FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So, who drives a late model blue Grand Caravan?

Author Topic: So, who drives a late model blue Grand Caravan?
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
With a license plate "HATRAK 6" (or some other number, I don't remember) and was in Rockford, Illinois this morning?

You drove straight past where I work, so I got to tail you for a bit. I hope it's someone here, otherwise I think I just made some people think I was a bit crazy. [Wink]

[ September 03, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
You probably just caught the Cards visiting. [Smile]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

That would have been quite cool - too bad I was in no position to see who was driving, crazy driver or not. [Evil]
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! If it was one of you guys, I'm going to be really peeved that you didn't contact Dan or me to meet you for lunch or something!

[Grumble] Some people.

[Razz]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely enough on the night of my wedding, as my wife and I drove back to town from High Point to Greensboro, we were passed by a car whose personalized license plate could only point to our esteemed host.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
one time I got stuck behind a car with a plate that read "DSM-IV".

Someone is a bit obsessed with THEIR job.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a car the other day with the license plate QRL 189.

How weird is that?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Mack! That must have been me. And it's not my job, it's my diagnosis. [Cool]
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
Sopwith, if it said "Ender" or "Alvin", it WAS a member of my family [Smile]
Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno why I find that so amusing. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep Geoff, lean black Crown Vic with Ender on it, flew by us like a revenant in the night on a lonely patch of highway. [Cool]

Probably blew by to keep from getting covered with shaving cream and toilet paper.

Talk about an odd night, passed by Greensboro's best living writer, then stayed in a hotel named after G-boro's own O. Henry. Perhaps, someday if I keep at it, another Greensboro author was in my car...

(One can only hope, although I'm losing my faith in it a bit)

[ September 04, 2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Sopwith ]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I drive by a Bosch tool factory every day on my way to work. Apparently they also make Dremel and Skil brands according to the fine print on their sign. However for a long time they were changing signs and had removed the "B" and the "H" so as I drove by it for about 2-3 weeks it said OSC in capital letters on the front. I should have taken a picture but I didn't [Frown]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
Sopwith, it's actually blue, but it was night, so I suppose it probably looked black.

But yeah, that was my dad [Smile]

[ September 04, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Geoffrey Card ]

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Thanks Geoff...at least from now on I'll know if I've been passed by a card-carrying Card family member. (My Lord, you've probably heard every varation of that joke by now). I would have been really surprised if it had been a Card...Illinois is a fairly long haul from Greensboro.

Darn right you should have photographed that sign, AJ! Ahh, whattheheck...no worries. [Big Grin]

[ September 04, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.