FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bob's next adventure (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bob's next adventure
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, if you can make it for either the 13th or the 20th I’ll call Sebastian Joe’s and demand that they make the roasted garlic-almond-fudge chip ice cream they cheated us out of on your last trip. I’m sure that if you check your ice cream book you’ll find it’s a known remedy for shell-shock, bitterness, and other post-divorce symptoms.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw! I just checked the book and you are exactly right!

Plus it does a good job lowering cholesterol.

I'll try to make sure I get at least one Saturday out of this trip! Perfect!

Ophelia...still waiting to hear on financials. Jeez, they originally said we'd know last week. [Angst] But the plan is for me to move to CS in the next few weeks.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*big hug*
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] [Angst]
[Angst] [Angst]

(((Bob)))

::cries::

[Frown] [Frown]
[Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Even the most amicable of separations have their tough spots - know you are not alone and good luck.

Hugs to you - and take care.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Garlic-almond-fudge chip ice cream?

Is that even legal??

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Its illegal, immoral and fattening. Sounds just up Bob's alley.

Pssst. Bob, you do know there is no Disney World in Texas.

The closest thing they have to Disney World is Six Flags. Major let down.

The Closest thing they have to Epcot Center is the Houston Space Center. Epcot has more advanced robotics, computers, and especially Cryogenics.

The closest thing they have to Epcot's World Court is a quick dash across the border to Tijuana.

They still have some of the worst of Florida, heat, humidity, mosquito's the size of commercial aircraft, and the occasional hurricane to lighten the afternoon.

Texas is no Florida. I believe they are both happy with that situation.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Bob))) [Frown]

I hope things go well with you and your new life.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Bob))))

I guess this means I'll never get to walk on your lawn, huh? [Frown]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Bob))))

Good luck, man.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Bob)))))
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
JaneX, I'll probably have an EVEN BIGGER lawn to obssess over when I move to TX.

(((everyone)))

Still waiting to hear about the stupid finances. This is driving me nuts! I just want it over with already.

Sheesh.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
They have lawns in Texas?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
sprinkled with cacti and mesquite bushes, yes.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Man.

Aura's making a big mistake. (So are you, by moving to Texas [Grumble] , but her mistake is more costly.)

I'm sorry, Bob. Bet all the female jatraqueras are celebrating right now, though.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but when will I ever get to go to Texas to walk on it? [Grumble]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

They now have real lawns in TX. You may not WANT to walk on them, though. The new regulations on septic tanks require a "sprinkler" system to spread the stuff out over a drainage field. Green grass, for sure. But at what cost???

[Angst]

katharina
Member # 827

Bob.

I can't believe you know that. *impressed*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Eww, gross! [Eek!]

(Now here would be a good place for a barf smilie.)

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
And you thought it was bad when the neighbor's dog pooped on the yard....

[Monkeys]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

kat, I even know that there's already growing momentum for a repeal of that silly law!!!

Sopwith, lol!

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds gross to me....people's dogs probably walk there or roll in it then go back in the house and get on the furniture. ick.

I'm sorry, Bob, to hear of your divorce. You will get LavaLamp and Posable Man, won't you?

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oddly enough, LavaLamp and Posable_Man hold no interest for Aura at all. That right there should've told me something! [Big Grin]

Two out of three of my personalities are just inanimate objects from her point of view.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Whereas I think all of your personalities are pretty inanimate . . .

[Razz]

Sorry, it begged to be done.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that Aura's available, would you mind posting a photo of her?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you freakin' kidding me?!

what a load of BS!!!

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dobbie...let me see... I should have one around here somewhere...

Icarus, at least I have a personality.

[Kiss]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
<insert comment that this is not the insult thread here>
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay, point taken. Icarus change my last post to:

"I think your personality's pretty too!"

[Kiss]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No, no, you were supposed to say it isn't the <insert> thread, or something like that.
Sheesh. Too early I guess.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

<insert statement of confusion over Bob's use of kissing Graemlins>
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Wall Bash]
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
((Bob)) [Frown] [Frown]
Maybe it's for the best for you both.
Best of luck, Bob.
I wish I could have 1/100 of the maturity your 1st post shows when I try to deal with stressful situations.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well thanks. It's not maturity. It's realism mixed with a strong measure of defeatism. Some days, the "all for the best" mode takes over. Other days, like today, when things aren't going very well in the "planning the next step" department, it gets really tough.

Just one example. I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out what kind of trailer to buy. The one I wanted is too much money and I can't afford to finance it. But the one I can afford has serious drawbacks. Now, normally, something so minor as this wouldn't bug me. But today, I'm just frustrated into inaction. Of everything I set out to accomplish this weekend, I did exactly 3 things:

1) Looked at houses on line. Got somewhat encouraged.

2) Researched necessary items for trailering a motorcycle. Got VERY discouraged.

3) Bought some tape for boxes.

Mind you, I was planning to start packing this weekend. I've done nothing. Oh, except buy the tape.

I'm wallowing in self-pity at the moment and then I think I'll go eat lunch, take a nap and prepare for my business trip tomorrow.

Ugh.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob,
Do you have a friend who could drive the car while you rode the bike? Then, you could pay their plane ticket home? It might be cheaper.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Bob)))
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Or he could not move . . . that would be cheaper still!

[Wink]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay, enough wallowing.

I figured out what was bugging me. So much of this is out of my control right now that it is just a prime situation to foster depression -- at least in me. I don't enjoy feeling like I'm in limbo. I hate to wait. My ability to plan for the future is limited by the uncertainty in Aura's ability to finance the house in her name. If it doesn't happen, though, then we still have some options. Like selling it, I suppose.

We'll see.

At any rate, I was clearly rushing things. Now I've got a trip for two weeks to College Station that I really don't need to take. But I'll go anyway and see what happens.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Aura's financing came through
katharina
Member # 827

((((((Bob))))))

I'm glad you're bringing LavaLamp and Poseable_Man.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Dobie may in fact be Andy Kaufman.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.