FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And my parents said I'd never amount to anything...

Author Topic: And my parents said I'd never amount to anything...
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right ladies and gentlemen...Javert got a job! [The Wave] [Party] [Group Hug] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

For those of you confused by my celebration, allow me to illucidate. The economy currently sucks, and I'm a lazy college student. So yeah, I'm just a bit amazed that I've succeeded in getting a job.

And at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, no less. Which means, as some of you know, that I'll be able to do a ROCKY impression every day when I walk to work! YESSSSSSSS!!!!

*hums ROCKY theme*

Oh, and use this thread to post any positive career or job info. There's far too much bad news today, we need some optimism! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Javert!

On the positive side, my work eval was very glowing--enough that I don't understand why one of my bosses seems to be kissing my nether regions... Since I passed my last test for promotion, I should get a raise very soon.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a new job (still the same one that was new in February), but I am back in school - and insanely giggly excited. It's only one class, but already it feels like breathing after too long a stay in a plastic bag. ^_^

Oh! And congratulations!! ^_^

Q.

[ September 08, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: asQmh ]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And my parents said I'd never amount to anything...
My parents were right about me. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qsysue
Member # 5229

- posted      Profile for qsysue   Email qsysue         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, congratulations!

My husband just graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree, now he's taking off to S. Cali to job hunt.

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

- posted      Profile for Toni   Email Toni         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, kid!
Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. Congratulations!

<------- extremely jealous.

by the way: elucidate

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, art!
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Javert.

Some good news: in the past 2 weeks, I've made 500 bucks off incentive (which buys me that plane ticket to wenchcon). [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

[Cool]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Pray tell, what is this "incentive" you speak of T?

Oh yeah...and can you get me a plane ticket too? [Big Grin]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
We used the Rocky Theme in a production of Bugsy Malone that we did this summer. It was the funniest scene (a fight scene) in the entire show. [Smile]

Congrats!!!!!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.