FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » On hidden joys.... (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: On hidden joys....
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Yes. Absolutely. New pretty underwear. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly what you mean! I throw on a fun new pair of Powerpuff Girls panties and I'm ready to face the day!

Oops. I wasn't going to mention that out loud just yet...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Chris.

*Cough* Erm, I mean, *pat, pat*. [Razz]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

- posted      Profile for Rasputin   Email Rasputin         Edit/Delete Post 
"Welcome, to this week's Wild Kingdom, brought to you by Mutual of Jamaha."

Finally, Ryuko has some newbie backup for her "pervey missions."

Morbo

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
not surprisingly, Chris beat me

[to the joke, you sickos]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Zotto, you may want to avoid the phrase "DARN hard" in future panty threads.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
"Welcome, to this week's Wild Kingdom, brought to you by Mutual of Jamaha."

[Laugh] Morbo. That was great.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this in any way related to 'fresh dingling feelings'?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, I'm underwhelmed. Jamalha's specifically talking about underwear that, she says, NO ONE will see. What a waste. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sooooo many lines.

Sooooo little time.

Guess I'll go with the old classic.

Wearing a new pair of panties, pink or wild red, does not give you near the feeling of hidden joy, power, and confidence as I get when I put on that new pair of chain mesh underwear.

Sure it binds, but if feels sooooo good when it does.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan - It's the binding that let's you know it's working.

[ September 11, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

oooh, and its working right now.

How come everytime you post, my chain mail binds?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
This song came on a few seconds before I opened this thread.

Secret Smile by Semisonic
quote:

Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile
And you use it only for me

So use it and prove it
Remove this whirling sadness
I'm losing, I'm bluesing
But you can save me from madness

So save me I'm waiting
I'm needing, hear me pleading
And soothe me, improve me
I'm grieving, I'm barely believing now, now

When you are flying around and around the world
And I'm lying alonely
I know there's something sacred and free reserved
And received by me only

Now I can't help but think that he's talking about those yellow happy face underwear dealies.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
oooh, and its working right now.

How come everytime you post, my chain mail binds?

[No No]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I feel that way more about new socks.

In a perfect world where money was no object I would only wear a pair of socks once. Once they're dirty and once they've been washed, that new feeling is gone and Never comes back... [Confused]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, your cmu comment made me burst out laughing. Literally. That's annoying when that happens!!!

(I think CMU should hereby and forever be recognized as the acronym for Chain Mesh Underwear.)

[ September 11, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
I've learned two very cool phrases today:

CMU and

Guantanamo Gulag

I just ADORE this place.

I'd talk about my underwear, but all the other Mormons would get mad at me.

Let's just say, there's only one way to know which crickets are the Mormon crickets.

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamaha
Member # 4874

- posted      Profile for jamaha           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the warm welcome, Hatrack! (Ryu & Zotto, I've been lurking since March, and wanted to start with a bang, but I'll take it as a compliment that you suspected I was an oldbie. [Big Grin] )

TomD: That's part of the fun, the fact that it's your little secret. But a close friend or roommate can sometimes share in the joy. [Wink]

One thing I forgot to mention before: You know it's time to do your wash when you are down to just your "Grandma" underwear. It's so depressing when that happens. Yeah, that's all. [Razz]

[No No] This wasn't supposed to be that kind of thread! (But I should have realized this would happen on Hatrack...I was however looking forward to a discussion of CMU.)

[Monkeys]

(And Chris, if you don't get help here, please, get help somewhere. [Eek!] )

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome jamaha, and great start!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I wish every newbie started off with a post this awesome.

But how on earth did you manage to register and then not post for 177 days? That's some freakin' insane willpower right there!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Really. My opening posts were a political essay and a homosexual argument.

Underwear was a much better choice.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
MrSquicky:

quote:
Now I can't help but think that he's talking about those yellow happy face underwear dealies.
I have a pair of these!... That glow in the dark!

[Blushing]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

See, Ryan, when I read your early posts I actually DID think they were about your over-binding undies. [Razz]
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish every newbie started off with a post this awesome.

Make me feel insignificant, why don't you. Oh well, the truth hurts.

Jamaha, if you've been lurking since March, you're an older-than-mebie, so I can't really welcome you so much, but I will anyway...

Welcome. [Wave]

EDIT: One third of a post more and I'll be a third of the way to 1000!

[ September 11, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]

Ralphie talking about my undies.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Dahling, nobody's undies are safe from Ralphie.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Godric,
I find that, after a while, all of my undies glow in the dark.

Wait, I probably shouldn't have shared that.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
My coolest pair of underwear is purple with a multi-bright-colored crochet'd panel on the front.

My bras are wonderful, but unfortunately they are all the same. I have only ever found one model of bra that fits me -- it comes in white, black, beige, and pink. I hate beige and pink. When I want to feel sexy, I wear the black ones.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

My coolest pair is white.

Of course, my least cool pair is white also . . .

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bricks-N-Sandwiches
Member # 5603

- posted      Profile for Bricks-N-Sandwiches   Email Bricks-N-Sandwiches         Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of sounding like the married COMPLETELY monogomous perv that I am...my Favourite part about a new pair of panties is taking them off (my wife!)
that first time = )
Like unwrapping a brand new present...uhh I think I'll stop now before the hate mail starts...

Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamaha has a point. NOTHING like putting on a fresh leopard-print thong. You get that lifting-an-empty-can-of-soda-but-expecting-it-to-be-full sensation all day long! Plus, getting strip-searched at airports turns into an adventure!
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

O_O
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
By God, as I love my undergarments I love this thread.

[Kiss]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Zotto makes an interesting proposition.

L sub U = L sub T

Where L sub U is the amount of love one has for their undergarments, and L sub T is the love someone has for this thread. I think it makes quite a neat little theorm.

<--*Is just using defense mechanisms to deflect the fact that I don't have any panities. [Cry] *

[Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It's like you have your own little naughty secret that no one will ever know about. "I'm wearing pink panties today, and you have no idea!"

You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I find velvet underwear to be quite fun especially in the winter months. But why does the underwear always have a netted back? That just seems like it's asking for trouble.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
My coolest pair of underwear is purple with a multi-bright-colored crochet'd panel on the front.
I had a very unfortunate misreading of one of the words in this sentence.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I've just determined that I need to go underwear shopping. All my bras are actually wearing out, so it is legitmate and I need a legitimate excuse in order for my frilly side to show.

Since I'm not a normal female, I need ettiquet advice.

Is shopping for underwear an intensely personal thing?

Or is it something properly done like going to the bathroom, in female herds?

If it is properly done in Herd I think we definitely need a Jatraquero lingere shopping day. People whose attendance would be mandatory, include CT, Christy, Vana and xenra!
[Big Grin]

AJ

(after this post I'm sure Vana and Christy are scared that I know where they live)

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I endorse this activity.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
jamaha, you've certainly made a hit with your first post! [Smile] Welcome to hatrack! <smiles a shy and secret smile>
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I once actually went underwear shopping with a group of women I work with. From what I understood from the event, herd shopping is fine.

Co-ed underwear shopping is frowned upon.

Leaving the two guys in the group standing around Victoria's Secret while the women are in the changing room is, well, just not a good idea from anyone's vantage point.

I learned more about bra's that day than any man has a right to know.

Damien
Member # 5611

I got kicked out of a Victoria's Secret once....but that's an entirely different story....nevermind me...
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wearing polka-dot bra and panties right now. And I like it!

--Steve

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
HELLLOOOO boyyss, and you others too. This is Darth Mauve talking, the Pink sabered Sith-y who created the idea if the Clone Army, after all, who else would think of row upon loveable row of big burly men in tight plastic outfits.

Underwear? What fun is that.

I created the idea of a Commando Jedi, if you know what I mean.

Darth Mauve,
I put the Sith in Sissy

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

That made me smile....thank you. I needed that.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
This had to go into the panty thread!

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=3434466

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is shopping for underwear an intensely personal thing?

Or is it something properly done like going to the bathroom, in female herds?

If you shop online you can do both.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually taken along with a group of coworkers to go shopping. The original idea was to go shopping for me (which I suppose was both insulting and fun at the same time), but it ended up that the first store we went to was for them (5 girls), and that store was Victoria's Secret. I think girls are extremely funny when shopping for underwear in herds, especially when they ask the blushing guy if it would look good on them.

[Blushing]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.