Noemon was the "meatspace" deliberate or not?

Plus Geoff it was Raia that has the color issue with her computer not Noemon unless they are the same person with different screen names. This was why I could only construe the comment to the "meatspace" bit.

AJ

[ August 14, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, god! My eyes! Is that... My legs! They're turning to salt! And my the rest of my body's turning to stone!

Okay, dude, here comes the obligatory compliment that you've been demanding. You're not THAT bad. I mean, you are, but I don't think I'm allowed to say so. But I've seen worse. Maybe you're bad in the social scene because you've got an inflated sense of your own charm? Or because you speak like you type? Or maybe you are charming and handsome, and just give out depressed vibes? I mean, I can't speak for the others, but getting depressed doesn't exactly make me horny or passionate.

And in that second picture, on the far left, is that a really feminine guy or a chick with a mustache?

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

As for you, Kama, I know you don't exist, but it's about time you took Tom's advice. DEFINITELY time to start dating outside of Europe. And when you do, start in Los Angeles.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Just buy me a ticket, Eddie [Wink]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmy
Member # 5518

- posted      Profile for Jimmy   Email Jimmy         Edit/Delete Post 
"The eye of the beholder is rarely in focus..." -Jon Young, a friend of mine

Self pity becomes no one, and is rarely really true. Beauty comes in thousands of diffrent forms, and the least important of all of them is physical. Let's not kid our selfs, it's influenciel, and a nice thing to have. But know that I would rather (if I have ever have a son) my son be a good man like you seem to be, then good looking and great with women. Listen to your fellow Hatrack members, it's obvious that in truth you are the farthest thing from ugly. You are beatiful on higher levels.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Ooh, Kama digs meee....

In your FACE, Hatrack!

Noemon
Member # 1115

No Banna, I'm definitely not Raia, unless we're both Cedonyms, of course.

I actually meant "meatspace", meaning corporial existence. I like your dogfood commercial interpretation though!

Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Plus Geoff it was Raia that has the color issue with her computer not Noemon unless they are the same person with different screen names.
Well, I dunno... *checks arms and legs* nope, I definitely think I'm me...

Noemon, do you have long curly red hair?

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I think I will use meatspace in at least one conversation today and see how it is taken...

Incidentally Thor, I don't think you are particularly ugly or extraordinarly handsome, just ordinary like most of the rest us are in the looks department. (Except for Ralphie and Jeniwren) There isn't anything wrong at all with looking ordinary. Being at either extreme of the spectrum has its own set of difficulties that ordinary people don't experience. We had a a thread on that a while back!

AJ

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be wise, creative and a genius, but I really want to be beautiful!
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ooh, Kama digs meee...."

She's just using you for your ticket, man.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Maybe your craving for beauty is why your art is beautiful?

AJ

Lalo
Member # 3772

I wish more women would. My ticket's underused as it is.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
"I would give all my genius and all my gifts for one woman who cared if I came home for dinner."

--Ivan Turgenev

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

- posted      Profile for TwosonPaula   Email TwosonPaula         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia-

I know exactly how you feel. I had never had a date or a kiss or anything until I met my husband (no he wasn't my husband then ) and I was 17 when that happened. But after I married him, I realized how glad I was that I can honestly say that I've only shared those experiences with one guy, and he with me. I guess what I'm sayin' is, please, PLEASE don't let your desire to have a relationship make you too anxious to get in one...it maybe that having to wait for a special person will be the best thing that ever happened to you.

SBS-

You say you're very funny...is it possible that your jokes are directed at yourself? Sometimes a very funny guy will put himself down without really meaning to, but that is a HUGE turn-off. Maybe that's not your situation. Just a thought.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks Twoson, I app...wait! Wrong nick! Ooooh, curses, foiled again!

[Razz]

Seriously though, no Raia, I used to have long brownish blonde hair, until I decided that I was looking a bit too much like Ben Franklin, and cut it short a few years back.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.