FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Guess the Author Game -- Round Twenty (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Guess the Author Game -- Round Twenty
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
you're not making a new thread?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
oops.

Round Twenty-One

[ November 13, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah! Saxon refered to me as female!
Hey! [Frown]

I refered to you as female, and all I got was a "har har Deidre [Roll Eyes] ."

[Mad]

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I’m going to go out on a limb and say sarcasticmuppet, who, if I am right, has done a fabulous job developing a plausible male voice.
I read it wrong then, cuz you did say I was a female, you just added this to it. I was being overly sensitive because Hobbes called me a boy in my College thread. I was probably being oversensitive there, too. I'm sorry Dierdre. Sorry Hobbes. Sorry cruel, cruel world.

[ September 08, 2003, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good. Now I don't have to hate you anymore. [Evil]
Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

[Razz]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I almost screamed out loud all freakin weekend long. This was great.

Thanks everyone for all the good reviews. The people who loved it made my weekend. The people who critiqued it pointed out some good points (the too many High Kings and your right, that one line just doesn't flow right.)

First, I am male, and not somebody unknown to these boards.

Second, Yes, I would stoop so low as to critque my own work, with a blatantly flattery filled critique, just to be sneaky, and because I like the flattery.

I think the fact that there wasn't one single joke throughout that bit (or the rest of the story either) made guessing difficult.

Finally, the bad news. I am considering dropping the story. The story is based on my readings of LeMorte De Arthor. A test audience that read the first few chapters seemed to get lost because I had too many references in there they did not know. Reworking it around those references is a chore I may not be up to.

Besides, I am stuck on Chapter 4. (Though Chapter 1-3 are fine, and chapter 8 is great. Its a bit of a patchwork).

Thanks for the laughs all.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.