FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm not gay but..................... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm not gay but.....................
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can we please stop using the word pennies? Do you know how bad that word looks when people read too fast?!?
Yeah? Well, it's worse for me 'cause the Portuguese work for "penis" while spelled the exact same way we spell it is actually pronounced exactly like we pronounce "pennies". This caused me some embarrassment when I was showing American coins to a Brazilian family on my mission.

Them: "What are those little copper ones called?"
Me: "Oh, we call them 'pennies'"
Them: <blush and/or look of shock followed by inexplicable "tee hee hee".>

[Blushing]
[Monkeys]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if that is how penne got it's name. . . A little Italian Portugal tit for tat. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
With all this penis talk, it reminds me of one of the funniest anecdotes my friend Charis ever told me.

She grew up in a VERY conservative household and her father monitored their entertainment closely. She had a bunch of friends over and they were watching Real Genius when her father happened to walk through the room during the line, "Can you hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?" He was instantly offended, but said nothing until her friends left.

He cornered her in the kitchen and said, "Charis, don't you think the movie you watched today with your friends had some inappropriate language?"

Charis said, "Um... not really. I can't think what you're talking about."

"They used a few very inappropriate words in that movie. They used the word... ::whispers:: penis."

"Dad, penis is a very legitimate word. It's not that bad."

"Charis, I don't want that kind of language in this house, especially when you're entertaining guests!"

"DAD - Penis is NOT that bad of a word-"

At this point he was red in the face that she was arguing the appropriateness of the language so he finally yelled, "CHARIS! THERE WILL BE NO PENIS IN THIS HOUSE!!!"

She clamped her hand over her trembling mouth, nodded quickly and ran to her room to explode in laughter.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Karl - Did you ever get me my Sugar Shack picture? [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.