FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Killer Thread! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Killer Thread!
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread will be the bossest thread ever! Primarily because of the people that post in it are the coolest ever!

It will have links to really great URL's and insightful comments on life and existence.

And it will have the most fall down, slam your head into the hardwood floor and not even care, funny comments EVER!

It will include at least one Papa Moose onanism reference, and Pop will have mixed feelings about being associated with that reference.

Mackillian will show up and flip everyone off.

Ralphie will try her best postwhoring skills, and succeed in this thread.

Slash will trade insults with his sister, and quite possibly eat someone.

Morbo will make an incredibly funny pun about physics, which only a few people on the forum will actually understand.

Godric will be one of those people.

Boon will provide anectdotes to the best party ever thrown by a Hatracker (herself), and we will all laugh about it in this thread.

celia60 will prove that she is truely the most evil of us all!

Zan will point out that celia60 and donuts just should not be put together in the same sentence.

T_Smith will have something to say about that.

msquared will provide a useful diversion in this thread.

The Tick will provide big blue goodness! Spoon!

Hobbes will go on a smiley fest in this thread.

CT will mention this thread in another thread, one about Noemon.

Annie will enter the thread without any references to disco, and will go off to start her own thread about ice cream.

Zotto! will show up and complain about low-bandwidth connections. eslaine must concur with that.

jeniwren will take time off from Mafia just to look at this thread, but will not actually post in it until it becomes less personal to her.

tonguetied&twisted will provide support for everyone who posted in this thread.

saxon75 will catch us all off guard, and start a new paradigm (after initially being confused about this new world-view), but not before declaiming his love of fluff.

BelladonnaOrchid will weave a spell that will change the history of this thread.

Bob_Scopatz will enter just to be worshipped, after a link to his classic thread is inserted.

Pat may not show up in this thread. But Trogdor the Burninator might.

Having missed the reference to himself in the initial reading, Jon Boy will think that this thread "is a gyp". He will then notice the reference, and use it for self-promotion purposes.

katharina will give Jon Boy a hard time about this, regardless of the fact that she is the coolest. Ever.

Kayla will also not notice being mentioned.

newfoundlogic will turn to this thread for an increased post-count!

Dragon, overlooking this very line, will laugh later about overlooking it.

Stig Larson will give the best fish reference ever in this thread.

Icarus will provide grumbling. Poigniantly.

jebus202 will edit the hastily made remark upon noticing inclusion in this thread. And will then perform a Mexican Hat dance, astounding the rest of us!

Storm Saxon will say insightful things, but floor us with a sudden off-color comment.

Raia will hug people in this thread.

qsysue will make perceptive comments on the nature of this very thread, in this thread.

Ryan Hart will espouse his conservative views in this thread, then laugh about it.

Head Ditch Digger may just come back to post in this thread.

Dan_raven will give new meaning to the words: "emission" and "congest".

Tom Davidson will be a calm voice of reason in the storm, surprising everyone.

Narnia will provide an excellent and touching story in this thread.

Damien will be too new to be mentioned in the initial post of this thread, but due to the monumental nature of Damien's future on Hatrack, will be included anyway.

Ryuko will be happy just to drop by, and will find the thread incredibly funny! She will then wonder why she can't find her name as easily the next time she views this thread....

rivka will be happy to share a soup recipe in this thread.

Chade Fallstar will happily pronounce that everything is A-okay, and will then proceed to visit this thread, every so often, to see if the list has actually changed or not, having more than a few drinks on the way....

Dead_Horse will not be whipped in this thread.

Noemon will be mentioned in a list of jatraqueros, just by making an obscure Anne Macaffery reference !

advice for robots will attempt to sink this thread, but to no avail.

All sorts of other Jatraqueros will participate in this thread, but will do something interesting to be noticed and included in the initial post, so they are not just noticed as grumbling in this thread. After all, it is the most awesome thread ever!

Erik Slaine will wonder why, just why, did he have to start This Thread?! [Angst]

Edit: Ralphie (and again: Ralphie)

[ September 11, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope sooner or later I can be well-known enough to be on a list like that. I look forward to this, how you say..."Killer Thread!". Hopefully this will lead to general merriment, and something to do at night, when things go slow.
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what, Erik? This is the first time I've ever been mentioned in a list of jatraqueros.

I'm so flabbergasted at finally being noticed that I can't think of a single witty thing to say.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I got top billing, but I'm not sure I'm as happy about that as I could be, what with the context and all. Thanks for the thought, though.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You only mentioned me twice in there, Erik.

You may want to edit it and rectify that.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought you were going to link to something like this:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_
(Pern)

(note that to actually follow that link, you'll need to paste in "(Pern)" at the end of it. The UUB code apparently can't handle having parentheses in a URL.)

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Newbies will want to post here, just to be cool, and feel accepted.

Trolls will show up and start flamewars.

Erik will have to edit the initial post many, many times!

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean saxon; I don't think I've ever been mentioned in a list like that. CT did pay me an amazing compliment in a compliment thread, though, so I'm not complaining!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
as you wish
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Erik will find out that what he had written about celia60 was true--all too true! [Angst]

[ September 10, 2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think the donuts caper was far more insidious. If celia ever needs to submit something for an evil award, I would go with the donuts.
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Damien will put in an early appearance, and will be welcomed in this thread! No one will be able to suspect, at that time, the impact that Damien will one day have upon this entire Forum!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] [Hail]

^_^

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
afr will send it to the bottom!

*edited to add ballast*

[ September 10, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

:starts bailing:

:attaches weather balloons:

saxon75
Member # 4589

I'm still trying to figure out what you meant by my entry. Are you sure you mean paradigm?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
What ever happened to the "Instant Classic" thread? Now that thread was an instant classic.

Oh, and celia's most evil act has yet to happen. I expect great many more evil things in the future. I don't know what those are at the moment...

Well, I had to say something on that.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

You mean this Instant Classic thread?

[Hail] BoB!

saxon75
Member # 4589

Just look at the opening posts of each thread, though. That one is clearly a serious discussion, whereas this one is clearly fluff.

<--- Big fan of fluff.

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Some may not realize just how accurate the initial post was, and will re-read it just to make sure.

[ September 10, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
What, so I'm not in this thread? What a gyp.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dude, this month you've barely even managed one post per day. What do you expect?

And I still don't get the whole paradigm thing. And I'm not sure I was speaking bombastically or rhetorically when I was talking about fluff...

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

That really makes me think, sax. I think you may be on to a whole new zeitgeist here!
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I expect to coast by on months' worth of post-whoring. Is that so much to ask?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
And you didn't believe when I said the attention would dwindle...

Poor Jon Boy. Just now learns the ephemerality of fame.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Jon Boy. This thread blows. Not only because he's not mentioned, but more importantly because I'm not mentioned!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Jon Boy was mentioned in the intitial post. And you think you're Mr. Editor in Chief! And I mean that "bombastically" (see, sax?).
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dude, that initial thread is pretty long; can you blame him if he missed just one line?

10 points to eslaine for using the word "zeitgeist" in a sentence.

[ September 10, 2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

katharina
Member # 827

Wait - I'm mentioned only in connection to another Hatracker? Do my two years of super-seniority mean nothing?

[ September 10, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

10 points! [Big Grin]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

What is the pain about kat?
<----Clueless....

katharina
Member # 827

Elaine - in being ignored. I mean, really.
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

quote:
katharina will give Jon Boy a hard time about this, regardless of the fact that she is the coolest. Ever.

Well, how does that ignore you?
katharina
Member # 827

Elaine, I knew I liked you. [Kiss] <-- first given Hatrack kiss

[ September 10, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

[Blushing]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Whoa. How could I have missed such a reference to myself? I must be losing my shamelessly self-promoting touch.
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

We know you will work on that. Welcome back, dude!
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in!!

And I'm under celia. No better place to be.

Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff*

*contemplates Mr. Slaine's next funeral writeup*

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
hey zan, woo! [The Wave]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope sooner or later I can be well-known enough to be on a list like that.
Me too Damien.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
*Does Mexican hat dance*

Wow, I didn't even know I could do that.

This is a killer thread!!

[ September 11, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, this is just my week to be overlooked, ain't it.

*wanders off to eat herself into oblivion with Rocky Road*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qsysue
Member # 5229

- posted      Profile for qsysue   Email qsysue         Edit/Delete Post 
High-fivin' threads always lead to trouble.
Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone: --I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StigLarson
Member # 5579

- posted      Profile for StigLarson           Edit/Delete Post 
The best fish reference ever. My work here is done.
Posts: 85 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I think i'm the newest person on that list. So the question is does this free me from n00b status?

::compelled by some mysterious force to type:
*SATIRE WARNING*

Oh yeah, well once I made three right turns just so I wouldn't have to go the left.

[ September 10, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Hart ]

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I propose that the first post in this thread become alphabetical, so it's easier for people to look for themselves and then whine when they find they're not on it.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
The heck with whining.

The heck with you all.

[Grumble]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.