FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Three Songs (a game!) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My Three Songs (a game!)
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
That is not the answer I was looking for. But still.... wow!
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Speed??

And Frisco, when I try to copy and paste into Google, it just lets me put in one item. It edits out the rest.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. It's a good thing Clear Channel banned "Bridge Over Troubled Water." Those are some questionable lyrics. [Roll Eyes]

By the way, the answer to my unanswered puzzle was this: they all featured Andy Warhol art on the album cover.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

Okay, that was a good enough guess. I don't see anyone on the right track, so I'll spill the beans. If you want to keep guessing, don't read ahead.

Morning has Broken featured piano playing by an undiscovered Rick Wakeman.

Imagine featured drumming by a likewise undiscovered Alan White.

Video Killed the Radio Star was performed by Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes.

All of these people would go on to become members of that pillar of prog-rock and perpetual cheesefest, the band that will not die, Yes.

There's your connection. I'm surprised that, with all the prog fans we've got up in here, no one knew that. Good guesses anyway, though.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That was. Out there.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

Ooh, ooh, I just discovered a new one, and it's really cool. So I'm going to have to resurrect this thread.

Steely Dan: My Old School
Soft Machine: Moon in June
DJ Spooky, That Subliminal Kid: Galactic Funk (Tau Ceti Mix)

First person to get this is my hero. Good luck.

Speed
Member # 5162

By the way, feel free to use google all you want. Although the solution makes more sense than my last one, google isn't very well suited to the problem, so if you can find it there I'll still be very impressed.
Speed
Member # 5162

So, you need a hint?
Speed
Member # 5162

I'm almost starting to give up hope that you'll figure this one out. So if you're still frantically working on the solution, don't read any further:

Steely Dan, Soft Machine, and That Subliminal Kid are all names inspired by the work of William S. Burroughs.

Who's next?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
If I had been aware of this back then, I probably could have answered this one. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.