FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Geoffrey Subverts Tradition!

Author Topic: Geoffrey Subverts Tradition!
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
According to Papa Moose, my Geoffrey Card account here has 1999 posts. I'm not sure, I haven't checked. Problem is, I don't really have a landmark post in me at the moment. Maybe more horrible things need to happen to me before I'll be ready to write one.

So I don't want to just churn one out for the heck of it, if I've got nothing to say. But I also don't want to spit nastily upon tradition by overtly snubbing it. And I don't want to quit posting. So instead, I've decided to wake up my old Rat Named Dog account [Smile] Dog was cool, fuzzy, and he was great for messing with n00bs. So that's who I'll be for the next while. Maybe someday, Geoffrey Card will come back with something to say.

In the meantime, in lieu of all the warm and loving responses that I'm sure my landmark post would have generated, you can all take my Friend Test and make me feel popular!

It's at: http://NuggetRatsbane.friendtest.com

See if you can beat my wife! Wait a minute, that sounded wrong ...

[ September 14, 2003, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: A Rat Named Dog ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

- posted      Profile for Toni   Email Toni         Edit/Delete Post 
People who use alter-egos to keep their post count under a round number expressly for the purpose of possibly someday posting a landmark are SO lame.
Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!

My member number is lower than Michael's.

[edited to be offensive]

[ September 14, 2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Slash the Berzerker ]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheater.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I got a 19. I remain your undisputed soul mate, Geoff.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

Double Wow. You didn't actually get any of the questions right. All 19 points were for "almost right" answers [Smile]
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Pshaw.

I got a 39. And Geoff hates me, cuz everytime I see him I give him a wedgie.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

As a side note, does anyone else think that Geoff is WAY to newly married to be sitting on Hatrack at 2am hitting the refresh button to see who's taken his buddy test?

I mean, I'm just saying...

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

[Smile] I can't help it if I need less sleep than my wife does ...
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Eep. One more person with a decent score, and I'm off the topten list.

That's ok, I bet you won't do all that well on mine either, Geoff. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
you took your own friendtest Rivka?!?!? How weird. At least I used an alias to take mine.

Sorry Geoff. I only got 17.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
34! I got a 34! I wonder if I actually got any right...
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I'm a pretty good guesser! I'm in the top ten, and while it's only in the first 24 hours, I'll just pretend that 46 is a good score. [Razz] Of course, I only know him half as well as his second wife, but. . . [ROFL]

How sad is it that Geoff's second wife knows him better than his first wife? Was his wife cheating, using 2 names?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a 37 and I had no idea what I was talking about. But it won't let me on the top ten because xnera got a 37 as well.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a 42 (I'm "Hedgehog," and I've never met him, just his folks.)

quote:
Geoff's second wife knows him better than his first wife?
I didn't know Geoff was one of THOSE Mormons... [Big Grin]

[ September 14, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Yozhik ]

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Low score, baby!

And I actually TRIED.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
35!! woohoo for uneducated lucky guesses!
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! I got a 52, baby! I attribute my amazing score to the fact that I actually saw Geoff in person once, even though I didn't talk to him or anything (that was in my pre-Hatrack days).
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, let's see you beat that! 15
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

You bet I took mine! I was gonna get 100% on ONE of these silly things! [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Zevlag got lower than I did?

Hmph.

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, take my test. Its probably easier than Geoff's. I got a 35 on his, but I'm sure I can do better on mine.

Plus I don't have even one wife for you to compete with. Geoff has two for crying out loud.

http://pmeyer.friendtest.com

Plus whoever does it now is guaranteed to get the high score!

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
I win.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

How did Geoff know what Ralphie entered? I can't find an option for that stuff.

You guys are kicking butt. I thought mine would be easier.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to log out, log back in, and hit statistics.

I totally messed up Geoff's with a 17. I got a 67 on Xav's though, which I suppose I can deal with. [Smile]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. Of course, use obscure questions even your wifey doesn't know.

I didn't know that is what those friendtests were... Heh, kind of cool.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Yeah, I used questions that at least some people should know, or at least be able to guess at. It seems to have worked out okay, since the two people on hatrack that know me best are in the top spots (though I don't know who "who?" is). I'm disappointed in one of the questions though, since I've mentioned the answer at least a half dozen times on hatrack, and yet not a single person has answered it correctly [Smile] .

Jeni is going to be hard to beat, with her getting 60% of the answers dead on.

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, 54. random guesses (as in, i didn't even read the questions) got me a higher score than jon boy.

edit: i actually read the xav ones, but since i know nothing about you, i may as well have not bothered [Wink] 37. in a row?

[ September 14, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Couldn't beat Jeni, tis true. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.