FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Radiohead's Toronto show has been postponed :(

Author Topic: Radiohead's Toronto show has been postponed :(
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
...with the new date TBA.

[Frown]

It doesn't look like there's room in the tour to squeeze a new date in this month, and the tour ends around when I'm expecting to have midterms.

If I have a midterm the night of the concert I will be forced to abandon my agnostic position and conclude that god hates me. In such a circumstance I would then commit ritual suicide.

Ernie Eves, Premier of Ontario, your head had better roll next election. "Ontario will be fine for power this summer," MY ASS. And to make matters worse, because the auto industry is in bed with Ontario's government, they scheduled the blackout rotation such that the auto plants don't have to shut down, but the refineries do. The media is all over the auto plant problems – "oh no, we might have to stop making cars for a while," but Ontario is almost out of gasoline and no one knows it but those of us who work in the oil industry. Phone calls are being made to ministers; hopefully they'll listen to reason and not force the oil companies to shut their refineries down in favour of the auto plants.

I was seriously pumped for the show tomorrow night. [Frown]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meltingsnowman
Member # 4559

- posted      Profile for meltingsnowman           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

One of my friends just got home from europe and she saw radiohead live over there. More so, she got to meet the band, talk to them for a while and get autographs. sooooooo unfair [Grumble]

Posts: 88 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky, this gives you an excuse to come out to Vancouver. There are still tickets left for the Radiohead show here. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just cruel, twinky! How could fate have been so cruel? Cruel! [Cry]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm, a trip to Vancouver... [Big Grin] ...too bad the Vancouver show is the same day as my flight back to Nova Scotia. [Frown]

I think that because it's my last year at university, if I have a midterm the night of the concert I'll just skip it. Final-year students can get away with all sorts of shenanigans [Wink]

We'll see. For now I'm just disappointed and ticked at Ernie Eves. [Frown]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
God didn't want me to go to Lollapoloza, which was sad since I wanted to see Queens of the Stone Age, was excited to see Janes Addiction and couldn't wait to see Audioslave (Rumor has it that they were doing a cover of SEVEN NATION ARMY! I'll have to find the bootled).

...but my car died on a highway with no shoulder, so I was happy just to make it out alive and unharmed.

I've got tickets to Radiohead OCTOBER 3rd in Houston and I cannot wait. Radiohead is my favorite band today and I imagine this show will be incredible, awesome, superb and super.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.